Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Should Disney make a remake of the original JII?

Should Disney remake the original version with better technology. I mean everybody wants the original one back right? So I think Disney should remove the abomination with that weird stupid scientist and make a remake of the original one that everybody wants. They could still use the original audio from the original but with updated animatronics and affects. What do you guys think?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Should Disney make a remake of the original JII?

Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    Should Disney remake the original version with better technology. I mean everybody wants the original one back right? So I think Disney should remove the abomination with that weird stupid scientist and make a remake of the original one that everybody wants. They could still use the original audio from the original but with updated animatronics and affects. What do you guys think?
    I think WDW needs to look forward. A new ride, in the spirit of the original, would be best.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Absolutely NOT. While it is great to be nostalgic, and remember good times on any attraction, I honestly feel that like with Captain EO it would get OLD FAST. The original wasn't as classic, or timeless as the Haunted Mansion or Pirates., or ever SpaceShip Earth.

I have ridden all 3 versions of this ride, and while version 2 was horrific, I honestly do not mind version 3.

I like the ending, and I think it is a fun ride for kids.

That being said, I think they could do a much better family ride about the imagination that could be a bit more engaging, and thrilling.

I like this ride system, I don't think we need any more omnimovers, I would just wish that they would add a motion base to the bottom of these vehicles to add a bit more to the ride.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

I personally would like to see The Institute Get Dreamfinder...In other words, an attraction like the original, but with the II involved...

Imagine a version of the ride where Dreamfinder meets us in his Zeppelin and after introducing Figment, takes all the new ideas to The Imagination Institute.. This way, We can have the original ride, but it can exist in the building as something more emersive.. I enjoy the rides that use EVERY aspect of the attraction building..That is the one thing I love about the current version of the ride... We Really are inside The Imagination Institute!
    But hey, that's just my opinion

• Unhelpful User

YES!!! Definately, Disney should do a remake of the original JII. Doing so would really heal the scars of the two biggest abominations in WDW history which are JIYI and JIIWF that was put in that pavilion, and to ease the regret of those who wasn't lucky as I was, and never got to ride the original.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by edward1978 View Post
    YES!!! Definately, Disney should do a remake of the original JII. Doing so would really heal the scars of the two biggest abominations in WDW history which are JIYI and JIIWF that was put in that pavilion, and to ease the regret of those who wasn't lucky as I was, and never got to ride the original.
    The problem is that the original imagination pavilion doesn't match what Epcot has become

---------- Post added 03-29-2012 at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    I personally would like to see The Institute Get Dreamfinder...In other words, an attraction like the original, but with the II involved...

Imagine a version of the ride where Dreamfinder meets us in his Zeppelin and after introducing Figment, takes all the new ideas to The Imagination Institute.. This way, We can have the original ride, but it can exist in the building as something more emersive.. I enjoy the rides that use EVERY aspect of the attraction building..That is the one thing I love about the current version of the ride... We Really are inside The Imagination Institute!
    Okl what if in the new ride you were IN the zeppelin flying through Disney characters imaginations
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post

But imagination doesn't get old. Captain ep does obviously because it's just a 3d show but see. Journey into imagination lasted for 17 years and it never got old for me. And not onley that bit the attraction is awesome and also don't forget about the old image works.that never gets old. It's always fun. Plus I want kids this generation to see the original too. Not on just a video. It's better live

---------- Post added 03-29-2012 at 10:51 PM ----------

Original with new affects and animatronics with the same original audio sounds fine to me. Also did you see how popular the original was? Then compare it to the one they have now. If you don't see any difference than that's crazy

---------- Post added 03-29-2012 at 11:01 PM ----------

Plus guess what hosts is long gone now the new attraction no longer makes sense anymore. The original remake fits much more now that captain eps back. Maybe they could even bring back magic journey to the magic eye theater. I hope dr Nigel Channing can finally move out and figment can get back to his old self with dreamfinder

---------- Post added 03-29-2012 at 11:02 PM ----------

I mean hista not hosts

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    But imagination doesn't get old. Captain ep does obviously because it's just a 3d show but see. Journey into imagination lasted for 17 years and it never got old for me. And not onley that bit the attraction is awesome and also don't forget about the old image works.that never gets old. It's always fun. Plus I want kids this generation to see the original too. Not on just a video. It's better live

---------- Post added 03-29-2012 at 10:51 PM ----------

Original with new affects and animatronics with the same original audio sounds fine to me. Also did you see how popular the original was? Then compare it to the one they have now. If you don't see any difference than that's crazy

---------- Post added 03-29-2012 at 11:01 PM ----------

Plus guess what hosts is long gone now the new attraction no longer makes sense anymore. The original remake fits much more now that captain eps back. Maybe they could even bring back magic journey to the magic eye theater. I hope dr Nigel Channing can finally move out and figment can get back to his old self with dreamfinder

---------- Post added 03-29-2012 at 11:02 PM ----------

I mean hista not hosts
    Bringing back this ride however certainly would get old regardless of new animatronics or effects. there are a variety of examples of why this is true throughout disney history. It was a great ride in its time but the park should never be moving backwards always innovating and moving to the future (especially in FUTURE WORLD). In today's world, that original audio would be ridiculously outdated and just off in comparison to the rest of the park. On top of all of these reasons, you couldn't bring back the original anyways even if you wanted to as a lot of the main, extremely large and important, pieces of the original ride system were either covered in concrete and made part of the queue or removed. IMO the new ride is needed definitely, but its not as high of a priority for me personally as reopening the second floor, a real imageworks, or getting rid of EO. While were on the topic of EO, So were supposed to bring an attraction back to make sense with a show that the majority of people want removed? EO is only temporary until a new better option is found and shouldn't be a project the pavilion should build around. its drawing way less people on average then hista now its embarrassing. doing this would set the pavilion back even further on this downward spiral.

• Minion

Maybe not an exact copy, but something in the spirit of the original. The basic premise should be the same as the original, and Dreamfinder should return (as well as Figment's personality). But with new technology, there's room to develop new scenes and a new script to go with them.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Recreating an attraction dedicated to imagination is not very imaginative.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Recreating an attraction dedicated to imagination is not very imaginative.
    haha very well said!

---------- Post added 03-30-2012 at 10:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Maybe not an exact copy, but something in the spirit of the original. The basic premise should be the same as the original, and Dreamfinder should return (as well as Figment's personality). But with new technology, there's room to develop new scenes and a new script to go with them.
    Oh im in favor of in the spirit such as dream finder and figment being included, one little spark being in there at some point ect, but not recreating entire show scenes and essentially having the same ride that was there in the 80's. keep those old themes, leave the pillars of the pavilion so to speak, but bring us a new different and exciting experience.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    The problem is that the original imagination pavilion doesn't match what Epcot has become
    Then let it be the beginning of a new reniassiance that takes Epcot back to its roots. I'd love to see an updated version of the original as it was my absolute most favorite Disney ride EVER. You don't want to know how many explitives came out of my mouth when the 2nd version came along (minus Figment). And the current version really isn't much better. I adore Eric Idle (I'm a HUGE Monty Python fan), but I can not STAND his Dr. Nigel Channing character. I want to punch Dr. Channing in the neck.

If I lived in California and won tonight's $640 million lotto, I would personally fund a makeover of the Imagination Pavilion to bring it back to its former glory... and reopen the original ImageWorks upstairs, complete with the rainbow tunnel. And tiaras and ice cream for everyone! Hey, if I'm going to dream, I might as well dream big, right?

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Then let it be the beginning of a new reniassiance that takes Epcot back to its roots. I'd love to see an updated version of the original as it was my absolute most favorite Disney ride EVER. You don't want to know how many explitives came out of my mouth when the 2nd version came along (minus Figment). And the current version really isn't much better. I adore Eric Idle (I'm a HUGE Monty Python fan), but I can not STAND his Dr. Nigel Channing character. I want to punch Dr. Channing in the neck.

If I lived in California and won tonight's $640 million lotto, I would personally fund a makeover of the Imagination Pavilion to bring it back to its former glory... and reopen the original ImageWorks upstairs, complete with the rainbow tunnel. And tiaras and ice cream for everyone! Hey, if I'm going to dream, I might as well dream big, right?
    All right, go for it.

Id rather see a re imagining of the ride. There's so much potential with the new technology that's out there today (trackless system, better audio, etc.) while Id like to see the original back in the place of that awful thing they call a ride that's currently inside the pavilion Id really like to see a new version with key elements from the original (and get the damn turntable working this time, that thing was interesting).

---------- Post added 03-30-2012 at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    EPCOT has a theme now? I thought it lost it's worlds fair identity in the mid-90s in favor of a theme park theme. Oh wait it did.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    Bringing back this ride however certainly would get old regardless of new animatronics or effects. there are a variety of examples of why this is true throughout disney history. It was a great ride in its time but the park should never be moving backwards always innovating and moving to the future (especially in FUTURE WORLD). In today's world, that original audio would be ridiculously outdated and just off in comparison to the rest of the park. On top of all of these reasons, you couldn't bring back the original anyways even if you wanted to as a lot of the main, extremely large and important, pieces of the original ride system were either covered in concrete and made part of the queue or removed. IMO the new ride is needed definitely, but its not as high of a priority for me personally as reopening the second floor, a real imageworks, or getting rid of EO. While were on the topic of EO, So were supposed to bring an attraction back to make sense with a show that the majority of people want removed? EO is only temporary until a new better option is found and shouldn't be a project the pavilion should build around. its drawing way less people on average then hista now its embarrassing. doing this would set the pavilion back even further on this downward spiral.
    Well maybe they could redo the building. plus everyone wants the original back. not onley that but they brought back old enchanted tiki room right. I dont see why it would be bad. plus guess what other rides have been there for years that are qutdated too.Its a classic just like the other old ones. so what its a little outdated but with the new affects and animatronics itd do great. trust me. or they could just take out that god awful innoventions at disney land and make it the original imagination with the new affects and animatronic and origial soundtrack aswell. Id like to see figment in califronia. then all the figment fans will be happy in california and in florida.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast