Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Summer Hours Announced

Wow...I was checking the hours for summer, and they are pretty crazy. I have never seen hours like these at MGM or AK, and it's a return to how summer used to be at the Magic Kingdom.

MK 9 am to 11 pm, Spectro at 9 and 11, Wishes at 10
    EC 9 am to 9 pm
    MGM 9 am to 10 pm (Fantasmic! at 9 pm every night and 10:30 pm many evenings)
    AK 9 am to 8 pm
    BB/TL 9 am to 6 pm

If you add Extra Magic Hours, I don't remember the last time the parks were open this late repeatedly--Animal Kingdom till 11 pm! Crazy! Looks like they are expecting a lot of added traffic for Expedition Everest.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Classic Animation

Re: Summer Hours Announced

Wow! The good old days!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Here's hoping the August hours are just as good!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Now that is FANTASTIC news. I love the parks at night. Animal kingdom has beautiful night lighting which you almost never get a chance to see. I can't wait for a late night safari!!!

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Official MC Thread Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Now that is FANTASTIC news. I love the parks at night. Animal kingdom has beautiful night lighting which you almost never get a chance to see. I can't wait for a late night safari!!!

-Dusty
    Me too! I at least hope they offer them, and don't close the attraction at sunset. Night rides on Everest are gonna rock, too!
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Disney Memory Maker

Actually in June, MK is open until 12am on 4 days (and with EMH, it will be possible to be there for 16 hours in a row). Other than MK though, the other parks are more or less the same as this previous June (this previous summer, June saw longer hours than July). I can only hope that these hours stay the same in July. Boy, this is going to be a fun vacation.

As for AK, the main reason it can stay open till 8pm now (on every night as opposed to half the nights) is beause of EE. I doubt Kilimanjaro will stay open late. It'll probably close at around 6:30 (so they can put back the animals). It would be nice though to see a nightime safari.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Disney Memory Maker

It appears July's hours are up to (you have to click each date). So for anyone else (who, like me, didn't notice them)...
    4th of July Hours

MK: 8-1am (spectro: 10:30pm & 12:30am, Fantasy in the Sky 9pm)
    FW: 9-10pm
    WS: 11-10pm (roe: 10pm)
    DMGM: 9-11pm (fantasmic: 10pm, Parade: 5:30)
    DAK: 9-7pm (parade:4pm)

Magic Kingdom hours (fireworks and all) are identical for July 3rd. The park is open from 9-11 in July except on Mondays & Tuesday (when it is open until 12am)

The rest of July, Epcot is in it's normal 9-7/11-9 hours.

With the exception of July 1st (when it is open until 8pm), AK closes at 7pm each night of July.

So far, there are no fireworks planned for DMGM on the 4th (hopefully this changes). Hours throughout July are 9-10pm.

Blizzard beach is 9-7 throughout july.

July hours for Typhoon Lagoon are currently unavailable.

*all info subject to change
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    Wow...I was checking the hours for summer, and they are pretty crazy. I have never seen hours like these at MGM or AK, and it's a return to how summer used to be at the Magic Kingdom.

MK 9 am to 11 pm, Spectro at 9 and 11, Wishes at 10
    EC 9 am to 9 pm
    MGM 9 am to 10 pm (Fantasmic! at 9 pm every night and 10:30 pm many evenings)
    AK 9 am to 8 pm
    BB/TL 9 am to 6 pm

If you add Extra Magic Hours, I don't remember the last time the parks were open this late repeatedly--Animal Kingdom till 11 pm! Crazy! Looks like they are expecting a lot of added traffic for Expedition Everest.
    Not quite how summers used to be, but still an improvement.

For most of the 1990s, MK was 9 a.m. to midnight from early-June until late August. That's every night for all guests.

Going back to the 1970s and 80s, we even had regular 1 a.m. and 2 .m. closings.

So while 11 p.m. is better than 9 or 10, it's still not late enough.

Epcot used to always be open until 11 or midnight during summer as well. The whole park for all guests. It's now been almost a decade of 9 p.m closings (some days, the sun is just setting and ROE starts). Being that I love Epcot, this really ticks me off.

Disney-MGM used to have midnight and 1 a.m. closings its first few summers and regular 11 p.m. closings right into the late 90s ... then they pushed it to 10:30, then 10 (with Fantasmic AFTER park closing) with some nights of 9 p.m. closing.

Even DAK was originally open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. during its first few summers.

I would say the biggest positive I see is that WDW now sees fit to plan actual hours six months in advance, something that was done regularly until 9/11/01. It helps people plan their magical WDW vacations if they actually have operating schedules that don't change two weeks before.

So, yeah, it's nice they have somewhat longer hours ... but it's no way like it used to be. And while EMH's at night are great, they don't take the place of regular late nightly closings for everyone.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

At least it's a step in the right direction. I'm still waiting for the days when Future World and World Showcase were both 9-11. I remember though days, though it's becoming vaguer with every passing year....
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

^^Yep ... I don't think Disney wants folks to remember/know that dirty little secret.

How I miss spending the night at EPCOT Center...

• Banned User

Ahem... None of the hours above are set in stone... AK will be changing left and right.

As far as MK, I'm willing to bet that about three months into this year, some of the nights will be extended to 12.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Not quite how summers used to be, but still an improvement.

For most of the 1990s, MK was 9 a.m. to midnight from early-June until late August. That's every night for all guests.

Going back to the 1970s and 80s, we even had regular 1 a.m. and 2 .m. closings.

So while 11 p.m. is better than 9 or 10, it's still not late enough.

Epcot used to always be open until 11 or midnight during summer as well. The whole park for all guests. It's now been almost a decade of 9 p.m closings (some days, the sun is just setting and ROE starts). Being that I love Epcot, this really ticks me off.

Disney-MGM used to have midnight and 1 a.m. closings its first few summers and regular 11 p.m. closings right into the late 90s ... then they pushed it to 10:30, then 10 (with Fantasmic AFTER park closing) with some nights of 9 p.m. closing.

Even DAK was originally open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. during its first few summers.

I would say the biggest positive I see is that WDW now sees fit to plan actual hours six months in advance, something that was done regularly until 9/11/01. It helps people plan their magical WDW vacations if they actually have operating schedules that don't change two weeks before.

So, yeah, it's nice they have somewhat longer hours ... but it's no way like it used to be. And while EMH's at night are great, they don't take the place of regular late nightly closings for everyone.
    I disagree...the parks are open very late with EMHs now--as late as the hours you posted for the 70s, and if you plan right, you can stay in a park until at least midnight most evenings of any vacation. So, for Resort guests, it's a return to how things were decades ago. For non-Resort guests, it's not, nor should it be. Those of us paying premium to stay on property deserve more time in the parks, and this is good for everyone, really. For all of you locals who don't really need to be in the parks till 2 am since you can come whenever you want, EMH increases profits which means you see more new rides more often. I think it is positive all around, and we can't really expect any changes from the current hours, since EMH are extremely popular and likely aren't going anywhere, and I wouldn't expect all of the parks to stay open till 3 am throughout the summer for Resort guests. CMs have to sleep some time.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Disney Memory Maker

For all of you locals who don't really need to be in the parks till 2 am since you can come whenever you want, EMH increases profits which means you see more new rides more often.
    I agree. Plus, being that the locals can come when they wish, all they have to do is go to a park not having EMH & it will most likely be much less crowded.

I disagree...the parks are open very late with EMHs now--as late as the hours you posted for the 70s, and if you plan right, you can stay in a park until at least midnight most evenings of any vacation. So, for Resort guests, it's a return to how things were decades ago. For non-Resort guests, it's not, nor should it be. Those of us paying premium to stay on property deserve more time in the parks, and this is good for everyone, really. For all of you locals who don't really need to be in the parks till 2 am since you can come whenever you want, EMH increases profits which means you see more new rides more often. I think it is positive all around, and we can't really expect any changes from the current hours, since EMH are extremely popular and likely aren't going anywhere, and I wouldn't expect all of the parks to stay open till 3 am throughout the summer for Resort guests. CMs have to sleep some time.
    You can disagree all you want.

EMH's now do not begin to equal park hours of the 70s, 80s and early 90s.
    So ONE night a week resort guests can stay at Epcot until midnight (with some things closed). BIG DEAL! In the past EVERY guest could stay that late nightly during summer, holidays and selected offseason weekends.

And resort guests in the past got the only advantage that really matters ... they got to stay in the magic. That's it. They didn't need extra hours to feel special.

And I am not a local, I live hundreds of miles away. And I stay on property most of the time. But it doesn't change my opinions at all.

Disney is simply adding back a BIT to resort guests some of what was available to ALL guests back in the days when guest satisfaction was the No. 1 objective of Disney (well, besides making $$$, but back then they understood that quality and guest service that was second to none would and did equal huge profits).

And don't be ridiculous about new rides/attractions. EMH's and cutting hours have NOTHING to do with that.

• Banned User

If the money made went back into the parks, I'd agree. But since I know that's entirely false, and that WDW NEVER SEES THAT MONEY, I agree with WDW1974. If you think the EMH actually help anything, then you have a very sad idea of how things work at WDW. I understand your logic, but alas, it's not reality.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast