Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Why is the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train taking until 2014 to open?

I was thinking the same as the last 2 posters here. Why is Fantasyland for girls and Tomorrowland for boys? Says who? Little boys can like princesses. Little girls can like space themed things. Disney is for everyone. Why is gender stereotypes going on here? As an elementary school teacher, I try to tell all of my students that it is fine for anyone to use the pink marker. Pink isn't just for girls. Here I try really hard to break some of that down.

They need a place for a Princess meet and greet. I don't like the Snow White Adventure ride as that spot, but princesses are a very important part of Disney World! I know nothing about box office numbers, but I do know that lots and lots of kids really adore Tiana. Myself included! I was one of those adults without a child who waited to get a photo with her just yesterday!
    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
    DLR: 1999, 2009
    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Starshyne View Post
    I was thinking the same as the last 2 posters here. Why is Fantasyland for girls and Tomorrowland for boys? Says who? Little boys can like princesses. Little girls can like space themed things. Disney is for everyone. Why is gender stereotypes going on here? As an elementary school teacher, I try to tell all of my students that it is fine for anyone to use the pink marker. Pink isn't just for girls. Here I try really hard to break some of that down.

They need a place for a Princess meet and greet. I don't like the Snow White Adventure ride as that spot, but princesses are a very important part of Disney World! I know nothing about box office numbers, but I do know that lots and lots of kids really adore Tiana. Myself included! I was one of those adults without a child who waited to get a photo with her just yesterday!
    I have to say, that in the two years or so since Princess and the Frog came out, Princess Tiana has become my favorite Disney princess.

I still don't like that she had to spend most of her movie as a frog...and I don't like that at the end she's working in a restaurant instead of living in a castle (even if the restaurant is what she wanted)...but I do adore her.

And I was so excited to meet her at WDW in 2010 and get a picture with her and Prince Naveen in that little gazebo they had for her. It was exciting and she was so beautiful.

I really wish Disney would build something special for her in the parks...and I actually have a dream that Tiana will get to be in another movie.

How about having her in a telling of "Princess and the Pea" where Disney repurposes that story somehow using it as a venue for another Tiana adventure...this time with her overseas in Naveen's country and somehow that classic Princess & the Pea story comes in to play? This way Tiana wouldn't have to spend the whole movie as a frog.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by DragoHarley View Post
    What does having two boys have to do with cutting the Meet and Greets? There's tons of stuff for boys in the parks...Advetureland, Frontierland, and Tomorrowland are 100% designed for boys. Fantasyland is really the only place that's appealing for girls. Why not have the meet & greets?
    My little girls love Tom Sawyer's Island and everything in Tomorrowland. Although they loved dressing as princesses and all that, Fantasyland was by no means the only part of the park that was appealing to them.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12