Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pirates of the Caribbean Attraction coming to Disney Hollywood Studios!!

From Disney Parks Blog:

Earlier this week, you may have heard about a new pirate-themed offering coming to Walt Disney World Resort. Well, we can now officially confirm that The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow will open this fall at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Details are still emerging, but the attraction will give guests a chance to become immersed in the world of the four “Pirates of the Caribbean” films, and an opening date will be announced later this year.
    According to Jason Roberts, show producer for Walt Disney Imagineering, “This is going to be an immersive experience. We’ll really delve into the story of Captain Jack Sparrow and put our guests in the middle of it all in new and exciting ways. Story is always the most important thing for us at Walt Disney Imagineering, but we’re always looking at new ways to tell the story that our guests have never seen before. In this attraction, we’ll let you walk in the footsteps of Jack Sparrow. It’s not ‘the making of,’ not ‘behind the scenes’ … it is really a first-person experience. We worked with the archives as well as the filmmakers while they were shooting the last movie. And as a fan, I just loved sitting through those films again and again, going through all the details and leveraging them for this new experience. It’s really been a blast.”

Couldn't be more excited about this! DHS needs some new attractions even if this is some sort of walkthrough... Can't wait until they tell us more!!

Here is the article link..
    The Legend Of Captain Jack Sparrow To Open At Disney
    I Have the Best Job in the World.

Proud to be a Conductor on the Walt Disney World Railroad

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean Attraction coming to Disney Hollywood Studios!!

What is this? A fancy exhibit of movie props? I'm confused.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by A113PoCfan View Post
    What is this? A fancy exhibit of movie props? I'm confused.
    Sounds like it, though unlike the Narnia ones that were there, keeping it firmly in an in-universe context.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

This just sounds cheap.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

When they announced that they were closing Journey into Narnia, there were rumors of a Pirates theme going in, and it's taken them a lot longer than I expected
    WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

• Dreamer

What about "Pirates of the Caribbean" at the Magic Kingdom...?

• Minion

Hey! Maybe they can pull some of the Cap'n Jack AA's out of the Pirates ride and put them in there! That'd bring the number in the Magic Kingdom down to a manageable level!

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    This just sounds cheap.
    DHS never fails to surprise me there.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Minion

sooo are we just going to base wdw off of like 5 movies now?

toy story in 2 different parks, Nemo in two different parks, now pirates in two different parks.....

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Hey! Maybe they can pull some of the Cap'n Jack AA's out of the Pirates ride and put them in there! That'd bring the number in the Magic Kingdom down to a manageable level!

Doing this would actually make PoTC make more sense...if they only had the AA of Sparrow at the end it would not only make the ride make more sense, but it'd be a nice "weenie" at the end

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    sooo are we just going to base wdw off of like 5 movies now?

toy story in 2 different parks, Nemo in two different parks, now pirates in two different parks.....

That's what it seems like, nothing but four parks being more and more based off of 5 properties...

To be honest all this much exposure to those 5 properties is starting to burn me out of them...it's really starting to beat a dead horse...

I at least hope that this is interesting, and fun to do, to at least make it worth it going through it and dealing with The Movie in not only one of my favorite attractions, but also in a park that has so much patchwork that it's starting to become laughable at how much this park is confused by it's identity...

And DHS used to be my favorite park followed by EPCOT, now it's in third right in front of Animal Kingdom...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Can I hear an "amen"!?!!?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    Doing this would actually make PoTC make more sense...if they only had the AA of Sparrow at the end it would not only make the ride make more sense, but it'd be a nice "weenie" at the end
    Absolutely! It'd be the cherry on the sundae!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I liked how people scream bloody murder about potter being in two parks.

Now this just seems ridiculous. If this was a behind the scenes of the movies I could get behind this but as a themed experience I just can't.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

I guess it's better than an empty building. I think it'd be cool to make the space into a museum for awesome props and sets for Disney live action movies going as far back as they still have stuff for.

Another thing I'd love to see in the parks, and DHS seems like the natural place for it, is a cinema where you can see classic Disney movies on the big screen. There are generations of kids who've only ever seen some of the greats on home video -it'd be a whole new experience for them. And if their parents and grandparents are old enough to have seen them in first run, it'd be nostalgic.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Another thing I'd love to see in the parks, and DHS seems like the natural place for it, is a cinema where you can see classic Disney movies on the big screen. There are generations of kids who've only ever seen some of the greats on home video -it'd be a whole new experience for them. And if their parents and grandparents are old enough to have seen them in first run, it'd be nostalgic.
    I'd love to see that too, or the props from old live action films, a historical movie exhibit...that would get me excited to go to Disney Studios. But at the risk of sounding too cynical, that's not modern WDW likely at all, even a little bit. They want franchises they can stock the parks with merchandise from and are currently on DVD, moving units. Disney company history outside of using it to sell items in-park is useless to Orlando management.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast