• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Digital Camera Photography Question

I'm going on a trip with my mom and aunt to Walt Disney World this summer, and I've developed a liking in photography as a hobby/interest, and of course, I am going to need stumpers for the Where in the Disney World thread (assuming I ever win ). We have a digital camera and currently, depending on how you mess with the settings, our two memory cards can hold between 16-30 some odd photographs each while keeping the pictures at a medium quality. That would be somewhere between 32-60 photographs possible for a 6 day trip.

Now, I realize that we could just as easily buy a larger CompactFlash card (and I plan on it eventually), but where the question kicks in is I am wondering if there is anywhere in the Walt Disney World Resort (or even the resort area) that I could take my camera and/or CompactFlash card and upload the photographs and send them to myself, to spare having to buy a new CF card before the trip? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Banned User

Re: Digital Camera Photography Question

I would bu a 1 gig flash card and up that setting.. lol

each park offers to take your cards, and put the files on a CD... I think. (I believed it repalced in park photo development)

I might be wrong.. Just give in, But a 2 gig cards.. lol

• In Technicolor!

As a participant in that aforementioned game, I can second Figment's suggestion. I went to both WDW and DL last year (wow, 2005 is now 'last year') with the Wit(D)W game in mind. We have a 4-MP camera and two 512MB CF cards. I took no less than 150, and usually around 200, pics a day!! Believe me, it would have been a hassle to keep stopping to 'dump' our pics onto a CD. Time in the parks was too valuable at that point.

• WDW FAN

I know that Exposition Hall on Main Stree has a kiosk to transfer digi pix from the card to a cd.

• Huh?

Buying a larger CF is the wisest thing to do... with as much photos as you'll want to take, you'll be spending too much time at those kiosks. It'll be cheaper just to buy the larger CF as well.

If you have a laptop, that is also very much a suggested accessory.

As for taking photos for the thread, suggestions:

- Put the settings at the best image quality settings
    - Turn Digital Zoom off!
    - Turn Noise Reduction off!
    - Don't be afraid to use your flash during the day! It gets VERY sunny in FL, which means, it gets very shadowy during the day. Flash is needed VERY often during the day outdoors in FL.
    -Tim

• Former CM

I agree that you should buy a bigger card. On my Dec. trip to WDW I also brought my Flash HD To Go!. I was quite happy I did since I didn't have to worry about taking pictures with my DSLR and could take all I wanted (1500ish).

• In Technicolor!

That Flash HD To Go! looks like a great help. We usually bring our laptop along for a net connection. So we usually just dump from the camera to the laptop each night in the hotel.

• Former CM

I brought the drive with me since I needed to be abke to downloand from a CF card, XD and also SD memory cards. It worked out great for me. I was able to get just the case for the drive and then put in a laptop hard drive and save d a lot of money that way instaed of buying their overpriced version. I got the case for $25 which they sale for $100 and used the extra money to get a 60 GB hard drive so I would have plenty of space.