View Poll Results: Do you want the WoL dome...

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Taken down for good

2 11.76%
  • Kept there

3 17.65%
  • Taken down and replaced with something else

12 70.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mr Test Track

Wonders of Life Pavilion

So everyone knows that the WoL pavilion is still there and being used for no useful thing (besides the festivals). who here thinks they should tear it down and replace it with another one with a better dome?

• Insomniac

Re: Wonders of Life Pavilion

Rip it down and don't replace it with a movie tied in pavilion...
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• I am not a Krusty Krab

put an alien pavilion there

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• All-American

The dome is far from the most impressive piece of architecture in Future World (in fact, I would say it comes dead last among the major pavilions). Its subtlety and distance from the main path was also likely responsible for the attraction's demise. So no, I wouldn't mind seeing a replacement pavilion.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

I think that leaving it in it's current state in an ACTIVE park is pretty disgraceful, they should at the very least tear it down...

THEN replace it with something worthwhile..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

I'd go the opposite way -- clearly, the space is fully functional and useful, because they use it all the time. The "one-pavilion-many-attractions" concept was great, and Cranium Command is sorely missed. Plus, Disney recently (allegedly) re-committed itself to healthy living. I say, spend $75 million to restore the pavilion ASAP, bring it a "health" theme (not the more generic "life"), and prove to people that Disney has still "got it" when it comes to doing Epcot right. The $75 million won't cover the cost of a Body Wars replacement, so announce the re-opening of the pavilion with a new film where Martin Short used to be, healthy dining options, a revamped Cranium Command with Buzzy now leading a now-adult Bobby (with kids of his own) who can't eat in a healthy way or balance his life correctly, and then ... announce a new replacement for Body Wars coming in 2015 or so.

This way, Disney could prove its commitment to Epcot (which it CLAIMS), add something MUCH-needed to Future World East, and make both core fans AND casual visitors happy with a new, highly promotable attraction -- one that ISN'T a thrill ride or coaster, which Disney can market as showing that THEY do something absolutely no one else can or dares.

• WDW will always be home.

In an ideal world, they'd create a whole new pavilion as the aesthetics for Wonders Of Life haven't aged as gracefully as the rest of Epcot. In the real world, EC82 has a great 80% solution that seems to tie in with the current TWDC strategy of trying to position itself as a company that cares about your children's health.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• formerly very helpful

I'd love for them to reopen Wonders of Life as it was, which I know they won't do. That said, put a new pavilion there. If not focused on life/health, then focused on SOMETHING worthy of classic Epcot attention, and done with classic Epcot quality and creativity.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

put a tron ride there:
    a TRON Lightcycle rollercoaster (indoors)
    a motion similator going through the world of TRON (using Body Wars similator)
    Flynn's Arcade
    End of the Line Club
    a nightly dance area similar to ElecTRONica

there you go

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    put a tron ride there:
    a TRON Lightcycle rollercoaster (indoors)
    a motion similator going through the world of TRON (using Body Wars similator)
    Flynn's Arcade
    End of the Line Club
    a nightly dance area similar to ElecTRONica

there you go
    All of those would be awesome and I'd love to see them happen. None of them belong in Epcot (original cross-promotion and plans for TRON arcade as part of Communicore notwithstanding ).
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    All of those would be awesome and I'd love to see them happen. None of them belong in Epcot (original cross-promotion and plans for TRON arcade as part of Communicore notwithstanding ).
    i meant the tron arcade from ElecTRONica. look at pics and you'll see. and thanks

i meant the tron arcade from ElecTRONica. look at pics and you'll see. and thanks
    I'm familiar with it. I actually love ElecTRONica and wish we had something like it on the East Coast. I was sad to see it replaced by the Mad T Party. That said, if WDW is going to get something like ElecTRONica, it should go in DHS or maybe Tomorrowland (even that's pushing it), but not Epcot Future World.
    -Walt Disney

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    I'm familiar with it. I actually love ElecTRONica and wish we had something like it on the East Coast. I was sad to see it replaced by the Mad T Party. That said, if WDW is going to get something like ElecTRONica, it should go in DHS or maybe Tomorrowland (even that's pushing it), but not Epcot Future World.
    but Mad T Party in my opinion in SO awesome!!!!!!! Tomorrowland in WDW can get TLT like Disneyland's, DHS can get a Glow Fest and EPCOT could get ElecTRONica. every park should have a night time thing

but Mad T Party in my opinion in SO awesome!!!!!!! Tomorrowland in WDW can get TLT like Disneyland's, DHS can get a Glow Fest and EPCOT could get ElecTRONica. every park should have a night time thing
    Well I haven't seen Mad T Party, but I was just sad to see ElecTRONica go.

In any case, the reason ElecTRONica doesn't belong where WoL used to be is because Epcot's Future World is about the plausible future, not science fiction franchises. In addition, Epcot always closes at 9pm (except for EMH and December), and as far as I can remember always has. And even before 9, most of Future World closes at 7pm because they're trying to encourage people to move towards World Showcase in time for Illuminations. Epcot is just not a park for dance parties for a whole host of reasons. (And if there absolutely had to be a dance party in Epcot, a dance party focused on a particular country/culture in World Showcase would be a much better fit.)

Anyway, this has kind of gotten so we should probably return the thread to its regularly scheduled program
    -Walt Disney

Well with Pixar talking about a new film about the human brain, maybe we can jam more Pixar into Epcot!!

Seriously though, this was one of my favorite places as a kid, and Body Wars was one of my all-time favorites. With the amount that Disney is advertising their health initiatives, they need to give it a bigger presence than a troubled Innoventions area that didn't fit well. Bring back WoL!!
    WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast