question about fireworks and rain policy at Magic Kingdom.

I booked the tommorland terrace firework desert party next friday May 18th mainly for the view of the show. The forecast is reporting 60% chance of Scattered T-Storms... I'm going to wait it out until Wednesday and see if it changes otherwise cancel. Now I know that if it has even rained in the evening or if its even a little windy DLR cancels the show. How does WDW do things when it comes to wind and rain? Expert help is much needed.

Re: question about fireworks and rain policy at Magic Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
    I booked the tommorland terrace firework desert party next friday May 18th mainly for the view of the show. The forecast is reporting 60% chance of Scattered T-Storms... I'm going to wait it out until Wednesday and see if it changes otherwise cancel. Now I know that if it has even rained in the evening or if its even a little windy DLR cancels the show. How does WDW do things when it comes to wind and rain? Expert help is much needed.
    The forecast is NOT going to change.

Right now central fl is really in need of the rains, but normally scattered T-Storms are a daily fact of life in central florida. They usually hit in the mid to late afternoon hours. Typically they are done long before a 9pm or 10pm fireworks show.

the tommorrowland terrace is COVERED and unlike Disneyland, MK has a nice green belt around it. light to moderate Winds are not going to stop MK's fireworks.

The firework show will pretty much go on no matter what. It takes hail or directly above lighting to delay it. Once that clears, they will do it late but late shows are rare and more typical, it just goes on as schedule no matter what the weather.

Like said above. The Tarrace is covered. Usually the fireworks go rain or shine. The Wind and static (Lightening prone) air is likely to delay the show. If it's just rain, it will likely go anyway.

WDW is more "flexible" about fireworks in inclement weather because they are so used to it. I'd say go no matter what. If there's a break in the weather, the show will happen.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• May the F=ma be with you

Wind and rain will not effect any firework shows at the Magic Kingdom. The only time a show will be cancelled is if it can not be loaded due to lightening in the area in the morning and afternoon. Also, the occasional hurricane will cancel or delay the show. It's only happened a handful of times in the history of Wishes.
    In almost 13 years of performing nightly at Epcot. Reflections of Earth has been cancelled only 4 or 5 times. That's a rate of 1 cancellation per 1,000 shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    The forecast is NOT going to change.
    This is Florida. The forecast can change on a daily or even hourly basis. And usually does. And as of this posting it has changed from 60% chance of rain to 30% chance. And usually if it's 30% or less, it's not going to do anything.

Just keep an eye on the forecast here:

10 Day Weather Forecast for The Walt Disney World Resort - weather.com

I'm going up there that same weekend and REALLY hoping for no rain because I have some important stuff planned while at the parks. Luckily right now it's looking good.

But as others have said, the Tomorrowland Terrace is covered and fireworks usually go off even if it's raining, unless there's also lightning or high winds. Just keep an eye on the forecast and plan accordingly.

Thank you to everyone's help. I'll just roll with the punches and see what happens. Leaving in 3 days so I'm just hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    This is Florida. The forecast can change on a daily or even hourly basis. And usually does. And as of this posting it has changed from 60% chance of rain to 30% chance. And usually if it's 30% or less, it's not going to do anything.

Just keep an eye on the forecast here:

10 Day Weather Forecast for The Walt Disney World Resort - weather.com

I'm going up there that same weekend and REALLY hoping for no rain because I have some important stuff planned while at the parks. Luckily right now it's looking good.

But as others have said, the Tomorrowland Terrace is covered and fireworks usually go off even if it's raining, unless there's also lightning or high winds. Just keep an eye on the forecast and plan accordingly.
    Thanks for qouting the part I overstated and in doing so completely missing my point so that you can make yourself look good. anywho.

Thunder storms are daily chance here and in the end 60%... 30% it can change so fast from one to the other and back again that's its not worth changing your plans based on a forecast. Unlike land, world will more then likely do the show aas scheduled so enjoy it.