• Banned User

Deluxe Resorts Quick Service Rehabs

Please note that the Wilderness Lodge's "Roaring Forks" will undergo a major rehab beginning Jan. 8th. Due to the nature of this rehab, there will be no soda re-fill stations available. Hence, Wilderness Lodge Refillable Mugs have been discontiuned as of today, Jan 1st. "Roaring Forks" will remain open through the rehab, but only grab & go items will be offered.

Please note that a major rehab of Captain Cooks at Disney's Polynesian Resort will also take place at the same time. Because Captain Cooks' rehab is a much larger and lengthy rehab, the entire location will be temp. relocated to the Conference Center next to the Mickey's Fun Hut Arcade. I'm not sure at this time if re-fillable mugs will be available, or what the limited menu will include at the Polynesian Resort.

A rehab of the quick service eateries at the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary Resorts are also in the works.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Deluxe Resorts Quick Service Rehabs

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Please note that the Wilderness Lodge's "Roaring Forks" will undergo a major rehab beginning Jan. 8th. Due to the nature of this rehab, there will be no soda re-fill stations available. Hence, Wilderness Lodge Refillable Mugs have been discontiuned as of today, Jan 1st. "Roaring Forks" will remain open through the rehab, but only grab & go items will be offered.
    What sort of rehab does this entail? And since Roaring Forks had very little grab & go food to begin with (that whole ordering thing and what not) what are the guest going to do for quick bites?

This is tragic news. Wait until my 1998 mug hears about this ... so many Cokes at the WL ... all those fizzy memories (sniffle, sniffle).

I wonder if this is just temporary. I can't imagine WDW would allow one resort to do away with the mug program when ever other resort is selling them. Unless, of course, Disney finally got smart and is going to do away with them everywhere ... somehow I doubt it.

Gasparilla Grill & Games at The Grand Floridian went through an extensve rehab within the past year and was closed for several weeks during said rehab. They are not scheduled for a rehab in the near future.

^^True ... and when it had reopened they had rehabbed the quality right out of the place.

• Banned User

Whoops... I have no clue why I said the GF was going for a rehab soon. Sorry about that. I know there's another deluxe resort going through the rehab though. Maybe it's Yacht and Beach? I know some guests were complaing over there that Beaches & Cream wasn't open for breakfast...

As for the mugs... they'll be back after the rehab. They can't set-up a fill station for a short period of time, as it costs too much $$$. Though it's possible a design change will take place.

Also, all I have is that an expanded "grab 'n' go" menu will be offered at the Wilderness Lodge while Roaring Forks is under the rehab. Sorry I don't have more.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I left my Wilderness mug in a hotel in VA this morning. Very very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    ^^True ... and when it had reopened they had rehabbed the quality right out of the place.
    LOL, very interesting - I visited it for the first time this past Fall and was kinda surprised at 1) the limited amount of seating for such a large hotel and 2) the menu items no different than those at the All Stars, yet this was supposed to be a deluxe resort with, presumably deluxe food court offerings So 74, what exactly was taken away? Decor? Food selection? Quality? Seating? I'm curious.

^^^Menu items ... and quality. It was always basic fast food, but was very high quality. Their cheesesteaks were some of the best I've ever had anywhere in Florida. Their pizzas also were al freshly made.

Seating has always been small ... they did do some reconfiguring of the serving/checkout area.

Disney is very good at accountaineering the quality (and the magic) right out of things.