Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Staying at Pop Century

Mama Melrose's at DHS is a great spot...ate there twice in May!

Loved Via Napoli at Epcot.

On the run...try the Sunshine Seasons at the Land...great choices and you get it yourself. No tipping required!

Always ate at Tusker House at DAK, but since it's been a character deal, don't know but someone out there may have opinions of it. It always had great chicken roasted right in front of you.

Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge is fun...Artists Point, also at WL is awesome, but with that comes bigger prices.

Love the Lobster Bisque at Coral Reef at the Seas.

My two cents....Have a great time!
    WDW-'73,'76,'77,'78,'79,'80,'81,'82,'86,'91,'95,'96,'9 7,'99,'00,'01,'02,'03,'05,'06,'07,
    Jan'08,Feb'08,Sept'09,Feb'10,Apr'10,Sept'10,Jan'11 ,Apr'11,May'11,Sept'11,Dec'11,Mar'12,May'12,Sept/Oct'12,Nov'12
    DL-
    '79,'81,'84,'91,'05,'07,'10

When you're at the Pop Century, try the tie-dye cheesecake! As for the food court, and coming from a person who primarily stays at the value resorts because of monetary issues with my family...prices are totally inflated but it shouldn't be surprising. However, the breakfast they serve there is pretty good in my opinion.
    As for restaurants around the parks, I loved Restaurant Marrekesh at Epcot!

• Johnny and Me!

I enjoyed the 50s Prime Time Cafe. The menu consists of all sorts of comfort food, but be sure to eat your vegetables! The CMs are also "in character" and can be pretty entertaining. The dining rooms are cozy and a bit loud, but that's really the only drawback.

I completely agree with HS: 50's Prime Time (great comfort food) and Sci-Fi Drive In (unique experience with normal foods...hot dog, burgers, chicken). I also really like the food court on Hollywood Blvd. leading to TOT & RNRC (great variety with counter service prices...except for the birds).

At EPCOT, San Angel Inn is overrated (you can see the atmosphere when you go in for the boat ride & can get the food outside that is just as good and 1/3 the price. Coral Reef was AMAZING last time I at there, even thought that was a few years ago. I felt a little guilty ordering seafood while surrounded by sea creatures, but as soon as the food arrived my guilt was quickly overrun by gluttony...and the guilt dissappeared...until a shark stared me down. The Sunshine Seasons at the Land are also a great counter service option, different and healthy!

At MK, check out Columbia House if you like fish or chicken, it's right across from Haunted Mansion & seems to usually be fairly kid free. I also really liked Plaza Inn, table service at close to counter service prices, but it was SO air-conditioned that it was uncomfortable.

At AK, try Flame Tree BBQ.

While at Pop Century, be sure to purchase the refillable mug...it's about $12 and can be refilled for free throughout your trip. As well check out the frozen concoctions at the pool bar & order 1 of each.

Have a great trip!!

• Minion

Thanks everyone! These are all great suggestions!
    Jeff Wayne

• Indiana Scott

One place that I see very few people bring up is Dining Japan. They have the most fantastic Seafood Tempura I have ever had, a gorgous Sushi bar and the views (if you sit at the corner window above the Door) of the Japanese garden and all of EPCOT are extraordinary.
    Get an early reservation so you can get the best tables.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12