New Disney Resort in America(HELP NEEDED

The Bases:
    For at least 9 months I have been thinking of a new Disney theme park destination here in the states. With the population growing, rising travel fees, poor economy, and many other reasons I wonder why Disney has not made a third USA park for those who can not go all the way to California or Florida . So I have taken it upon myself to create this third destination and I want insight from those here. what would work, what would not. Is it something Walt would love. I think that this third resort should be one that really celebrates Disney not show Disney. Parks that show imagineers full potential.

Blue Sky:
    I have always thought of this being a resort based in Louisiana, as I know it was a place Walt love, his first and last expansion to Disney Land was New Orleans square, so it seems fitting to put a third resort in Louisiana. Another reason is it generally has weather similar to WDW so if built right the resort will be fine in summer months and Disney has dealt with Hurricanes before and like I said before if built properly it will be fine. Louisiana is also rich with history and culture so Imagineers would flourish.
    Details:
    Three parks, ten resort, a water park, and DD district (Disney Quarter)

So I will add more and this is also a sneak peak at what will go on my blog next week! So please help me design Disney Resort Louisiana!
    Sam!

• Closed Account

Re: New Disney Resort in America(HELP NEEDED

Draw a line from Dallas to Houston to San Antonio to Austin back to Dallas - roughly, you have drawn a square. Draw an X in the middle of this square. There you go, X marks the best spot for a third Disney North American resort (which will never be built).

If they ever built another resort it would probably be closer to Ohio/Tennessee in order to capture all of the people from New England.

• Program

This is going to sound like I'm touting my own area's horn... but Niagara Falls (Canada or US side... doesn't matter. Canada would work better since Marineland is a dump) would be a fantastic seasonal park spot.

If Cedar Fair's seasonal park in the area (Canada's Wonderland) can set records year after year... I couldn't imagine what a Disney Park would do.

Canada? Your talking awful short seasons !Texas or La. sounds about right. Year around nice weather. Bad thing about Texas is the dust storms. Think what just one storm could do to the sensitive computerized attractions. Baton Rouge, its up high enough , away from the gulf, but close enough to existing tourist attractions to draw from. Just my opinion .

• Program

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    Canada? Your talking awful short seasons !Texas or La. sounds about right. Year around nice weather. Bad thing about Texas is the dust storms. Think what just one storm could do to the sensitive computerized attractions. Baton Rouge, its up high enough , away from the gulf, but close enough to existing tourist attractions to draw from. Just my opinion .
    As I said before... Cedar Fair's seasonal park in Canada is the highest grossing seasonal park in North America.
    Paramount's Canadas Wonderland | Canada

To do that with a "awful short season" is impressive.
    (and May - November isn't that short of a season anyway...)

Quote Originally Posted by mess98 View Post
    As I said before... Cedar Fair's seasonal park in Canada is the highest grossing seasonal park in North America.
    Paramount's Canadas Wonderland | Canada

To do that with a "awful short season" is impressive.
    (and May - November isn't that short of a season anyway...)
    For a Disney style theme park, its a short season. For just a park with a "carnival" atmosephere, Wonderland is perfect. Ive been there several times, and its a beautiful park. The attendance is huge, because its the best around that area, including when the CNE is open. If a Disney park moved in, Wonderlands attendance would be cut in half, or worse. In 2010, Wonderland got 3.38 million , ranked 14 in North America,which is impressive, but doesnt even compare to 16.9 million the Magic Kingdom gets... Theme Park Attendance BTW, it was just my opinion, i wasnt hacking on Canada, so no reason to get defensive. I visit Canada several times a year, i happen to love it up there. Sorry if my opinion offended you.

Thanks guys I my self am from Louisiana but have family and friends from Houston so as much as I would love to have one there. its just those drouts and sand storms its terrible also with water rides things could get messy. Also Baton Rouge is high enough from storms to the point that Orlando is and we mainly only get rain, The weather is great except in summer but all southern states are like that and like I said if anything they should build it high is the state about 45 to 30 minutes from Baton Rouge so about Lafayette area but not too far from BR.

Quote Originally Posted by awndrayuhh View Post
    If they ever built another resort it would probably be closer to Ohio/Tennessee in order to capture all of the people from New England.
    WDW's main market is already the Northeast Coast, which is home to the largest population of WDW visitors. Believe or not, its NOT the southwest states. So it is unlike Disney would move north. I think they are fine with two resort destinations. WDW is having a hard enough time keeping its market share as it is. Disney doesn't need to compete with itself, I would rather it reinvest in making WDW more bang for the buck like they have at the DLR over the past decade.

My idea would be to expand the Cars Land/Buena Vista Street concept to a complete Route 66 themed Disney park to be built somewhere along or near Historic Route 66 such as Tulsa, Oklahoma.

It would include a Chicago themed area with a re-creation of the 1933 Century of Progress Exposition, an Ozarks area, an expanded Cars Land with perhaps a Meteor Crater themed coaster representing the Southwest, and of course Hollywood Land/Buena Vista Street/Cathay Circle to represent L.A.

• Mr Test Track

It cant be up north because then they would have to close the park
    Trips to WDW / DLR

Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
    Beach Club - 3 times
    Boardwalk - 2 times
    Caribbean Beach - 1 time
    Grand Floridian - 1 time
    Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
    Pop Century - 3 times
    DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th

^ very true
    I think that Disney should definitely invest huge dollars into WDW, and I do not mean an expensive new land I mean DHS overhaul, DAK with fantasy, new countries at EPCOT and a literal FUTURE WORLD, and maybe a few new things in MK. Lastly maybe one new park and a new mini park in River country. Also a Downtown Disney update.

Sounds good to me.

I'd say Texas is completely improbable. Severe water restrictions would abound and weather would be at pass-out levels in the summer.

IMO Disney America is done. I doubt we'll ever see a third resort in the US personally.

It still would be a fun little imagination project to do online.