Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Disney is Testing A Flying Dragon

I wonder if the dragon was looking for Hogsmeade, somebody should have told him the L.A. version hasn't been built yet, . . .

• Parking Lot > DCA

Maybe it's just a badass marketing tool for the new Maleficent movie. Flying overhead at the park spitting fireballs at close range. Every few minutes it drops all black flyers with just the release date on them in blood red text.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    What'll be cool is watching the fun when the Senior VPs at Disney Legal find out that someone in the Company is planning to use a radio-controlled flying flamethrower in a Disney theme park show.
    It's not radio controlled, there is a pilot sitting on top. If you go to the article there are other more clear pictures.

something new for fantasmic?
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    It's not radio controlled, there is a pilot sitting on top. If you go to the article there are other more clear pictures.
    You sure that's not an AA pilot on that AA dragon?
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    something new for fantasmic?
    That would be amazing. Could you imagine if Murphy rose up from the ground and then took off flying over the crowd?

WDW's Fantasmic has never been plussed to my knowledge, so maybe it is for that.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

maybe wdw is getting a better dragon for fantasmic?

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Maybe it's for the movie Maleficent

I saw the title of this and thought it was going to be the Murphy lol guess not.

• Minion

Yea I doubt this is for avatarland. The banshees(I think that's what they are called) don't spew fire, and they don't look like the dragon in the picture. Maybe it's for the new fantasyland, Or maybe the asia section of animal kingdom (although most asian dragons are depicted with no wings, anne don't breath fire). Or maybe it's just going to florida for some technical stuff and will come back when it's done. Looks really cool, can't wait to see what they do with it

• Senior Minion

My guess would be a special promotion of some kind, does look a lot like a Malificent Dragon. It is a little hard to imagine that they'd be using something like this daily, but it's possible I suppose. Definitely interesting...
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

hahah unbelievable, the company is always surprising us, but the article must be a bit wrong, cause I dont remember flying dragons in Avatar... there were some flying giant birds, the Nav'e rides but, they don't look like the pic's one.
    Anyways wherever they use it, it is a great idea, something really different. I'm really excited about Avatar Land, it's the perfect idea to fight Harry Potter. Imagine it at night with all those flourecent plants

But Malificent in dragon form has front legs and horns. You could add those - but it would be easier to just start with them. Especially if they're testing how it flies. Gonna mess that up if you put some extra weight at the front.

Another thought - there's a person or persons at Disney who is, basically, a dragon rider. Best. Job. Ever.

So the secret is finally out,

I hinted at this several months back And then spilled the beans about this when the news for Avatar land was announc and the rumors of its cancellation started. I kept telling everyone to imagine a Banshee flying over the land at night.

Hre is one of my original posts

Iwas shown the original test footage when it was first being worked on out in the desert

---------- Post added 06-22-2012 at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Avatar doesn't have fire spitting dragons that can fly, they have flying animals that look somewhat different. I saw Avatar once, I don't remember if they flying creatures spit fire, but I kinda think they didn't.

Anybody know of a theme park land based on a movie where the characters do ride around on fire breathing dragons? Hope the dragon doesn't harry anybody on the ground . . .

Seriously, doesn't look like Avatar unless they make some major modifications . . . maybe it has something to do with the Maleficent movie

The dragon is just a test, they are actually considering other animals for this idea.
    Last edited by Baloo; 06-22-2012 at 07:17 PM.

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Maybe it's just a badass marketing tool for the new Maleficent movie. Flying overhead at the park spitting fireballs at close range. Every few minutes it drops all black flyers with just the release date on them in blood red text.
    I just hope it doesn't drop all black something else..... In the words of Clouseau, "Swine bird"...
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast