Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Reaver of Souls

Specific WDW Resort Dining reccomendations?

Hello all. In preparation for my June trip my wife and I are taking to WDW in June, I thought I'd ask if anyone has dining reservations I should call and make. It'll just be me and my wife, and we'll want at least one really nice dining experience, and some fun ones. Where should we call and reserve? Any opinions?
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    California Grill at the Contemporary. I wanted to go there so bad on our trip but we never made it.

For fun we LOVED
    Liberty Tree Tavern in MK
    Sci Fi (burgers/chili/onion rings stick to basics! LOL)

The other two places I really wanted to hit but didn't make it to were
    Brown Derby-MGM
    Boma-Animal Kingdom
    Beaches & Cream-The Boardwalk

Go over to www.allearsnet.com and check out her menus section! She has all the menu's for every restaurant at WDW!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Here are my recommendations for a couple's special dinner together:

Big, big money, but absolutely unique and memorable: Victoria and Albert at Grand Floridian.

Big money but a great second choice that won't disappoint: California Grill at the Contemporary Resort.

Reasonable money: Jiko at The Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian

Citricos at Grand Floridian (Maybe pricier than I remember)

Bistro at EPCOT's France Pavilion

For everyday eating that has a special Disney spin that's fun and memorable:

Prime Time Cafe at Disney-MGM, Sci-Fi Drive In at Disney-MGM; Beaches 'n' Cream at the Beach Club Resort; O'Hana's at the Polynesian Resort; San Angel Inn restaurant at EPCOT's Mexico Pavilion; Norway's restaurant is surprisingly good.

Over-rated and not worth bothering:

King Stephen's Banquet Hall in Cinderella's Castle; Almost anywhere in MK, for that matter; Coral Reef at the Living Seas; Polynesian Luau at Polynesian Resort. Keep in mind that this is very subjective!
    Last edited by CMandImagineer; 03-14-2005 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Punctuation Error

• Vacation Club Member

We ate at Victoria & Albert's in 1993, bought a $100.00 bottle of wine (just had to do it once in my life) and the total bill for the two of us was $300.00. Can't imagine what it would be today, but it is the most elegant, intimate place I know of at WDW. Two recomendations... The California Grill at sunset, or San Angel Inn in Mexico by the water. Mexico is the best value for the dollar in the parks. Good atmosphere (you must ask for a table by the water when you check in and be willing to wait for it, usually 15-20 min. and you can shop in the plaza while you wait). California Grill at the Contemporary Resort is very tough to beat but you will spend more. The food is outstanding and the view at sunset is spectacular. Very Romantic. But then walking around the World Showcase with a glass of wine after a good meal is pretty tough to beat too. Better plan a couple of meals.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    California Grill at the Contemporary. Awesome wine list by the glass, great hardcore martinis. get the flatbreads.
    Sci Fi MGM or Prime time cafe
    Brown Derby-MGM
    Boma-Animal Kingdom
    Exactly.. flying fish at boardwark is a good sub for Cali grill..love the tinis and wine, they have good chops as well.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

The Brown Derby is in MGM, Dsnlndmom. Just thought I would tell you that.

I have to say that my fav place to eat is Ohana at the Polynesian. I love how you get alll you can eat! And they they bring HUGE skewers of meat out to you.
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyKyle
    The Brown Derby is in MGM, Dsnlndmom. Just thought I would tell you that.

I have to say that my fav place to eat is Ohana at the Polynesian. I love how you get alll you can eat! And they they bring HUGE skewers of meat out to you.
    Damn I knew that I swear :o WHy I posted that I have no idea!!

I have also heard great things about the restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco at Epcot.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

I have made reservations for there when I go in May. I heard that the lamb is wonderful, so I JUST have to taste it!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Let us know how it is BDK!!

My boys are really wanting to try Whispering Canyon next trip and the O'hana's.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

I really, really LOVE Ohana. Do you know anything about it, or would you all like me to explain?

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyKyle
    I really, really LOVE Ohana. Do you know anything about it, or would you all like me to explain?
    Please, do!
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

OK! Ohana is located on the second floor/monorail level of the Polynesian Resort! When tyou make your reservation there, they will ask if you want Breakfast or Dinner. The breakfast is Character Dining I believe. I would go to Chef Mickey's for that though. Anyways, When you sit down they will bring out a lazy susan full of vegtables and banana bread. The bread is REALLY GOOD. They also bring out some buffalo wings with some sort of honey sauce that are DA BOMB. Vegtables include green beans, rice, and a few others I can't remember. Next comes the HUGE skewers of meats! This is an all you can eat thing here so don't be shy! The different meats are peel & shrimp, turkey, steak, chicken, and I think one more, but those are the ones that I stuck to. The turkey and steak were my fav. And for desert, A slab of pinapple with an AWESOME caramel sauce. I hope this helps you out!

Ok, here's some food for thought (pun intended) from a big fella' that likes his WDW food (Although not so much recently...down 10 pounds! HOO YAH!):

1.) Liberty Tree Tavern (MK, across from Hall of Pres.) - This is one of the most overlooked restaraunts at Disney World, IMO. Not only that, but the food is consistantly delicious. The style is sit-down, traditional American dinner (and lunch...but reccommend dinner with the characters). They serve fresh roles, salad, macaroni and cheese "pie" (as we say in the south), mashed potatoes, green beans/collards, and a selection of cut meats: ham, turkey (best I've had), and roast beef/prime rib. It's all you can eat for one price of around 22 dollars (per person).

2.) House of Blues; Orlando (Downtown Disney Westside, next to Cirqe De Soli) - A great place for lunch or dinner. Serving many dishes with a southern-Mississippi flavor. Personal favorites include the Jumbalya, their appitizer pizza (not sure of actual name), fresh cornbread w/sweet butter, Creole Chicken sandwich, and beer boiled shrimp. Also, for those who love blues, many late nights (between 10:30 pm and 1:00 am) there is a local blues band showcase in the dining room with limited menu service (like the aforementioned pizza). I really reccommend it for music lovers and night owls. Call ahead to see if any band is scheduled for that night.

3.) California Grill (top of the Contemporary) - If more than one person reccommends it, it must be good! Has a great view of the Magic Kingdom, and they dim the lights when the fireworks start on many a night. Can't think of any food dishes names right of the top of my head but I do think that any of their chicken dishes are terrific, plus they have a great wine selection.

4.) Mama Melroses' Itallian Restaraunt (DisneyMGM, behind Muppets 3-D in corner) - One of, if not "the," best itallian restaruants at WDW (besides Alfredo's in Epcot). Usually not bad on wait times due to its almost hidden location. Great Spaghetti, manacatti (sp?), chicken parmasian, and salads. A fun fact: The restaraunt was supposed to be Gonzo's Pandamonium Pizza Kitchen (PPK) to tie in with the Muppet 3-D show. In fact, the whole area was going to be Muppets with a 2nd attaction where the current Pizza Planet and shops are. However, the original deal to buy the muppets fell through and Disney could only secure the rights to the 3D show. However, Disney finally bought the Muppets this past November/December (I believe). There have been talks of dusting of the plans for the restaraunt and actually going through with a re-design to pull in more guests. The original design had a more interactive dining experience, with the restaruant looking like an incomplete mess (think Muppet 3D pre-show) with pipes and vents everywhere, random water shooting out, and even Gonzo himself making noise as he chases Camillia through the air ducts over your head. Hope it happens now!

There you go...hope this helps. Need more? Just ask!

- Agent Xero
    Member of the 30+ visit club

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AgentXero
    California Grill (top of the Contemporary) - If more than one person reccommends it, it must be good! Has a great view of the Magic Kingdom, and they dim the lights when the fireworks start on many a night. Can't think of any food dishes names right of the top of my head but I do think that any of their chicken dishes are terrific, plus they have a great wine selection.
    Another thumbs up for the California Grill! Loved it, loved it, loved it! The menu is always changing to stay "Contemporary" and we will definitely go again. If you catch the fireworks from the rooftop, they will even time your course (or dessert ) and wait for you to return to your seat.

We also like to frequent Wolfgang Puck's Grand Cafe at Downtown Disney! The sushi bar there is supposed to be great (although I have never tried it). Below is a pic of a wonderful pumpkin spiced dessert we had there. It was soooo good, I had to take a picture! Hmmm, I am sensing a theme about myself all of a sudden! Desserts rock!

Aaron
    Last edited by buzz lightbeer; 03-16-2005 at 11:21 AM.

• Minion

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm Check out this site for specific menus.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast