Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Doesn't RSR in DCA seem to fit better in WDW than the DLR ?

an attraction this big would fit better in WDW or does The DLR deserve it's own unique attraction what do you think?

• Senior Minion

Re: Doesn't RSR in DCA seem to fit better in WDW than the DLR ?

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    an attraction this big would fit better in WDW or does The DLR deserve it's own unique attraction what do you think?
    Unique? Today's One Disney™ doesn't do unique. If Carsland is a hit at DCA, you can bet it will be cloned for WDW.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pard,

The Western scenery is what strikes me as somethin' mighty special. I wonder what the fellers in imagineerin' could do these days if they was turned loose on the ol' Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland idea? And...well...just imagine what they could do with Marc Davis' idea for a Western River Expedition! With Radiator Springs they've done somethin' downright amazin' with landscapin' and, yes,
    one does wonder what they could do if they had a little elbow room to spread out a bit.

I'd like to see 'em turned loose in Frontierland...to bring back that ol' gentle Mile Train that everyone could ride no matter how tall or how old they was...maybe bring back those stagecoaches and covered wagons and mule trains from days gone by...and, yessir, I believe they could do wonders with that Western River Expedition....

But I think this Radiator Springs is gonna do exactly what Disney hoped it would do for California Adventure. It's gonna be bringin' in tons and tons of dollars as rich folks come from miles and miles around to see it. And us poor folks are gonna be enjoyin' the pictures and videos and such we're seein' on this here site and you tube. We may not be able to afford a visit anymore, so, for all you folks who can, I wanna say a special thank you for sharin' those pictures and videos and such with us. It's mighty kind...mighty nice of ya to do that.

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Ol' Dan View Post
    Howdy Pard,

The Western scenery is what strikes me as somethin' mighty special. I wonder what the fellers in imagineerin' could do these days if they was turned loose on the ol' Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland idea? And...well...just imagine what they could do with Marc Davis' idea for a Western River Expedition! With Radiator Springs they've done somethin' downright amazin' with landscapin' and, yes,
    one does wonder what they could do if they had a little elbow room to spread out a bit.

I'd like to see 'em turned loose in Frontierland...to bring back that ol' gentle Mile Train that everyone could ride no matter how tall or how old they was...maybe bring back those stagecoaches and covered wagons and mule trains from days gone by...and, yessir, I believe they could do wonders with that Western River Expedition....

But I think this Radiator Springs is gonna do exactly what Disney hoped it would do for California Adventure. It's gonna be bringin' in tons and tons of dollars as rich folks come from miles and miles around to see it. And us poor folks are gonna be enjoyin' the pictures and videos and such we're seein' on this here site and you tube. We may not be able to afford a visit anymore, so, for all you folks who can, I wanna say a special thank you for sharin' those pictures and videos and such with us. It's mighty kind...mighty nice of ya to do that.

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    This has got to be the best post ever.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Unique? Today's One Disney™ doesn't do unique. If Carsland is a hit at DCA, you can bet it will be cloned for WDW.
    Eh... I don't know about that one. Indiana Jones Adventure is extremely popular at Disneyland (and rightfully so, IMHO), yet it hasn't been brought to WDW. Why? Too expensive. The same thing applies to Carsland.

I seriously doubt that TDO would pony up the cash to bring Carsland to WDW, and despite being primarily a WDW guy, I'm kinda happy about that. Different parks/resorts should have different attractions.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

•   
    • MaliBOOMer

[ Insert Title Here] ;)

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    Eh... I don't know about that one. Indiana Jones Adventure is extremely popular at Disneyland (and rightfully so, IMHO), yet it hasn't been brought to WDW. Why? Too expensive. The same thing applies to Carsland.

I seriously doubt that TDO would pony up the cash to bring Carsland to WDW, and despite being primarily a WDW guy, I'm kinda happy about that. Different parks/resorts should have different attractions.
    Dinosaur is an identical track layout of Indiana Jones, I wouldn't be surprised if their costs were similar. So in a way they did try to. However Indiana Jones is far superior. But I think they would have brought over Indiana Jones if there was no Dinosaur.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

Re: [ Insert Title Here] ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Dinosaur is an identical track layout of Indiana Jones, I wouldn't be surprised if their costs were similar. So in a way they did try to. However Indiana Jones is far superior. But I think they would have brought over Indiana Jones if there was no Dinosaur.
    Dinosaur is much cheaper:
    • all the R&D (BIG $$$) is already paid for
    • no elaborate, winding, heavily themed queue
    • extremely dark "show scenes" with hardly anything in them as opposed to extremely expansive and detailed show scenes

If Dinosaur is equivalent to Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye, then Test Track is equivalent to Radiator Springs Racers (in which case CarsLand is already here!).
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Timelord

• extremely dark "show scenes" with hardly anything in them as opposed to extremely expansive and detailed show scenes

If Dinosaur is equivalent to Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye, then Test Track is equivalent to Radiator Springs Racers (in which case CarsLand is already here!).
    WDW is also getting a new Test Track, so they'd probably also see that as a reason to not have such a similar ride in RSR. (The TRON themed Test Track could be pretty epic...)

Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    WDW is also getting a new Test Track, so they'd probably also see that as a reason to not have such a similar ride in RSR. (The TRON themed Test Track could be pretty epic...)
    I'm really looking forward to seeing what it turns out being, but with what little information we've seen, and the know TDO unwillingness to spend money..... I hope I won't be disappointed with what they come up with.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post

DCA has needed a great stand alone attraction since 2001 and RSR is it. This ride would have done fine at WDW but which park?

RSR will be INCREDIBLY popular but that doesn't mean it will be cloned elsewhere. I think the Imagineers had planned it to be a stand alone and unique in the states in order to make DCA a stand out destination.

There's so many other things that WDW should be doing.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• враг народа

Blog Entries

My understanding is that Countdown to Extinction was a better attraction, with more effects, than Dinosaur.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    My understanding is that Countdown to Extinction was a better attraction, with more effects, than Dinosaur.

I believe it's the same attraction but WDW's maintenance has allowed the eventual 'Dinosaur' to slip into decay.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

The only place Carsland could fit in Disneyworld is over at Disney Hollywood Studios they could make it an extension of pixar place but again thats a stretch. Carsland should be a unique attraction for California adventure or at least have a good five year head start.

Even though RSR and TT are themed differently the general concepts are close enough that the money it would cost to build a version of RSR at WDW would likely be better invested in a completely different type of ride.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I believe it's the same attraction but WDW's maintenance has allowed the eventual 'Dinosaur' to slip into decay.
    Coheteboy is correct. CTEx was rebranded to Dinosaur upon the release of the Dinosaur film in 2000, but even when the attraction was brand new and all the effects worked (and I was fortunate enough to experience it just before the park's grand opening), it was a little underwhelming and seriously lacking in the depth of its show scenes (especially when compared to the Indiana Jones Adventure). IJA has fully developed set pieces and show scenes that look gorgeous. Since day 1, CTEx/Dinosaur has been infamous for the decision to cheap out and make it night-time so that they could just paint the walls black and/or throw up black curtains everywhere.
    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast