Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Doesn't RSR in DCA seem to fit better in WDW than the DLR ?

You're just JEALOUS! :P

In all seriousness, where would you put Carsland in WvW? I assume Disney Hollywood Studios.
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    an attraction this big would fit better in WDW or does The DLR deserve it's own unique attraction what do you think?
    Under what criteria do you think so. Big? Maybe, but it already has Everest Expedition.

RSR is uniquely California with Route 66. I don't see how RSR fits unless they extend the Hollywood theming beyond the Studios theme. However, I think they are better off doing Star Wars Land.

• Minion

WDW doesn't need RSR. They need to focus on coming up with a fresh idea for the parks.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    WDW doesn't need RSR. They need to focus on coming up with a fresh idea for the parks.

Many others have said this but it needs to be repeated. Walt Disney pitched Florida as the place where they can build ANYthing they can imagine. Well, CARS was imagined up in CA. That means WDW should do something even better next.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    Eh... I don't know about that one. Indiana Jones Adventure is extremely popular at Disneyland (and rightfully so, IMHO), yet it hasn't been brought to WDW. Why? Too expensive. The same thing applies to Carsland.
    No-WDW-IJA does not imply no-WDW-Carsland. IJA and CL are different animals. The Indiana Jones franchise is licensed by Disney, whereas Cars is owned lock, stock and radiator by Disney. Carsland/Cars synergy-derived cash streams go straight into Disney's pocket. Indiana Jones brings 'em into the park, but somebody else gets the ancillary gravy. (Not to mention that for the not-inconsiderable egos of Bob & Tom, IJA has Eisner all over it.)

Given the humongous merch numbers on Cars, its desirable demographic, and the fact that Carsland's R&D is essentially bought & paid for, cloning it for WDW is a no-brainer for the sharp pencil boys.

All assuming, of course, that the DCA Carsland is a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    Different parks/resorts should have different attractions.
    Couldn't agree more. I think cloning and the whole One Disney/Disney Parks mindset suck. But Disney loves it. It fits their philosophy that "if something makes money, cloning it will make twice as much money with no R&D cost."
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-12-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Musical Fireman

First thing that came to my mind was the sheer scale of RSR there isn't much space in Fantasyland especially with the expansion. Secondly RSR fits perfectly into DCA since it is not just about Cars but it is also about the nostaglia of Route 66 the signs,the scenery, music everything. It would be hard to get a satisfactory attraction with the space.

See ya walkin' down the middle of Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

I still believe that the company wouldn't commit an expansion the size of Carsland in a resort where there's no clear place to put it, and where they've already committed large numbers for the Avatarland - coming from an administration that despises spending money on anything.
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    No-WDW-IJA does not imply no-WDW-Carsland. IJA and CL are different animals. The Indiana Jones franchise is licensed by Disney, whereas Cars is owned lock, stock and radiator by Disney. Carsland/Cars synergy-derived cash streams go straight into Disney's pocket. Indiana Jones brings 'em into the park, but somebody else gets the ancillary gravy. (Not to mention that for the not-inconsiderable egos of Bob & Tom, IJA has Eisner all over it.)

Given the humongous merch numbers on Cars, its desirable demographic, and the fact that Carsland's R&D is essentially bought & paid for, cloning it for WDW is a no-brainer for the sharp pencil boys.

All assuming, of course, that the DCA Carsland is a hit.
    This is a compelling argument. Still, I would be a little surprised to see TDO drop that kind of cash. We'll see, I guess.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

My feeling is Carsland is an exceptional case to rescue a failed theme park. There is no such crisis for the other minor parks in WDW, but perhaps Animal Kingdom could be in a similar situation when they announced Avatar and they finished Everest Expedition many years ago.

Lets wait and see what happens. Carsland is a long time away from reality in other theme parks.

I thought the new trend was: DL for boys, and WDW for girls

• Team Hail HYDRA

^why does it seem that way

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude76 View Post
    I thought the new trend was: DL for boys, and WDW for girls
    But, but, but... They renamed the WDW carousel!! Didn't you know it's "Prince Charming Regal Carousel?!" And they came up with a story... that involves jousting! Now all the boys will want to ride it! Surely this shows TDO's dedication to the male demographic!

(For serious though, I'm not sure either resort is necessarily skewed one way more than another. They both tend to pile on the princesses and pirates - and cars - a little too much.)
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Well... I'm a boy and I like my RIDES...and DLR is where I can pack the most punch in a shorter amount of time with less walking.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Well... I'm a boy and I like my RIDES...and DLR is where I can pack the most punch in a shorter amount of time with less walking.
    Quoted for truth!!
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

I think it would be a great addition to DHS - if they built in where the studio tour is you could add in catastrophe canyon for some additional fun!

Seriously though I think a route 66 area would be agreat addition to DHs which is just as much in need of a makeover as DCA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12