Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Who killed Wonders of Life?

The lack of people at Wonders of Life last week isn't really a reason... as WoL was REMOVED from the Epcot Guide Maps. If you don't tell a guest where an attraction is, they won't go to it.

• Banned User

in the 80s it looked differently, then someone let the bush's grow into trees...

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I agree that the pavilion is almost impossible to see behind those trees, it is out of place to begin with in terms of "park flow", and apparently, if it has been removed from maps, that makes it near impossible to find.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo
    In the boardroom, with a magic marker.
    On a dry-erase board.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    this is odd because al's update shows that noone was in the pavillion at all
    LOL contrary to popular belief, Al and Kevin are two different people...

5-10 minute lines for everything is "normal" for WoL? For movie attractions, where 5-10 minutes equals one cycle in the theatre? If that's the case then it's pretty darn dead.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Body Wars had been touted for years as Wonders of Life's main attraction. Cranium Command was second banana in a poorly located pavilion. Body Wars failed to be of the same quality as Star Tours, in terms design, storyline and the mechanics of the ride itself - one of the roughest in Disney theme park history.

As for Cranium Command, relatively few people new what it was and were unwilling to give it a chance - if they even nknew it existed. All of these problems with the pavilion led to a lack of interest by sponsors. WOL became better known as WTF. Plus, I believe Disney has a better attraction in mind for this area. As recent new attractions have been thrill rides, it is likely that a state of the art family attraction will be installed here.

Who's to say Cranium Command will not be given a second chance elsewhere, in an updated format. If so, it will be far better off wherever it is located than WOL aka WTF. I love CC too, JiiminyCricketFan.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

So, the Wonders of Life is permenantly closed? That sucks. In 1995 when I went to Disney World the first time I remember the huge crowds in there. The line for Body Wars was long, but very cool! Who cares if it's the same ride system as Star Tours. Pirates and Small World have the same ride system too. I enjoyed it. But in 2000, the pavilion was closed. I never got to ride Horizons either, I hear it was really good and you got to chosse your own ending. Plus the music sounded great. And Test Track isn't that great. I think Disneyland's late Rocket Rods were better than Test Track.

• Self service witchdoctor

It died of a deadly virus known as boredom resulting in a lack of guests flowing through it's veins. The virus can be killed by new sponsorship and and cash transfusion, but alas it was too late.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I was never a fan of WOL, I remember being there shortly after it opened and it just didn't appeal to me at least design wise. The layout of the pavilion just didn't feel right not to mention it's an unattractive building in a hard to find location. It's time had come.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

I don't suppose there is any chance of it being open this weekend what with the Marathon and all is there? I'd like to see it one more time before it disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    I was never a fan of WOL, I remember being there shortly after it opened and it just didn't appeal to me at least design wise. The layout of the pavilion just didn't feel right not to mention it's an unattractive building in a hard to find location. It's time had come.
    The current appearance the interior of the pavillion has is really unattractive, but the subject of health, biotechnology, and medicine is still very much worthwhile. And, I am sure there is some pharmaceutical or other such company with deep pockets out there that would be interested.

An update is in order, but not a dismantling.

As to JiminyCricketFan's observation about EPCOT's inefficient use of space, has anyone proposed a network of moving walkways and, perhaps, some weather-protection or climate-control?

I've never been there, but EPCOT seems as if it could benefit from those kinds of additions.

While the It may seem inefficient it helps keep the park feeling less crowded. When everything is closer together it decreases capacity and creates uneeded crowds.

I am glad That on my 2003 summer trip me and my cousin went on every single attraction in all the parks. I must say that craneum cammad was hilariously outdated with the SNL celebrities of the day. Same thing with Making of me. I think this area exhibits how edutainment really isn't that entertaining.

Oh and about Body Wars. While the attraction seems abandanded assuming they have 4 different pods there capacity is over 1500 people an hour and i doubt the pavilion itself has ever had 1500 people in it in an hour in the recent future.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I think they're keeping it as the WDW hurricane shelter.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

They could ship the ride vehicles to Hong Kong and open STAR TOURS.

But that would just promote Fox/Lucasfilm movies. I don't know how many Star Wars films have been released in China, but they have quotas and strict censoring about these things.

• Disney Memory Maker

What killed WoL? Can anyone say I-Love-the-80s? Attendence is bad & everything in it is dated.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast