Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: I Wanna Go Back To Disney World - Or Should I?

I really am looking forward to the chance to get to see the Harry Potter attraction.

Seeing as this started out as a WDW thread, I must also say how I am wanting to go back to Disney World as well. It has been almost 3 years since I have been there.

Fantasyland has been under new construction most of that time, and I look forward to seeing what they have done. I haven't read much, but I plan on changing that. As these things become unveiled in the next year or so, I hope that it is with much praise.

• Pilot EdForceOne

A trip is ok now... But the big stuff is still a few years off2014 and later things will start getting more interesting at universal.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I really am looking forward to the chance to get to see the Harry Potter attraction.

Seeing as this started out as a WDW thread, I must also say how I am wanting to go back to Disney World as well. It has been almost 3 years since I have been there.

Fantasyland has been under new construction most of that time, and I look forward to seeing what they have done. I haven't read much, but I plan on changing that. As these things become unveiled in the next year or so, I hope that it is with much praise.
    With Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey I think it depends on why you do not prefer thrill rides, a personal dislike or a physical limitation. For me, I get motion sickness and I was quite pale after my first ride on the attraction. I would not say the movements are overly violent, just a lot that happen quickly.

Most of Fantasyland will be open by the end of this year, except Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, which you will miss. As I said early, The Little Mermaid ride itself is expected to be identical to the one in California.

The revamped Test Track should be open by the end of this year as well.
    Last edited by lazyboy97O; 07-15-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Here are my 2 cents concerning your next trip to WDW:

1. If Apirl 2013 is your taveling time, Test Track 2.0 will be ready. From the concept Art and the report from insider, the renovation will be quite amazing. It will be very popular by the time you are there but still be sure to check that out.
    Here are the video link of the interview for Test Track renovation as well as some rendings about what's possible in the finished product.

2. Since you have mentioned about visiting Harry Potter Land, beware that the Forbidden Journey may considered intense to some. It has significantly more violent moment comparing to Soarin over California. It is an amazing ride though.

3. If Spiderman is your thing, then it is a very comfortable ride that I don't think anyone would feel too intense. Since you are going to the IOA anyway, be sure to check that out. The ride has just been through an amazing renovation by the way.

4. SeaWorld has added an amazing Turtle Trek Dome 3D attraction. This one is very very cool and has never been done before. If Discovery Cove is within your budget, it has just finshed its 2 years expansion and renovation. They added quite a few things. But it is an expensive theme park.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I guess I really have been out of the loop. I had no idea that Test Track was being revamped. I finally became brave enough to experience that attraction. The video above sounds really interesting. I look forward to hearing people's reactions to the actual ride experience, when it becomes available.

I find that the dining plan(plus) is a money saver.so, if you book MYW with plus dining plan; this saves money.you both have to be on the same package . When you book the MYW plus dining all that you need is tip and spending money. This way your friend will know how much it cost up front.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I won't be staying on property when I next visit WDW. I have done the dining plan only once. I don't believe that we will be doing too many ADR's.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

BarbaraAnn, welcome to Florida! LEt's keep chatting, for I'd love to finally meet you when you arrive in April of 2013! As you might have figured out, I've moved from Colorado to Florida. I go to either Universal or Disney World every other weekend. I'm weird that way.

Harry Potter's ride is very, very unique and there's nothing really comparible. You don't go upside down, but it does lie you on your back at one point. I found that the ride itself isn't bad at all. But the visuals can be overwhelming the first few times you ride it. Part of the ride is a simulator; the other part is a dark ride. Check out the various videos at YouTube and make sure you can digest it.

Universal's Islands of Adventure does have a tonne of other rides, but they are of the exciting ilk and can be a bit overwhelming for some of the population. I recommend looking at a map and reading some of the ride descriptions. It's too expensive to go on just one ride. I think you should make sure you want to hit the other rides as well. I can elaborate more, if you wish.

Right next door is the Universal Studios Orlando which has more sedate attractions and dark rides, IMHO.

I'm excited to see you're coming to my new homeland here in Orlando! If you can or wish, we have "Meets" on Sundays as well, but I can't predict where they'll be that far in the future! We'll talk!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

As soon as I come back from my September trip to the Dells, I will be making my April reservation for Bonnet Creek, which is right smack dab in the middle of Disney World. If my friend Annette changes her mind, I will still be coming. I'll just have to work out a few different logistics.

Roo, I do remember that you moved to Florida, and it would indeed be wonderful to connect up, with you, sometime/somewhere during my up and coming WDW vacation.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am less than two weeks away from my Wisconsin trip to the Dells, so my attention has turned to my desired trip to Disney World in April.

I have been pricing the tickets, and I didn't realize how expensive they might end up being. Especially if I only spend a few days at the Magic Kingdom, and then a day or two at Universal.

I have a question for Universal vets. What's the best ticket for me, if I mostly want to see Harry Potter?

It sure is hard to believe that these themeparks are almost all very close to $100 a day price.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will still only be at one park when you go, so I think it depends on whether or not you are open to exploring the other offerings of Universal Orlando Resort. I personally think Universal Studios Florida has a lot to offer, but if you're goal is to just see The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, than just a day's admission to Islands of Adventure should suffice.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am nearing the point where I am looking at the calendar, and I am ready to pick a date. My friend Annette and I need to sit down and decide exactly how long she wants to vacation. I, myself would love about a 10 day vacation, but I believe she may be able to just take off a week.

Anyway, I'd love at least a 2 day's visit to Universal and 5 days at the Disney World Parks. Universal has Harry Potter of course, but after checking out their website, I saw a lot more there that really looked like fun. E.T. Dr. Seuss. just to name a few.

Having a car will give us more flexibility. I am so used to staying on property at Disney World, so this will be a new experience for me. As well as not being entirely solo on a trip. I am starting to get excited to be going back to Disney World again, despite not staying on property. Bonnet Creek is located so very close to the Pop Century Resort, that it almost gives one a sense of being on property. I stayed there in 2009, for part of my vacation.

As soon as I get back from my Wisconsin Dells trip, I will be making my reservation at Bonnet Creek. Probably starting on April the 14th for at least a week.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I booked my hotel today. So, I will be in Florida from April the 12th, until the 19th, staying at The Bonnet Creek Resort. They are located right smack dab in the middle of Disney World, despite the fact that they are not a Disney Hotel. I have stayed there once before, and it was very nice. Sure, I would rather be in a Disney Hotel, but this saves me a ton of money, and I have a 2 bedroom unit with a full kitchen. I am traveling with someone who knows her way around Florida. I'll show her Disney World, and she'll do the driving. I am looking forward to this. My next step is watching the air fare.

• Nutty about Disney parks

^ I think you made a good choice. If it were me I would be unable to wait till 2014 or after and you can always go back in a few years time anyway when the HP expansion is completed.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have never been to Universal, and I am excited about that. I am definitely looking forward to seeing what they have done in Magic Kingdom, since I was last there in 2009. It won't be an all WDW vacation like I usually take, but I think I will definitely enjoy the change.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast