• Musical Fireman

Movies in the Town Square Theater?

I'm still lamenting on the loss of the Main Street Cinema to marketing. I mean it was such a small space surely they could have let it live? Anyway I have this idea for the Town Square Theater.

TURN IT INTO A WHOLE SHOP TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay seriously, what of they convert some of the space that is not used for meet-n-greets or at least the ones that are no longer going to be used into a new theater for silent movies. Think of this while the little kids are meeting the characters, those who do not want to (personally I think there very few) can sit in a nice air conditioned space and have a laugh with Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin and even Fatty Arbuckle and the Keystone Cops or for those more serious "The Perils of Pauline" and "The Phantom of the Opera". The space can have a player organ set up with speakers all around just like how the old movie organs had their pipes set up.

Well I just thought I post the idea and I would love to hear others opinions.

See ya walkin' down ol' Main Street.

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Minion

Re: Movies in the Town Square Theater?

I've been wondering what they're going to do with the second theater once the Princesses move out.

Expanding on your idea - the company seems to be obsessed lately with changing the queue experience. I wonder how it would work if you went in, took a number, and then waited in the other theater watching silent and cartoon shorts until it was called. They could even put the "Now Serving" number on a ticker in the corner of the movie screen.

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    I've been wondering what they're going to do with the second theater once the Princesses move out.

Expanding on your idea - the company seems to be obsessed lately with changing the queue experience. I wonder how it would work if you went in, took a number, and then waited in the other theater watching silent and cartoon shorts until it was called. They could even put the "Now Serving" number on a ticker in the corner of the movie screen.
    That could work. Even if you do want to meet the characters you can have the option of staying. I just had the idea of a ticket booth like the one that used to be at the cinema a CM would have a series of short shifts and be the ticket person in front of the building printing and handing out fast passes.

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

They used to play cartoon shorts in one of the theaters before the gutted it and made it meet n greets. The Band Concert, Steamboat Willie, etc. I think it became a DVC sales pitch somewhere in the middle. It was a great hidden event perfect for a hot afternoon.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post

Then offer said shorts for sale at the gift shop!