• Disney Memory Maker

New Years Eve at WDW

Anyone here go to WDW on New Year's Eve? If anyone did & took pictures, please post them. Also, if you went, how were the crowds? I read on WDWMagic's forums that Mission:Space had a 100 minute wait (with all 4 bays working) & Soarin/Test Track both had 150min waits. Body Wars on the other hand had a reported 0 minute wait.

In the meantime, that same thread has pictures of the massive crowds at Epcot & some pictures of the possibly-never-to-open-again Wonders of Life.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: New Years Eve at WDW

Body Wars on the other hand had a reported 0 minute wait.
    Probably because no one knew it was running.

• Banned User

Yup, I was there. No pics yet, very slow connection I'm on. But soon!

• The one, the only...

I wish I was there. I bet it was wonderful spending New Years at Epcot. I am sad to see the Wonders of Life close. In December, I was privilege to go on Body Wars and, my favorite, Cranium Command one last time.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Illuminated

Yeah I was real dissapointed to see Wonders of Life had been closed the last time I went. I can't seem to go to WDW too often since I live 5,000 miles away. Oh well, I'm sure New Years at Epcot was awesome no matter how busy it was. Was there any alterations in Illuminations after the Peace on Earth part?
    "I never miss the chance to have sex or appear on television."

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Poof
    Yeah I was real dissapointed to see Wonders of Life had been closed the last time I went. I can't seem to go to WDW too often since I live 5,000 miles away. Oh well, I'm sure New Years at Epcot was awesome no matter how busy it was. Was there any alterations in Illuminations after the Peace on Earth part?
    This is how the fireworks happened (I'm just going by what others have said). At 9 or 10pm, they did not show the regular RoE, just the Peace on Earth Finale. At about 13ish minutes before midnight, they showed Reflections of Earth followed by a New Years countdown followed by a traditional Epcot tag-on (ie, hundreds of fireworks that make you need to cover your ears).

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Illuminations: Reflections of Earth was shown at 7:30pm and again at 11:40pm. After the 11:40pm show ther was the New Year Countdown and the traditional Epcot tag.

At 11:50 pm in the Magic Kingdom there was Fantasy in the Sky with the special New Years Eve Tag.

• Disney Memory Maker

Does anyone know how DMGM's new "Lights! Camera! Happy New Year!" fireworks were?

• Banned User

"Lights! Camera! Happy New Year!" is actually a year old now... this was the second showing. Anyway, they were great, but the wind was blowing the wrong way, so it made for a very smokey show. I have the whole thing on video if someone is willing to host it... trouble is, i haven't edited it yet. lol

Photos are coming soon, I'm back home with a fast connection. And ample time.

• Disney Memory Maker

I have the whole thing on video if someone is willing to host it... trouble is, i haven't edited it yet. lol
    If you can get it down to 100mb, you can host it for free at Rapidshare.

-Michael

• keep moving forward...

wonders of life isnt opening again?!?!?... i was just there the day before new years eve and my parents said it looked deserted... wow... im glad i got on cramium command that one last time... (gotta love that show... esspecially the chicken... "bbgahhh.... im goin into politics..."

• keep moving forward...

i just checked the epcot site... wonders of life isnt listed at all

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    wonders of life isnt opening again?!?!?... i was just there the day before new years eve and my parents said it looked deserted... wow... im glad i got on cramium command that one last time... (gotta love that show... esspecially the chicken... "bbgahhh.... im goin into politics..."
    Yep, Kevin Yee's pictures seem to confirm the complete emptiness of the pavilion. More than likely, you'll never see it open again.

i just checked the epcot site... wonders of life isnt listed at all[IMG]images/smilies/sad%20guy.gif[/IMG]
    It hasn't been for a while.