Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Musical Fireman

Sad Is WDW out of room?

To me this is the most inevitable question of any WDW fan. Alas I will ask it,

When WDW was announced Walt said it was twice the size of Manhattan now seeing it the place is HUGE!!!! Now with the four theme parks all of the resorts on property and including Downtown Disney has WDW used up most of its room? Can they expand on more ideas or is there not enough room?

Thanks

See ya walkin' down ol' Main Street USA.

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Bangarang!

Re: Is WDW out of room?

There is plenty of room available for use, its just a question of whether its viable to actually use it.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

1/3 of the property is dedicated to conservation. Not sure how much of it is developed, but I know there is still plenty of room.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Musical Fireman

Woot that's a relief.

Thanks, glad to see there is still "Rooms for more dreams than we can possibly imagine".
    Walt Disney 1966.

See ya walkin' down ol' Main Street.

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

There's plenty of room but with current management, they need more passion and creativity.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^ This. Totally.

Yes, there is room to expand but they need to take care of the problems they already have before considering anything else.... just like DCA.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Jim Hill mentioned previously on Magical Defintion that Disney considers that there is room for 3 more Main parks at the resort, but that the Resort is currently complete as far as number of Themeparks as they don't believe they can increase the number of days an average family is willing to spend at a Disney Resort for a vacation. If you trust that source there is an answer.

That makes sense. Thanks!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Seasick

It wouldn't shock me if they added a fifth park instead of adding much needed capacity to the existing parks (Disney Studios in particular).

Many people still think Walt Disney World's four parks means there are double the attractions that the Disneyland Resorts' two theme parks hold.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    There's plenty of room but with current management, they need more passion and creativity.
    Yes. This.

About 1/3 of the property is developed. 1/3 is set aside for conservation, and 1/3 is open for future development. So there's theoretically enough room for WDW to nearly double its current size.

Quote Originally Posted by Homan View Post
    Jim Hill mentioned previously on Magical Defintion that Disney considers that there is room for 3 more Main parks at the resort, but that the Resort is currently complete as far as number of Themeparks as they don't believe they can increase the number of days an average family is willing to spend at a Disney Resort for a vacation. If you trust that source there is an answer.
    Generally Jim Hill is not to be trusted but I think in this case he's correct. EPCOT Center and MGM Studios both increased the amount of time guests stayed at WDW on average. DAK didn't, which is why there are currently no plans to add any additional parks, and likely won't be for a very long time.

Personally, I think all four parks need more attractions before they even consider adding another park. DHS isn't a full day park, and DAK wouldn't be either if it didn't have super-short hours. Even MK, which has the most attractions out of the four, pales in comparison to DL, and FLE is only a net gain of one attraction. WDW just needs more attractions in its existing parks.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

WDW is close to being full... here is a map i drew

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...81902,0.362892

Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• враг народа

Blog Entries

One problem that has not been raised in the willingness over the years of the Company to sell off pieces of Walt Disney World. The property is not only still being developed it is also being shrunk. Shades of Green, Celebration, the Four Seasons and Golden Oaks, and even sales to general developers will all eventually add up to something more than their constituent parts. "Shrinking by Degrees" if you would.

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    One problem that has not been raised in the willingness over the years of the Company to sell off pieces of Walt Disney World. The property is not only still being developed it is also being shrunk. Shades of Green, Celebration, the Four Seasons and Golden Oaks, and even sales to general developers will all eventually add up to something more than their constituent parts. "Shrinking by Degrees" if you would.
    Truth. I don't have a problem with Shades of Green (it's really just a Disney resort that changed hands on a lease-based agreement), and Celebration is in some very small ways an echo of EPCOT, but I don't like the general trend of outsourcing. Golden Oaks, in particular, is built upon principles that are antithetical to the goals of EPCOT.

I don't think selling off parcels of land is what Walt had in mind when he said, "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine."
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    Personally, I think all four parks need more attractions before they even consider adding another park. DHS isn't a full day park, and DAK wouldn't be either if it didn't have super-short hours. Even MK, which has the most attractions out of the four, pales in comparison to DL, and FLE is only a net gain of one attraction. WDW just needs more attractions in its existing parks.

Definitely agree with this statement. I have absolutely no desire to return to WDW in its current state. Even with a new Fantasyland, I feel as if I've already done half of it already at California Adventure. No doubts it will be awesome but it just isn't enough.

Walt Disney has said that in florida, they can build everything they can possibly imagine. Well... I'm looking over at Tokyo and they're doing a lot better in the imagination department. I'm going to spend my money over there.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast