Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Musical Fireman

"Let the Memories Begin" banners removal

Seriously how long have they had those banners out in front of Main Street Station. I tried to ignore it and look at the Mickey floral but gosh that thing is just so gawdy. Not only is it obstructing some beautiful floral arrangements (yes I like horticulture art) it obstructs the famous plaque that sets the whole mood of the Magic Kingdom.

Really its been there for how long. Two years? When are they going to remove it?

See ya walkin' right down the middle of ol' Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• WDW will always be home.

Re: "Let the Memories Begin" banners removal

I misread the subject of this thread as "'Let the Memories Begin' banners removed" and thought they were gone. Now I see you were just asking a question...

Bummer.

---------- Post added 06-20-2012 at 03:46 PM ----------

To take a stab at answering your question though, they'll probably be removed when TDO comes up with the next meaningless year-long (which in reality means 2+ years) promotion, at which point the banners will be replaced by different ugly, gaudy banners.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Musical Fireman

To take a stab at answering your question though, they'll probably be removed when TDO comes up with the next meaningless year-long (which in reality means 2+ years) promotion, at which point the banners will be replaced by different ugly, gaudy banners.[/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth Well I guess it could have been worse like the 100 years of Magic with the Sorcerer Hat in front of the Chinese Theater. Or even more worse I looked at the Neverland Files and it said that TDA was planning on a huge welcome for the Muppets in the 90's that featured a Kermit Floral, "Miss Piggy Pink" Fantasyland and a "Green Matterhorn" and who knows how long it would have lasted?

"THAT'S R

Quote Originally Posted by SparkChaser View Post

To take a stab at answering your question though, they'll probably be removed when TDO comes up with the next meaningless year-long (which in reality means 2+ years) promotion, at which point the banners will be replaced by different ugly, gaudy banners.

Ain't that the truth Well I guess it could have been worse like the 100 years of Magic with the Sorcerer Hat in front of the Chinese Theater. Or even more worse I looked at the Neverland Files and it said that TDA was planning on a huge welcome for the Muppets in the 90's that featured a Kermit Floral, "Miss Piggy Pink" Fantasyland and a "Green Matterhorn" and who knows how long it would have lasted?[/QUOTE]

As long as that stupid wand at EPCOT.

Well, seeing as Move It Shake It Celebrate It is still performing multiple times a day, and that's left over from the What Will You Celebrate? theme, I doubt those banners are going anywhere soon
    WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by DancinBelle View Post
    Well, seeing as Move It Shake It Celebrate It is still performing multiple times a day, and that's left over from the What Will You Celebrate? theme, I doubt those banners are going anywhere soon
    If we're talking about parades that are still performing from old celebrations... How about the "Celebrate a Dream Come True" parade which is a recycled version of the "Share A Dream Come True" parade which premiered as part of the "100 Years of Magic" celebration all the way back in 2001. Eleven years - that's how long it's been since the MK has seen a new parade.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• I am not a Krusty Krab

go to disneyland ours are gone hehe

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    go to disneyland ours are gone hehe
    Oh the irony, I'm going to Frisco this summer so I most likey won't be anywhere near Anaheim.

"THAT'S R

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Let the memories end!
    -Bill

• Metro-Retro Historian

Maybe they would go away if you began more memories. Ever think of that? Oh, are they still taking submissions for that? Maybe you can regale them of your memory of the time you went to the park and saw the lovely floral art that wasn't upstaged by big tacky fake promotional banners.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    If we're talking about parades that are still performing from old celebrations... How about the "Celebrate a Dream Come True" parade which is a recycled version of the "Share A Dream Come True" parade which premiered as part of the "100 Years of Magic" celebration all the way back in 2001. Eleven years - that's how long it's been since the MK has seen a new parade.
    LOL and let's not forget the infamous "castle float" that's been around for lord knows how long

I prefer this banner or sign if you will...
    WAYNEWAY PEOPLEMOVER
    Ride the Future and Look to the Past....Today!

http://www.waynewaypeoplemover.com

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by wayneway View Post
    I prefer this banner or sign if you will...

Here Here Anyone else want to get a miniature of that and put it on their bedroom door?

See ya walkin' right down the middle of ol' Main Street USA

"THAT'S R

• I am not a Krusty Krab

see let the memories begin is stupid because is not like people havent been making memories since day one. if they build a new disneyland, let the memories begin would be perfect because it just opened. but c'mon disney world opened in 1971 and disneyland 1955, let the memories begin is a stupid promotion. the what will you celebrate one was better

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

I can't believe the producers of Abe Lincoln, Vampire Hunter haven't run into trouble from the creators of "Jesus Hates Zombies featuring Lincoln Hates Werewolves", which obviously has a prior-art claim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast