• I'm the only one!

First trip to Disney World

I've booked my first trip to Disney World for this October. I can't wait to get there, really looking forward to the Food and Wine Festival! I'm going with my girlfriend and we're staying at the Coronado Springs Resort. I'm looking for reviews of the resort and Activities and Amenities the resort has. Any help and advice for the trip would be a great help. Thanks!
    "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

Re: First trip to Disney World

I'm in the same boat as you. I did lots of reading and what not. First thing I found was mouse savers. Great place to start. It saved me over $400.00 by not booking WDW rack rate package. I Booked hotel through travelocity and got my park tickets through disney. Another great help to plan out my trip was joining tour guide mike's website. It had great reviews but I'll let you know for sure how it works on after May.

Beautiful resort, stayed there for Christmas a few years ago. It's closer to Animal Kingdom then the other parks, so if you're the kind of person who likes to hit the parks at opening, give yourself plenty of time for the buses.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. I did lots of reading and what not. First thing I found was mouse savers. Great place to start. It saved me over $400.00 by not booking WDW rack rate package. I Booked hotel through travelocity and got my park tickets through disney. Another great help to plan out my trip was joining tour guide mike's website. It had great reviews but I'll let you know for sure how it works on after May.
    Okay, I have to say it and I hope people are kind to me, but I am always confused when someone says "just go on MouseSavers".

I've been on MouseSavers, but I don't know how to use it.

I must be stupid or something, because I don't know how MouseSavers makes things cheaper.

Can someone please explain how we're supposed to use that site? Is there a secret password to a private screen or something that I am missing?

Quote Originally Posted by DragoHarley View Post
    Can someone please explain how we're supposed to use that site? Is there a secret password to a private screen or something that I am missing?
    MouseSavers.com - Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide

• Nerd.

CSR is a lovely resort. As it attracts a lot of convention peeps, the resort buses tend to be way better than others on site. During the times I have stated there, the buses have been more empty, as well as the pool during the day (when the convention people are stuck in workshops and keynote speaker hell). hehe. CSR was refurbished a couple years ago. The room are quite nice. While the resort does not smack you over the head with Mickey, it still has some nice Disney'esque touches. CSR is my fave of the mods.

A site that I find helpful with WDW planning (aside from this site) is EasyWDW. The planning calendars are awesome to help you determine which is the best park to visit on what date. Plus the guy who does the blog is sarcastic, something I appreciate.

Have fun!!

I'm in the same boat except i'd be going around July. Does anyone know how bad the crowds are for summer?
    Plain and simple, I love Disney.
    Pin Collector since 2008.
    Annual Pass Owner Since 2007
    Favorite Ride Quote: "R2! Lightspeed to Endor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Albieport View Post
    I'm in the same boat except i'd be going around July. Does anyone know how bad the crowds are for summer?
    Summer can be quite crowded, but the closer you are to the 4th, the crazier it will be. Try tricks like eating at odd times, like in between the lunch and dinner rush, and don't be afraid to go back to the hotel for a break, the crowds and heat can get to you fast. Have fun!