• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Findin' the Quiet places round Walt Disney World

Howdy Pards,

Well, two or three weeks have passed now since my latest trip to Walt Disney World. And, one of the things I particularly noticed this trip is the magic found in the quiet places...the less crowded places. It first hit me after a long day in the parks...I had a hankerin' for takin' the boat over to Fort Wilderness Campground for some reason...memories I suppose...

Anyways soon as I got there I started wanderin' around out at the Tri-Circle D...I found myself lovin' the quiet of the place...I chatted with a feller workin' with those huge horses...pushed the button to listen to the Colliope...and just generally walked by every horse's stall I could...there was somethin' downright peaceful about it all. Magic you might say.

Now, I got to thinkin' how findin' the quiet places on those busy days can make a Walt Disney World visit so much more enjoyable... like out thar on Tom Sawyer's Island...just wanderin' around, explorin' the caves and the fort, tryin' those barrel bridges and things, or just settin' at Aunt Polly's and watchin' the Liberty Bell Riverboat roundin' the bend in the river...

A great quiet place to eat is the Columbia Harbor House, upstairs...I found myself lovin' the food, and the quiet.

And, over thar at the Animal Kingdom, one of the best kept secrets of the place is the FlameTree Barbeque...great food and really peaceful outdoor surroundin's with exotic Florida birds all around ya...

Peace and quiet...they can be wonderful after weavin' through the crowds in other parts of the parks.

So...how about you folks?

You got a favorite, peaceful spot?

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 05-06-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Re: Findin' the Quiet places round Walt Disney World

I absolutely adore the one little side street that's left on Main Street. There are a few little tables tucked back there, and you can hear the sounds of the Dapper Dans and the Main Street Band, without it being overwhelming. I bought a book in the Emporium one day and sat back there reading in peace, I loved it.
    WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

• Not a Crook

When more of the New Fantasyland is open I'm sure it will be crowded, but right now the back pathway between Storybook Circus and Tomorrowland is possibly my favorite spot in the park. It seems the vast majority of people either assume it's an employee only path or part of the queue for The Great Goofini. As such, even when the park is at its most crowded I rarely see more than a few other souls wandering path. After bashing into an impregnable crowd of people in Fantasyland proper, it's such a relief just to stroll along and catch my breath.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Romantic View Post
    When more of the New Fantasyland is open I'm sure it will be crowded, but right now the back pathway between Storybook Circus and Tomorrowland is possibly my favorite spot in the park. It seems the vast majority of people either assume it's an employee only path or part of the queue for The Great Goofini. As such, even when the park is at its most crowded I rarely see more than a few other souls wandering path. After bashing into an impregnable crowd of people in Fantasyland proper, it's such a relief just to stroll along and catch my breath.
    Howdy Disney Romantic,

Ahhhh...I love that pathway too. One of the truly great things about it is that it is the absolute best spot in the park to get pictures of the Steam Trains circlin' the park...and you are right, I've never found it crowded... Wonderful trail from the Carolwood Train Station to Tomorrowland...green, quiet, and peaceful.

Wild Ol' Dan
    Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 05-06-2012 at 03:27 PM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

At Epcot, the backstreet in the UK pavilion by the gazebo is quiet and uncrowded when the British Revolution isn't playing.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I agree with the OP on Flame Tree Barbecue. Best spot to eat is right by the water with Expedition Everest on the other side. Talk about amazing views. Also if you're a resort hopper just walking around some of the resorts is great, especially Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Also the gardens in the Japan and China pavilions. The farther back you go in some of those pavilions, the quieter they are.

Howdy Pards,

O.K., taint necessarily quiet I suppose...but it is downright special. Just outside the back gate of Epcot you'll find the Beach Club resort...and one of the best kept secrets of this particular resort is a place called Beaches and Cream.

Why? You might ask... Well, here's why:

Costs about ten dollars as I recall...but it's a few minutes of absolute Heaven...

Wild Ol' Dan

• formerly very helpful

Some of those little windy paths around Liberty Square are awfully pleasant. Maybe my favorite part of the Magic Kingdom.

Also, the spot in Epcot near the Mexico Pavilion, right by the flamingos. Very tranquil, for my taste.

And it's not in a theme park,but I'd take a little motor boat into the middle of the lake, and stop it right there, looking at Magic Kingdom in the distance. It's like the most crowded place is right there in view, but a whole world away.

And for that matter, Discovery Island was an absolute gem for peaceful tranquility. A real shame it's gone.

And at many of the hotels, there's a beachy area like this:

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Some of those little windy paths around Liberty Square are awfully pleasant. Maybe my favorite part of the Magic Kingdom.

On my last trip, which was on a busy week in June, I spent a lovely half-hour relaxing on one of those paths near the replica of the Liberty Bell. It was a great way to catch my breath after the crowds and before lunch at the Liberty Tree Tavern.

• formerly very helpful

Shhhh! Don't tell anybody about those paths. Just our little secret!

I've not been to WDW since '99 but one of my fave things was the Polynesian resort. We'd walk from the TTC and walk along the tiki path through the hotel for a dole whip at Captain Cooks then take the small boat from the dock to the Magic Kingdom - quite often we were the only passengers and it was a lovely way to travel across the lagoon.

I also loved the mickey and Minnie annimated hula models that used to be just off the loby but they vanished many years ago

• formerly very helpful

Ahhh, the Polynesian Resort. One of the first, and still one of the best.