Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: What should be added or changed at Epcot?

Oh, if only....

-Spaceship Earth back to Irons version, now with current new animatronics makes 1 perfect ride

-Living Seas name return where Nemo is only a component of, not the entire basis of, the pavilion

-Universe of Energy, sponsored by Edison or whomever the local FL utility provider is. Explore all forms of energy, keep ride but change out films and remove the corni-ness

-Wonders of Life, presented by 24 Hr Fitness. Reuse Body Wars simulators in a new ride about exercise, keep Cranium Command, bring back interactive stuff to do as well as a Jamba Juice-type bar and healthy foods table service restaurant with gluten free and vegan, etc. options

-Test Track - let's see what they do already but yeah, no more scaffolding and get an attractive facade

-Imagination - of course, return as much to the original as is feasible and reopen upstairs with new stuff

-Mexico - El Rio return with modernized elements

-Germany - new ride in EXISTING building

And that's just a conservative list but I'm willing to be conservative if they'd just tackle some of these.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

I'm just waiting for Cuba to be added

• Heavy Breather

My idea for a reimagined EPCOT Center:

There are new reimagined logos for each pavillion reminescient of the original logos.

Spaceship Earth: Presented by Siemens-
    Take a joirney through the history of communication and see what could be in store for our future. Showcased in a finale populated with audio-animatronics and peppers ghost effects, descending as Tomorrows Child is playing. Narrated by James Earl Jones.

Universe of Energy: Presented by Shell-
    Ellen and Bill Nye have been evicted from the Universe and it has returned to informing us about the new ways of conserving and extracting energy. Featuring enhanced Dinosaur AA's and new effects. Lets not forget the theme songs.

Weather Central: Presented by Sony-
    The Wonders of Life has been repourposed and expanded for a weather dedicated to the research of weather. The place will have a giant weather vane in the center of the building, with exhibits to learn more about weather and how it affects so many aspects of ones life. The headliner attraction will be a WoM style attraction about how meteorologists discovered the dangers and perks of weather. With water, heating, and lighting effects, also a cast of many audio animatronics.

The World of Motion Featuring Test Track: Presented by Chevrolet/GM-
    The scafolding has been removed revealing the beautiful outside loop that the ride vehicles ride to get into the showbuilding of the new World of Motion. Test Track is now an outside attraction like it should be.

The Living Seas: Presented by Ozark-

The Nemo theme has been removed and is now themed to an underwater sea base reminescient to the under-water city in Horizons. The newly updated Omnimover attraction "Adventure Thru Liquid Space" takes you under the sea to observe the many types of sea life that populate the big blue. Featuring populated sea tanks and hands on exhibits after the attraction.

The Land: Presented by Del Monte-
    The Pavillion stays reletively the same with a few changes. The theme song "Listen to the Land" makes a come back. The queue to Soarin is more themed to an airliner rather than a boring switch back queue. The film Circle of Life is replaced by a new film narrated by Morgan Freeman.

Journey into Imagination: Presented by Apple-
    The paint scheme has been restored to its original purple and blue. The Magic Eye theatre has been torn out for expanded ride space to the new park headliner attraction. The attraction staring Dreamfinder and Figment is a journey through how imagination is in all of us and we can ignite it with that one little spark. The upstairs Imageworks have been reopened featuring new exhibits. Including virtual Micheal Eisner punch out(not really).

That is all.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Sock Puppet

I know this has been said before, but I would love to see four more countries added somehow to the world showcase. What I would like to see is:

* Australia...with a Great Barrier Reef ride that could incorporate Nemo so he could be removed from other places like Living Seas

* Botswana...because if you have not read the No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency books you need to and it could have a very fun performance/stage show facet to it to celebrate the glorious culture of Africa (even a nice way to plug Animal Kingdom for people who do not go to AK but who go to Epcot...maybe this would make them want to go to AK)

* Russia...it would be gorgeous, and I'd love something to do with Faberge Eggs and maybe a restaurant with an aquarium for a floor and sturgeons swimming underneath (saw this on a travel show about Moscow or St. Petersburg and it is a REAL restaurant that exists!)

* India...could have some Jungle Book ride(s) and the fabulous food of India...maybe a Ganges River boat ride or something

---------- Post added 07-02-2012 at 10:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thedude76 View Post
    Oooh! This would be a fun one too! Something Caribbean could also be used to promote Disney Cruises. Let's face it, if we incorporate synergy into our ideas maybe Disney execs will get excited by them!

• Indiana Scott

Quote Originally Posted by thedude76 View Post
    Great idea! Interesting culture and fabulous food possibilities.

I visited Walt Disney World for the first time back in October. I was excited to finally get there. But the impression I got going through Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios is, these places are old.
    The Magic Kingdom reminded me of Disneyland in the 80s. And it just didn't seem, although this was my first visit, that there has been much in the way of improving it.
    Epcot was nice, but it seemed in need of some maintenance. Spaceship Earth smelled like a men's locker room.
    And Disney's Hollywood Studios just didn't make sense. It felt like a storage facility for unwanted "Hollywood-ish" stuff.
    Animal Kingdom was the only park that seemed to flow as I went through it and was highly detailed in it's theming.
    I'm a Disneyland Resort Gal. And I'm used to a resort that is constantly evolving, improving, and most important, in good shape. So Walt Disney World was a bit of a let down.

The very first step that must be taken is for everyone at Disney to agree on the purpose of the Epcot park. Or at least the priority of any changes to be made. Epcot should entertain first, educate second.

Next step: rename Future World to something else (Discovery World?). There is nothing futuristic about Future World. And it's simply economically unfeasible to try to keep it futuristic. Our society just moves way too fast. What appears futuristic today, will look quaint tomorrow. Just quit trying to keep up. Disney finally figured this out in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom. Apply those lessons at Epcot.

Next: gut Innoventions. This attraction (?) is single handedly the most boring display that Disney has ever put together. It's mind numbingly boring. Innoventions is only good for air-conditioned relief and to get your sore feet off the ground. I recommend removing everything and building a real attraction in the space. Somehow connect both east and west sides together. Move the store and restaurant to other locations so that the entire structure can be used for the attraction.

Next: Is there anyway to remove that stage at the back of the Future World fountain? Give us 360 degree access to the fountain.

Next: I can't think of any Future World attraction replacement/update that is as good as the original one that was replaced or updated. All of the original Future World attractions were better at the park's opening than they are today.

Test Track is too mundane a subject. Yes, cars are tested. Gotcha. As a thrill ride, it's not very thrilling. As an educational tool, it's a bit boring. I come to WDW to get away from the real world. Why pull me back into the real world with this display. Wheels of Motion was at least a bit more fun, with humor and whimsy. I came out singing that silly tune. I just come out of Test Track with a headache.

Horizons was indeed better than Mission Space. Although, I cannot completely write off Mission Space. I do enjoy it. Perhaps replace Wonders of Life with an updated Horizons.

Wonders of Life was the weakest attraction in Future World. Far too much emphasis on education over entertainment. "The Making of Me". Really? Where's the fun in that? Well, other than the obvious thing that adults do. Nuke the entire pavilion and fill in the crater with something interesting.

I'd like to see the World of Energy gutted as well. In it's place I'd like to see something that is like the Great Movie Ride in the Disney Studios. Little glimpses into what it takes to produce the energy we use. With real animatronics, not just movies. For a finale, I'd like something similar to that one scene in The Maelstrom (Norway) in which you slide down the sluice into the North Sea and are confronted with Troll, the giant oil and gas platform. Except on a huge scale. Make people appreciate how much effort goes into getting the gas you fill your tank with every week. Or is this too educational. Perhaps Ellen and the science guy can joke through the ride.

I miss the grandeur of The Living Seas. Today, the tanks look empty. I could care less about Nemo or talking Crush. Bring back the spectacle.

Today's Imagination pavilion is lacking, but I'm not one of those that thought the original was all that great. Although that "Imagination. Imagination." song would ring through your head for days afterwords. The attraction should at least be returned to that standard.

Something must be done with the Odyssey. It's too damn big to be sitting there unused - yes, I know it's used for special events. It's also a pretty dang ugly building. Must be all the brown paint. Refurbish it and move the Mouse Ears store and the Magic Umbrella restaurant to this location - freeing up space in the old Communicore building for a real attraction.

And yes, I agree more pavilions in World Showcase. With decent attractions built-in. Not just a new shop and restaurant.

There's probably more, but that's a start.

Oh, one last thing. Bring back all the missing Christmas decorations.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Great idea! Interesting culture and fabulous food possibilities.
    Oh yes, and we can have Castro himself there on opening day to "educate" us all.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

My list

1. Update universe of energy
    2. Replace womders of life
    3. Replace mission:space
    4. Update spaceship earth
    5. Expand the living seas to hold a whale shark
    6. Redevelop imagination pavilion bring back the rainbow tunnel
    7. Bring live hosts backs living with the land replace the circle of life film, upgrade soarin and add a 2nd show building
    8. Add a logging flume thrill ride to canada
    9. Add Alice in wonderland dark ride to the uk
    10. Add ratatouille dark ride to France
    11. Add mount Fiji ride to japan.
    12. Add Aladdin dark ride to morroco
    13. Update the American Adventure show
    14. Add singing gondola tours to italy
    15. Add the Rhine river boat tour to germany
    16. Add a 360 3D mythological journey through china
    17. Remodel malestrom. Turn the current exit into the entrance, have thentheaternact as a preshow. Have two load and unload platforms there. Then add a setup scene before the lift hill, then remove the oil rigs at the bottom and replace with a mythological ending.
    18. Add animatronics to the ending of mexicos ride.
    19. Add a russia pavilion
    20. Add an India pavilion
    21. Add a brazil pavilion

That sums up what I would do.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

1. Put seats in the movies. (Seriously? Norway is the only one to do this.)
    2. And, while they're at it, make them 3D.
    3. Effectively split Epcot by adding a grand entry to World Showcase, instead of feeling like you just snuck into the exciting side of the park.
    4. Add a few more countries and give them rides. Or, if the state of the economy for those countries is too poor to do so, add in a few rides with around-the-world themes or something of the like.
    5. Change the Mexico ride. I would suggest something along the lines of a dark Dia de los Muertes, but that might scare the children. Since the pyramid is Mayan, maybe it could have to do with that, but DEFINITELY stop doing tv screens. People don't pay hundreds of dollars to stare at a Disney tv.
    6. Speaking of tv screens, Finding Nemo has to be reworked. Make it an under-the-water ride, going through a huge aquarium tunnel. Maybe the background could actually be tvs with nemo guiding you but let's please look at some real animals while we're at it.
    7. Add fake vines and other "land-esque" scenery to The Land building.
    8. Enhance the Soarin line with faux clouds hanging from the ceiling. Add buttons and turn knobs that change the weather from happy to gloomy and other interactive thing-a-ma-bobs.
    9. Completely redo Imagination. Make it more of a thrill ride with flashing lights, colors, and sounds, and send people past the wacky things dreams are made of at "The Speed of Imagination". (This may be a great new name for the ride, also.)
    10. Take one half of Innovations and make it a restaurant or store featuring strange food from around the world. (i.e. chocolate-covered crickets, haggis, mince-meat pies, fried frog legs, etc.)
    11. Take the other half of Innoventions and turn it into a hands-on science museum that explains atoms, genes, phenotypes, and genotypes - the basic components of the world.
    12. Make the Electric Umbrella really electric, as in adding more neon lights, lit floors, and painting the walls to look like lightening is all around you. Go all out on this and make the food quick-and-easy seafood.
    13. Add seats to the beginning of Ellen's Energy Adventure, make it a motion ride so that you can "feel" the dinosaurs, and shorten it. This way, those who like it can still go and those who are dragged along don't have to be there for 45 minutes.

• former CM

Remove the Leave a Legacy stones from the front of Spaceship Earth as soon as possible.
    And remove those tarps/sails (?) that obstruct the views of Spaceship Earth on the south side of it that faces World Showcase.

Have a Russia Pavilion with the architecture of St Petersburg surrounding Moscow's St. Basil's, and have rotating art exhibits from the Hermitage and some kind of film tour of this country that spans 11 time zones.

In Horizons rebuild the Kitchen Kabaret, rebuild DCA's old Superstar Limo, have the two shocking machines that used to be in Main Street's Penny Arcade (we loved them), have an exhibit of the beauty of Disney's Paris Studios park when it opened, have a motion simulator of Paris Space Mtn. that is just as painful, have a theater showing nothing but Snowball Express and Cars II, have ten different Disney timeshare sales booths, have a show where hip hop Mickey raps, and have a statues of Goofy and Paul Pressler. Call the pavilion
    Disney Hell.

• Mr Test Track

The most important thing to me is to put the Dreamfinder into Journtey into Imagination but here are some other ideas.

-Bullet Train Ride in Japan Pavilion because it seems really cool.

-WoL pavilion connected to Mission: Space for a larger space pavilion

-Add Spain and Switzerland because 2 places with amazing food

-Lastly bring back Horizons

-KILL NEMO

-Also follow this song for instructions on how to fix Walt Disney World: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC5zts4ZsGo
    Last edited by PerrySimon; 07-16-2012 at 05:45 AM. Reason: I forgot something.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234