Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Classic Animation

Boma is a great dinning experience in a semi-buffet format. Exotic and familiar things can be found. They have 3 rotating menus. We find it exceptional.

• Vacation Club Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyKyle
    I have made reservations for there when I go in May. I heard that the lamb is wonderful, so I JUST have to taste it!
    You're gonna love the lamb and the belly dancers Big Daddy! And you really feel like you left the country when you're at Marrakesh! It is outstanding!

• Do you have a 27B/6?

I only had one bad dining experience at WDW: the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary; the food was good, but overpriced, and the service was kind of mean there. But it wasn't very Disney, anyway.
    Boma: went there for my birthday with my roommates; the staff is awesome, and they gave us a special dessert tray because of the occasion, as well as a card. The buffet was VERY exotic; I'm not sure I rose to the occasion, but I'm a fairly picky eater.
    The Crystal Palace at MK: Pooh and Friends! And the food is delicious, too. I had a great time eating here.
    50's Prime Time Cafe: themed ala carte; also a lot of fun, although I didn't care for the menu very well.
    Tony's Town Square (MK): Great Italian food, and more fun than Alfredo's in Epcot. And Dirk from Alton, IL is the best server ever!
    Honestly, I think good company is the best factor at mealtime. I also had fun eating burgers at Pinocchio's Village Haus in the MK. There's no accounting for taste.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

Our favorite restaurant on-property is the Brown Derby in MGM. The food there is fantastic! Other favorites are Boma and Artist's Point. For a less expensive alternative, the cafe in the Polynesian (name escapes me) is very good also.

• Been there-Doing it again

Teppanyaki on the second floor of the Japanese pavilion has great sushi. It also has one the best views of Epcot. It's quiet and small and the staff is excellent. It's a wonderful place to spend some time in especially on a hot day.

What?! You mean there are actually restaurants that DON'T feauture character dining. I thought they changed EVERY restaurant on property to a McDonald's playplace.
    Last edited by BurningStroller; 03-19-2005 at 09:30 AM.

• Official MC Thread Killer

Wow... so far no one has mentioned my favorite restaraunt... Whispering Canyon Cafe!!!

WCC is truly an amazing experience. The place is rowdy, fun, exciting and just spectacular all at the same time. Plus, the food ROCKS! The pulled pork was very very good

Also I'd recommend Cinderella's Royal Table along with O'hanas and Restaraunt Marrakesh (try the lamb in pastry with cocoa on it, it's awesome!).

Either way, you can't go wrong with WDW dining.

• Classic Animation

For a special treat go to Emeril's at USF complex. Exceptional!

There are 2 Emerils restaurants at USF....one at the Royal Pacific.

• Uber Disney freak! șOș

Just watned to pitch in and say that I'm with those who've recommended Victoria & Albert's and the California Grill. Did V&A originally on my honeymoon, and then DH & I ate at CA Grill last September.

Doing my first-ever solo trip in in 45 days and going abck to both - but hoping to talk a friend into dining at V&A with me so I don't ahve to go it alone there.

ALSO, effective the first Thursday in April, Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge has a special dining experience in their private dining room. multi-ourse meal with wine, and it's $130 per person, so not quite as expensive as V&A with wine pairings. It will only be offered the first Thursday of each month, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Labuda
    Just watned to pitch in and say that I'm with those who've recommended Victoria & Albert's and the California Grill. Did V&A originally on my honeymoon, and then DH & I ate at CA Grill last September.

Doing my first-ever solo trip in in 45 days and going abck to both - but hoping to talk a friend into dining at V&A with me so I don't ahve to go it alone there. .
    Getting hungry ... I guess I'll be dreaming of food when I head to bed.

BTW, Iggy, you have incredible taste in WDW dining. California Grill is superb everytime. It is one of the best resturants in Florida ... I'm tasting the tamarind BBQ filet right now!

I need to make some PS for April. One place I must go to is Cindy's for lunch since they are about to ruin the place by adding character meals twice a day.
    Again, shows you how WDW management is running the MK like it is only for the stroller brigade and their spawn.

• VBdad55
    California Grill is one of the best restaurants on the planet -- excellent food, great service --- high atop WDW--- book your last nights' dinner there during the wishes show and you just cannot go wrong !

Hey, VBDAD! I hope you aren't stalking me in a Princess costume and DVC tiara.

Seriously, nice to see you here. A lot of familiar faces are around. I feel much more free to speak my mind here than in that 'other Place.' Please stick around.

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-27-2005 at 08:41 PM.

• VBdad55
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Hey, VBDAD! I hope you aren't stalking me in a Princess costume and DVC tiara.

Seriously, nice to see you here. A lot of familiar faces are around. I feel much more free to speak my mind here than in that 'other Place.' Please stick around.

Great to see you here also...I am going to try and stick around -- I mean the other place is comfortable as an old shoe...but many of the discussions are getting repetitious--- and it does seem to be a much more open crowd here....and lots of familiar faces....Labuda / TDLfan / danyoung etc......I am getting use to the different format so that I can take full advantage of the formatting options here............................

Labuda told us you were here--- so I slipped into my tafita and tiara, with DVC wand and member only jacket....and decided to give this a try....

I jsut have to start a DVC issue to test the waters.......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast