• Say Cheese!

First Time At Disney World!

Kinda last minute with this request, as I don't have time to flip through the forum for answers.

I'm visiting Disney World (Just the main park) for the first time in two days and I need to know the easiest way in and out of the park. Are there separate parking places like Disneyland? Or one big one? I want convenience and speed. I'm renting a car. I figured I just follow the signs, but want to make sure where I'm going is the best place to park. Closest. Fastest. Convenient.

For me, Mickey & Friends at Disneyland is the most convenient for me. I hate parking anywhere else, so I would just like the best place.

If you can give specific directions on where to park. I'll be coming south on HWY 4.

Thank you!

Re: First Time At Disney World!

Every park has one main parking lot. No matter where you drive into the resort, signs will eventually lead you to these lots. For the Magic Kingdom, once you park in the lot, you can either board a parking tram to get to the TTC or walk to the TTC, depending on how close you're able to park. At the TTC, you have the choice to ride the monorail to front entrance or take the ferry. The monorail is usually much quicker simply because it does not take as long a time to load and unload, but if you arrive at the TTC and the ferry is just about to take off, you might be better off taking the ferry. The travel time with the monorail and the ferry is almost identical.

If you want to avoid all the hassle with the TTC, especially because you're not used to it, I sometimes find it easier to park at the Contemporary Resort and walk to the front entrance of the Magic Kingdom. Once you drive onto the resort, follow the signs to Magic Kingdom area resorts and then the signs for Contemporary. At the gate to the resort, I usually just tell the guard that I'm visiting for the day and have no problem. Once you're able to park, locate the walkway to the Magic Kingdom (there should be signs, but if not, it's to the left of the building), and it's about a 5 minute walk.

At Epcot and Hollywood Studios, it is usually not necessary to take a parking tram once you've arrived. If you arrive at the park around opening time, you should be able to walk to the entrance in about the same amount of time it would take to wait for a tram and ride.

At Animal Kingdom, it is almost always necessary to take a parking tram once you've arrived.

Keep in mind that at the end of the day, lines for the parking trams tend to get very long. Even if you rode the tram at the beginning of the day, you may be better off walking at night when you're leaving.

Here's a link to information about getting from park to park once you've arrived. Have a great time!
    WDW Transportation

• Say Cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Meg View Post
    Every park has one main parking lot. No matter where you drive into the resort, signs will eventually lead you to these lots. For the Magic Kingdom, once you park in the lot, you can either board a parking tram to get to the TTC or walk to the TTC, depending on how close you're able to park. At the TTC, you have the choice to ride the monorail to front entrance or take the ferry. The monorail is usually much quicker simply because it does not take as long a time to load and unload, but if you arrive at the TTC and the ferry is just about to take off, you might be better off taking the ferry. The travel time with the monorail and the ferry is almost identical.

If you want to avoid all the hassle with the TTC, especially because you're not used to it, I sometimes find it easier to park at the Contemporary Resort and walk to the front entrance of the Magic Kingdom. Once you drive onto the resort, follow the signs to Magic Kingdom area resorts and then the signs for Contemporary. At the gate to the resort, I usually just tell the guard that I'm visiting for the day and have no problem. Once you're able to park, locate the walkway to the Magic Kingdom (there should be signs, but if not, it's to the left of the building), and it's about a 5 minute walk.

At Epcot and Hollywood Studios, it is usually not necessary to take a parking tram once you've arrived. If you arrive at the park around opening time, you should be able to walk to the entrance in about the same amount of time it would take to wait for a tram and ride.

At Animal Kingdom, it is almost always necessary to take a parking tram once you've arrived.

Keep in mind that at the end of the day, lines for the parking trams tend to get very long. Even if you rode the tram at the beginning of the day, you may be better off walking at night when you're leaving.

Here's a link to information about getting from park to park once you've arrived. Have a great time!
    WDW Transportation
    Thank you! Perfect. I'll try the Contemporary Resort.

• Inappropriate

Wait, I thought to park at the Contemporary, you need a reason to be at the Contemporary. It would suck for DizneyPhotoGuy to get turned away at the hotel gate.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Nerd.

You won't be able to park at Contemporary unless you are a resort guest or have a dining reservation to eat at a resort restaurant.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Not worth the risk. Just park in the TTC and take the monorail.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

I agree the guards have gotten really strict with the parking along the monorail loop...They called and made our sure of our reservations for O'Hana at the Polynesian resort and YES THEY HAD A LIST OF THE RESERVATIONS!!!

Your better off just chocking up the bucks to park at the TTC, to avoid the hassles with the guards and all that..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

And since we're dealing with a WDW newbie, it should be stated that the TTC is the Transportation and Ticket Center. Your parking lot tram will take you to the TTC, and from there you have your choice of a monorail or a ferry to take you around or across the Seven Seas Lagoon and right to the main gate of the Magic Kingdom. I recommend taking the Express Monorail, which will take you through the Contemporary Resort - a very cool way to approach the Magic Kingdom!

Oh wow, I've never had that experience. But definitely better safe than sorry- better stick to the TTC.

• Say Cheese!

Well, turns out the weather was absolutely horrendous. So I did not want my first trip to WDW to be a miserable one, so I passed. I was *this* close to going. Got in my car, headed over there, but it starting to rain. Along with lightning and thunder. So, I decided not to go. Thanks, anyways!