My mom is seriously considering a trip for my parents and I to go to WDW this summer in mid-late June (currently looking at June 23-26 with one day at each park) and, while nothing is definite, I'm getting more and more excited by the minute.
I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about DLR and how to make the most out of a day there being a SoCal native like hitting up the E-tickets in the morning after snagging a FastPass somewhere, the best places to eat, which shows to watch and which to skip, how to get around, etc. Of course, never having been to WDW, I have no idea what to expect. I've looked through these forums and have found a handful of tips, but I'd love to hear from people who are more experienced and can actively engage in some semblance of conversation.
Anyway, here are some of the things I'm wondering about:
- How does one get from one area to the next in each park? I've read that the pathways are much larger than in DLR, but does it make a noticeable difference in foot traffic? Are there stroller issues like in DLR? I know that WDW isn't as compact as Disneyland, so does that mean a much more strenuous journey between rides and lands?
- What can I expect for stand-by line times? I tend not to wait in stand-by if the line is longer than 20-25 minutes, but I know that there are often more loading docks in WDW in DLR. Is it offset by the larger crowds that lines are about the same? Along that line, how do summer crowds in WDW compare to summer crowds in DLR?
- What are some essentials I have to do at WDW that I can't do at DLR? At any other Disney park? What about some rides that are at DLR but are vastly different/"better" () at WDW? What are the best shows, or will a day at each park really allow me to attend the vast majority of them? Single-Rider options? With FastPass return times being enforced here, I feel like I really have to pick and choose which ones we go for else I'm left running left and right--so which should be at the top of my list?
- Best places to eat? I know about the dining plan, and I don't think we're opting for that, so what are my other options besides churros and turkey legs?
- Any other things you wish you'd known at your first visit to WDW? Special spots you'd like to share with me? Little things I can do that won't impede upon the rest of my vacation?
Thank you so much in advance. I realize I've asked a lot of questions, but I figured this'd be the best place to ask since Google and the forum's search function didn't offer me many answers. If it's any consolation, I'd be more than willing to help you figure something out for a trip to California. :P