Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Johnny and Me!

Re: What should be added or changed at Epcot?

I agree that Journey into Imagination needs to be changed. I rode it exactly once, and it was so awful that I won't be riding it again.

I agree about Nemo. The ride is noisy and it drops you off in a room with the most dreadful paint. Seriously, re-theme this place. I'd suggest taking some tips from the San Francisco science museum, which has a pretty nice aquarium set-up.

Also, let's bring science back into EPCOT. I used to think of the place as one big Carousel of Progress. Now, it's kinda stuck in the past.

I'm good with Test Track changing. It's really showing its age.

World Showcase is still pretty good. I'm not sure what I'd change besides keeping everything maintained.

Here's what I'd doFuture worldRevamped version of original journey into imagination & dream works with 21st century effectsUpdate energy pavilion with new film and hostsNew film for soarin based with random segments like star tours 2Redo innovations - call it communicate again, reopen the Italian restaurant and imagineering labs. Add an exhibit on Walt and futurism with new Epcot city model and explain original Epcot also add retro future exhibit and shop futures from the past - why people thought that why aren't we there yet. Add to this by retheming electric umbrella to a future nostalgia restaurant Bring back a new version of horizons in a new show buildingReplace wonders of life with an atomic pavilion - new version of inner space ride themed to a particle accelerator, some carny rides themed to atoms and particles and exhibits on benefits from particle physics in medicine etcReopen odysea restaurant and revamp merchandise to be more futuristicworld showcaseNew version of original Mexico rideNew china circle vision and exhibit on Disney in china - HKDL & SHDLAdd TDS gondola ride to ItalyAdd fairy tale dark ride to GermanyUpdate American Adventure end filmJapan - add new attraction based on Japanese history, not sure whatNorway - spruce up of ride and new filmMorocco - add Sinbad ride from TDSUk - new attraction themed to Alice using honey hunt tech, add copy of London eyeAdd some new countries each with ride or show and restaurant - open to ideas but would suggest more exotic places - Brazil, India, Thailand, Australia Costa rica

It's funny that everyone talks about how Epcot feels dated, then says that they should bring back rides that were mostly removed for being dated... Anyway, here's my wish list for Epcot:

- New HD films for Ellen's Energy Adventure, Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable, Soarin', Reflections of China, Impressions de France and O Canada. Ellen is still relevant and Jeopardy is still on the air so they could easily make a new film for EEA with a similar plot but updated for today's audience. New/updated AA's in the ride portion would be great as well. Also, Soarin' Over The World!
    - New E-ticket in the Wonders of Life building.
    - Reopen the Odyssey restaurant.
    - Completely overhaul Journey Into Imagination.
    - More countries in World Showcase! With legitimate attractions, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
    Here's what I'd doFuture worldRevamped version of original journey into imagination & dream works with 21st century effectsUpdate energy pavilion with new film and hostsNew film for soarin based with random segments like star tours 2Redo innovations - call it communicate again, reopen the Italian restaurant and imagineering labs. Add an exhibit on Walt and futurism with new Epcot city model and explain original Epcot also add retro future exhibit and shop futures from the past - why people thought that why aren't we there yet. Add to this by retheming electric umbrella to a future nostalgia restaurant Bring back a new version of horizons in a new show buildingReplace wonders of life with an atomic pavilion - new version of inner space ride themed to a particle accelerator, some carny rides themed to atoms and particles and exhibits on benefits from particle physics in medicine etcReopen odysea restaurant and revamp merchandise to be more futuristicworld showcaseNew version of original Mexico rideNew china circle vision and exhibit on Disney in china - HKDL & SHDLAdd TDS gondola ride to ItalyAdd fairy tale dark ride to GermanyUpdate American Adventure end filmJapan - add new attraction based on Japanese history, not sure whatNorway - spruce up of ride and new filmMorocco - add Sinbad ride from TDSUk - new attraction themed to Alice using honey hunt tech, add copy of London eyeAdd some new countries each with ride or show and restaurant - open to ideas but would suggest more exotic places - Brazil, India, Thailand, Australia Costa rica
    I LOVE these ideas. People are so fascinated by what EPCOT was supposed to be, an exhibit on the original intent would be great. And I'm so fascinated by the Asian Disney parks, but I had never thought that World Showcase would be the perfect place to "showcase" them. I've always thought they should have ABD trips to foreign Disney parks. I believe they have a Paris add-on for DLP, but nothing for Asian parks - an exhibit on them could really whet the appetite...
    “Walt Disney is a thing, an image that people have . . . I drink and I smoke and there are a lot of other things I do that don’t fit that image. But that image stands for something, and you don’t have to explain to people what it means.”Walt Disney

Follow me on Twitter at WaltsMartini for Disney Happy Hour at any hour!

• Minion

Yeah, if I had the budget, I'd put some kind of attraction into every World Showcase country that doesn't have one. No thrill rides, though; I'd hate to see that part of the park spoiled with an oversized queue.

• Banned User

Do they still have the tombstones?

---------- Post added 05-11-2012 at 10:36 AM ----------

My rant is EPCOT is perfect. If it isn't, people wouldn't go.

• Musical Fireman

I have one word..................................IMAGINATION! !!!!!! I didn't mind the other EPCOT rides even if I did make the mistake by going through energy to kill time so I didn't have to wait for the American Adventure you know what MY MOTHER WANTED TO LEAVE!!! Oh well my mistake.

Back to the matter at hand I had an idea for Imagination that combined all the versions it would include the Dreamfinder visiting the Imagination Institute to visit Figment but after realizing what Channings views were he decided to take you and a number of the Institutes students on a real JOURNEY INTO IMAGINATION. This would be JIIWF sugar high with Audio-Animatronics, modern projection effects and a return to the Omnimover system to cut ride time. Only the preshow would be standing with a film setting the story. More details will come in a latter post.

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• formerly very helpful

Bring back Horizons
    Bring back WOrld of Motion
    Bring back Horizons
    Bring back Journey into Imagination (original)
    Bring back Horizons
    Bring back the inspiring and stirring Jeromy Irons naration of Spaceship Earth
    Bring back Horizons
    Bring back the original music in the entry way, and find a way to re-use the older music themes
    Bring back Horizons
    Add more animatronic-non-thrill ride attractions
    Bring back Horizons
    Bring back WOnders of Life
    Bring back Horizons
    and finally,
    Bring back Horizons

• Disney Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthost2012 View Post
    I recently went to Epcot and was disappointed. Here is what I think needs to be done:

*Redo the Mexico ride into an Animatronics ride like Universe of Energy or PotC
    *Don't change Test track
    *Take out Nemo from the Living Seas, it was terrible.
    *Update Universe of Energy
    *Update the Land building and Soarin' queue. The Soarin' queue has little theming and I don't like the interior of the land.
    *Update Impressions of China film.

What do you think?
    I think Mexico's ride really needs spruced up. The birds don't fit, especially with all the old "its a small world" type animatronics. I wouldn't say they need to be totally top notch, but it could be so much better.

While I love Test Track the way it is, I'm actually excited for this new version.

I think Nemo's ride can stay, along with Crush, but I want them out otherwise.

Universe needs an update. It's shabby now, and far too long.

THE SOARIN' QUEUE IS A NIGHTMARE. I never go on it without a FastPass. It's too boring to stand there for an hour.

I've never seen the China film, but I must add this: More countries. I personally want Australia!

• Metro-Retro Historian

Once I finish teaching myself how to draw I'll have a more in depth answer. For now though.
    What to add: Attractions for every World Showcase Pavilion.
    What to change: Put some thematic unity back into Future World.
    Oh, and transportation. The Friendship boats are nice but not nearly enough, especially when they stop running 2 hours before Illuminations.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Once I finish teaching myself how to draw I'll have a more in depth answer. For now though.
    What to add: Attractions for every World Showcase Pavilion.
    What to change: Put some thematic unity back into Future World.
    Oh, and transportation. The Friendship boats are nice but not nearly enough, especially when they stop running 2 hours before Illuminations.
    I'm kind of ambivalent about the transportation, but yes. This. Also, please make Imagination not suck and add more World Showcase pavilions.

Getting a script for Spaceship Earth that isn't aimed at five year olds would be a nice touch too.

The new Test Track seems to be a step in the right direction. Time will tell...
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Quote Originally Posted by edward1978 View Post
    I totally agree, get rid of Dr. Nigel Channing and the Imagination Institute, and bring back the original Journey Into Imagination, and bring back Horizons too.
    Yes yes yes! Please! I seriously hate that modern garbage they have there I want the original back with updated animatronics and technology. That's what I want. It could still have the same 1982 soundtrack but they should bring it back with modern technology

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    I'm kind of ambivalent about the transportation, but yes. This. Also, please make Imagination not suck and add more World Showcase pavilions.
    I agree, bring back the oringial Journey Into Imagination with Dreamfinder and I want one country from each continent to have a pavilion at the World Showcase. I want an Australia and Brazil pavilions at the WS. I would love to see those sexy Brazilian Samba dancers at Epcot

I would love to see a new festival for Epcot. I absolutely adore both Flower and Garden and Food and Wine. I would go crazy for an International Music and Dance Festival!!!!!
    WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast