Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

• keep moving forward...

Anyone have opinions on Stitches great escape?

with my trip to disneyworld coming up, i was wondering if going on this attraction was worth while... if not then we miy just skip tommorrowland all together, were going at peak season and we dont want to go on any rides that arent worth the while... im exited about seeing this "advanced animatronics figure"

what are your opinions on this?

• Banned User

Re: anyone have opinions on Stitches great escape?

Evil.. tireing, see it once and never again type of attraction, unless you love Stitch...

There's a reason people are calling it Stitch's Greatest Mistake.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

you know I havent had a chance to ride it yet, but I already know its a mistake. I mean, you take one of the best attractions you had in Tomorrowland and completely ruin it by making it kid friendly. What a mistake.

I miss Alien Encounter so much when i saw it in 2000 . SGE is just fun for the AA but that's it .

everyone that i know hates Stitch Great Escape but not for the AA .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Vehicle rotating backward

New Years crowds at the MK and you're considering wasting time for this attraction because of an AA? Skip it.

• keep moving forward...

i had only gone on alein encounter once... i ended up wimpering in my seat... (i know... i was 13 years old...but the thing scared me... but skippy was cool... i miss skippy... did they add him to the new ride?)

SGE is a bid pile of $%#! It is the worst attraction I have ever seen.

...and yes Skippy is still in it, sort-of. He's there but he isn't called Skippy. And the old teleportation gag isn't used.

• ROFLCOPTER

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    with my trip to disneyworld coming up, i was wondering if going on this attraction was worth while... if not then we miy just skip tommorrowland all together, were going at peak season and we dont want to go on any rides that arent worth the while... im exited about seeing this "advanced animatronics figure"

what are your opinions on this?
    Acually, I thought its was good. If you do not like Chilly or odd-smelling things, dont go. The Stich AA is very impressive.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Meega, nala kwishta!!

I hated the original ride. It did not fit in well with the theme of Disney. However, SGE does fit in more considering it's a Disney alien in there. The story is changed (obviously) and it is more kid friendly. I thought the new stuff was amusing (like when Stitch spits on you) but it still has weak points like the pinching shoulder things and he refers to himself as Stitch even though he shouldn't have that name by that point.

The whole point though is if you like Stitch, go on it. If you don't, you probably won't like it. It's like any other Disney related ride. Don't like Snow White? Don't go on her ride.

• Functional & Decorative

If you never got to Alien Encounter, then I would strongly suggest you do it at least once, 'cause the technology is impressive the first time you experience it. However, even with that note, I would not recommend a large wait time for it. If you can't get on within 15 minutes, then it would be a waste of time. Lines for it tend to go down towards the end of the night.

If you did get to Alien Encounter previously, then it's basically the same tricks, with Stitch instead, and much of the fear taken out (though if I were with a very young child, they may still get a bit frightened at the scenes of lengthy darkness). It's okay, try it once if there's a minimal line--the AA is pretty good, but not enough to give a resounding recommendation.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    we dont want to go on any rides that arent worth the while...
    Let me put it this way, all rides are worth while. Get your magic's worth. Get your money's worth.

Stitch is not a super great attraction...but honestly it is one of those ones that grows on you. I enjoy seeing Skippy. There are some great one line jokes in the background that you have to really listen for to hear. It is true the story is wicked lousy and the jokes you hear are not that good but overall it is still worth seeing once a trip. Don't skip it...but don't wait 2 hours in line for it.

I believe they have 'de-scarified' the attraction even since it opened last year -- does anyone know for sure? I went on it once when it was in soft openings (stood in line for an hour during a 3 day trip - but I was glad I got to experience it then!) and then again this past Thanksgiving, and it seemed that the 'total darkness' part wasn't as long, but there really wasn't anything to look at when they still had some lights on.

The AA is very impressive, though.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I made the mistake of trying this a second and third time to see if it got any better. The key word in that sentence is mistake.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• I was deleted.

I have been on this attraction two times when my boyfriend and then my mother wanted to go on it. Here is my advice to you if you decide to go on it. (No, I'm not advising you too... just advice on how to survive and not waste too much time on it.)

1. ONLY go if it is walk-on.
    2. Make sure when you sit down that you hold yourself up extra-tall so that when the restraint comes down you have more room. That way you won't get pushed too hard by the effect. Remember you can push it up yourself with your hands if you feel the need to also.
    3. Cover your mouth over the smell effect! I have heard from more and more individuals that the smell effect has gotten worse. So brace yourself-- it's not just a little stink bug smell, it's worse.

And that ladies & gents is how I, BPF survived Stitch's Great Escape!

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast