Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DCA Little Mermaid vs. MK Little Mermaid

Are there going to be some big differences between the 2 rides or is the planned layout and everything exactly the same? Didn't at DCA they have to fit the Little Mermaid into a building that was already standing? and at MK they are building a brand new building to hold it? I'm hoping for a better ending... possibly one involving a little more Ursula since in the DCA version we see her plotting her big plan and then at the end she is barely noticeable.

Anyone know what their plans are?
    I Have the Best Job in the World.

Proud to be a Conductor on the Walt Disney World Railroad

• Just splashing around...

Re: DCA Little Mermaid vs. MK Little Mermaid

I have heard that the ride itself, track layout, etc. will be identical to the one at California Adventure. The queue at WDW is supposed to me much more detailed, though.

• Minion

exactly right, the ride itself will feature very few changes from the DL version however WDW will recieve a far superior building and queue featuring next gen technology where you go on a scavenger hunt with scuttle.

• Minion

What I hope is that the Florida building has enough room that they can make the first and last scenes be farther from the entrance and exit doors, and thereby avoid the problem of daylight leaking in.

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    What I hope is that the Florida building has enough room that they can make the first and last scenes be farther from the entrance and exit doors, and thereby avoid the problem of daylight leaking in.
    If I'm not mistaken this was confirmed a little while ago.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Twist1234 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken this was confirmed a little while ago.
    Cool.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by mattthemickeyman View Post
    Are there going to be some big differences between the 2 rides or is the planned layout and everything exactly the same? Didn't at DCA they have to fit the Little Mermaid into a building that was already standing? and at MK they are building a brand new building to hold it? I'm hoping for a better ending... possibly one involving a little more Ursula since in the DCA version we see her plotting her big plan and then at the end she is barely noticeable.

Anyone know what their plans are?
    DCA's version is in an entirely new building that was built after the Golden Dreams theatre building was demolished. The only thing left over from Golden Dreams is the Palace of Fine Arts dome that was re-purposed as the marquee for the Little Mermaid ride.

The ride itself at WDW will be identical to DCA's version, though as stated, will have a more elaborate queue with Scuttle's Scavenger Hunt as part of it.

• Insomniac

Also, if Al is correct, TLM in WDW will not open with the 3D graphics or ice cream hair Ariel. I hope that they consider changing a few other things like King Triton's beard and the awful finally scene could use new figures as apposed to the same figures that are seen earlier in the ride.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

I wish they would add a few more new scenes. I don't want a clone of DAC's ride with a cooler queue. Why can't they use the extra space for an awesome battle scene? I wish Disney would spend more money on there attractions.

• Minion

Why would they need the interactive queue when there is virtually no line? I'm sure there'll be some lengthy waiting around opening time, but DCA's line moves a mile a minute.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Why would they need the interactive queue when there is virtually no line? I'm sure there'll be some lengthy waiting around opening time, but DCA's line moves a mile a minute.
    MK though has less attractions so lines accumulate more throughout the park, lines will be consistently long there but especially so until the new snow white ride is open.

• Minion

Yeah, the NextGen queues really aren't needed for fast-loading Omnimover attractions like the Haunted Mansion or The Little Mermaid, but TPTB have committed to the initiative and earmarked money for it, so they're pretty much locked into doing it whether it's appropriate or not.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Unlike the attraction at Disney's California Adventure, the one at the Magic Kingdom will open with FastPass and also be included on the XPass whenever that gets a real name and actually opens to the public.

Yeah, the NextGen queues really aren't needed for fast-loading Omnimover attractions like the Haunted Mansion or The Little Mermaid, but TPTB have committed to the initiative and earmarked money for it, so they're pretty much locked into doing it whether it's appropriate or not.
    The Haunted Mansion will need it if ride reservations are put into place.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post

The Haunted Mansion will need it if ride reservations are put into place.
    Yes, the one system that's not needed for a fast-moving queue like the Haunted Mansion is there to support the other system that's not needed for a fast-moving queue like the Haunted Mansion.

• Minion

Yes, the one system that's not needed for a fast-moving queue like the Haunted Mansion is there to support the other system that's not needed for a fast-moving queue like the Haunted Mansion.
    the queue may be fast moving but long lines still develop there on a regular basis especially during busy season. after personal experience and reviewing some statistics online the next gen queue has had little to no affect on wait times, why hate on a nice fun addition that has basically only positive effects.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast