• Tour Ready

Site Balloons on Former Venetian Hotel Site

Sight Line/Height Baloons are up on the site of the once proposed Venetian Resort on the Seven Seas Lsgoon. Any idea what they might be for?

Re: Site Balloons on Former Venetian Hotel Site

That is the beginning of the latest DVC tower being built as an expansion of the Grand Floridian.
    WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DancinBelle View Post
    That is the beginning of the latest DVC tower being built as an expansion of the Grand Floridian.
    Considering that the DVC 'tower" for the Grand Floridian is already under construction and on the other side of the lagoon your response is incorrect. There were sight line and height balloons for two days this past week on the site that was to be the Venetian Hotel. This is on the land between the Contemporary and the TTC. The Venetian Resort was never built, however there is no indication that Disney is actually going to build a new resort here. Similar balloons were on the Polynesian property awhile back and nothing has yet come of it.

There's been a lot of talk and buzz about the Polynesian getting a DVC makeover and expansion. From what I hear there will be an announcement in mid 2013 as the DVC expansion at the Grand Floridian wraps up.

The Polynesian is a very popular resort and I could see a DVC expansion doing very well there. Plus the main building, the GCH, is in need of updating, along with the room decor throughout the entire resort.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyEddie View Post
    There's been a lot of talk and buzz about the Polynesian getting a DVC makeover and expansion. From what I hear there will be an announcement in mid 2013 as the DVC expansion at the Grand Floridian wraps up.

The Polynesian is a very popular resort and I could see a DVC expansion doing very well there. Plus the main building, the GCH, is in need of updating, along with the room decor throughout the entire resort.
    Yeah but there is the TTC between the Poly and this location.

As far as I understand the reason why a hotel has not been built here was because the ground wasn't suitable. But now with newer technology I am sure they can overcome the obstacles that prevented them from building before.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Yeah but there is the TTC between the Poly and this location.

As far as I understand the reason why a hotel has not been built here was because the ground wasn't suitable. But now with newer technology I am sure they can overcome the obstacles that prevented them from building before.

I know where the location is at and I still stand by my opinion that the Polynesian is going to getting huge DVC style make over. Maybe an Aulani style building and laid out complex is in the works and who of us here knows how big the project will be? Possibly a separate set of DVC buildings with it's own pool and restaurants is being planned for the site we're talking about.

The Polynesian is a classic WDW resort and very popular, but very dated in someways and in need of some updating. Disney knows a Polynesian DVC would rake in the cash and I think the later part of 2013 is going to be bringing some big surprises, especially after the Grand Floridian DVC expansion is done.

Venetian Resort? Don't you mean Asian Resort?
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Disco Yeti

No, I believe they're correct in referring to the Venetian. Disney's Venetian Resort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Grand Floridian sits where the Asian resort would have been: Disney's Asian Resort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia