Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: I Wanna Go Back To Disney World - Or Should I?

Dan, thanks for the wealth of information that you bring to this thread. I am really looking forward to taking your advice. You sound like my kind of traveler. "Don't be in so much of a hurry to ride a ride, that you miss the magic right in front of your nose". I have heard that very thing expressed before. Hopefully my two fellow travelers will be willing to slow down a bit, and give me a chance to savor the sights before us.

• Disney Parks Fan

When we went to WDW this year (2012), I purchased a Tables in Wonderland card for $75 ($100 without an annual pass). This card is available to anybody regardless of where you lodge. The card was good for my family's meals at places on the Tables in Wonderland list. The website for this card lists the Quick Service, Table Service and other restaurants at which the card gives discounts. At Quick Service sites on the list, the card gives a 20% discount. At the Table Service sites on the list, the card gives a 20% discount but still requires the 18% gratuity. You need to check the list to see if the card is good at the places you want to eat. For us, the card was better than the meal plans that were offered to people who stay on the WDW property. The places we wanted to eat were on the list.

Since we live two hours from Disneyland Resort in California, we have Premier Annual Passes. I think the Premier pass is great for families, living near Disney Parks in either California or Florida, wanting to visit both Disneyland and WDW in the same year. However, I think they are too expensive for most families living far from any Disney Parks. We enjoyed being able to walk into the four major theme parks at WDW, the water parks and Disney Quest merely by presenting our passes and letting placing our fingers on the appropriate boimetric pads. We only were at WDW for eight days and didn't have enough time to use our passes to their full capability.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

11 days at Disneyland, and a possible 5 at Disney World. Then there's the fact that I'd like to do a Halloween trip to either park next year. It's sounds like I am rolling in the money. Quite the contrary. My timeshare relieves me of the hotel bills on these trips. Well almost the entire hotel bill. Considering the cost of parking a day at WDW, I am considering a Premier pass. I don't drive, so I don't need to worry about parking at Disneyland. I guess I'll do the math, and make that decision before my Disneyland trip. By the way, it looks like that one is going to be 11 days for sure considering the fact that it appears the MiceChat Anniversary is a different weekend than I originally thought. I have always wanted to do a super long trip to Disneyland, and this is my chance.

Dining at Disney World is going to be very casual for our group of three. I really don't think that we are going to do any ADR's. Our hotel room has a kitchen, and we plan on using it. I have heard about the Tables in Wonderland. However, the cost outweighs the benefit for me, and my group.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    11 days at Disneyland, and a possible 5 at Disney World. Then there's the fact that I'd like to do a Halloween trip to either park next year. It's sounds like I am rolling in the money. Quite the contrary. My timeshare relieves me of the hotel bills on these trips. Well almost the entire hotel bill. Considering the cost of parking a day at WDW, I am considering a Premier pass. I don't drive, so I don't need to worry about parking at Disneyland. I guess I'll do the math, and make that decision before my Disneyland trip. By the way, it looks like that one is going to be 11 days for sure considering the fact that it appears the MiceChat Anniversary is a different weekend than I originally thought. I have always wanted to do a super long trip to Disneyland, and this is my chance.

Dining at Disney World is going to be very casual for our group of three. I really don't think that we are going to do any ADR's. Our hotel room has a kitchen, and we plan on using it. I have heard about the Tables in Wonderland. However, the cost outweighs the benefit for me, and my group.
    Granted you may need the rental car for Universal, but you definitely don't need it for Disney World, unless you're not planning on staying on property. I seem to remember you mentioning that. But I can only imagine that the costs for parking & a rental car must be less than the costs for a premier pass, both on the short run & the long run though.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have redone the math, and I am back to thinking that I am buying the Deluxe Disneyland Annual pass, and then just purchasing as many days at WDW as I decide to go there come April. My thinking was off, due to my wanting to make a 2nd trip to Disneyland next Fall. Now if that 2nd trip next Fall was a WDW trip, then a Premiere Pass would be the correct choice.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My planned trip to Disney World is starting to worry me. I checked airfare again today, and it has gone up by $100. That's really a whole lot of extra money. My husband told me to book the airfare last month before the gas prices went up. However, I need to wait until after my friend Annette gets her income tax refund back. I guess we could change our dates, and hope the airfares go back down when the gas prices do. If they do.

• Closed Account

They have built it... you must go.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am about to make my airline reservations for my April Disney World trip. Prices have dropped to about $288 from Chicago to Orlando, and that isn't bad at all. I better jump on it, while I have the chance. I also googled car rental companies at the Orlando Airport, and I am comparing those for my friend Annette, who will be driving and renting the car.

Having just returned from 10 days at Disneyland/DCA, I am excited to see what's happening in Florida.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I waited one day too long to get that $288 airfare, and we ended up having to pay $354. I could have possibly paid the $288, if I wanted to fly early in the morning, or late at night, but I don't. Annette wasn't too upset, if at all. She is so excited to go, especially to see all the Harry Potter stuff at Universal Studios. I am about to order our park tickets online, and likely using a company called Undercover Tourist to do so. They come highly recommended by Mousesavers. It's one stop shopping, because I can purchase both Disney tickets, and Universal tickets from them.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I bought my Universal and Disney World tickets yesterday. So this vacation is starting to really feel real right now. I need to get on the Universal website, and the Disney World website to check things out. Although, I peeked at the WDW one, and it is a whole lot different than last time I looked. Why did they change their calendar format? I liked it a whole lot better than what they have now.

So anyway, we are doing 2 days at Universal and just three days at WDW. Probably one day each at MK, Epcot and DHS.

If you're like me, you can easily do HS and AK in one day. But it looks like you may not be doing AK at all, which is fine being that they don't really have a whole lot there to offer (especially for an animal park/zoo) and what they do have can get really crowded, even during the days when they have their short hours. Have a question on the calendar, give me a buzz. I just got my annual pass with no blackouts last month, and I have written down the hours for all 4 parks for every date between now and the end of July. You can use me as a quick reference & avoid the confusion on the Disney site. I must have missed what days you are doing WDW, but I hope you have the chance to do Epcot while they have the Flower & Garden Festival going on now through mid-May. Whenever you are going, I hope you enjoy your trip.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

We did not buy parkhoppers. I feel there will be plenty for us to do for an entire day in all of the WDW Parks. Animal Kingdom was the park we decided not to visit so we could get off for a day, and do non-themepark stuff.

My trip begins on the 12th of April and ends on the 19th, so that is just a week. That is 6 full days, since we arrive late on the 12th.

Well that sounds good. Yeah you're not missing much when it comes to Animal Kingdom. And hopefully the Spring Breakers will be gone by the time your trip comes. As far as park hours go, Magic Kingdom & Epcot are the only 2 of the 3 that have the same consistent hours. Magic Kingdom is opened 9am to 11pm from 4/12 - 4/19. However, Thursday 4/18 Magic Kingdom has Early Magic Hours from 8am to 9am, so whether or not you're doing the early hours, plan accordingly. I find that with the early hours & people getting in early which tends to be a lot, they tend to up the wait times for many rides early on, and push up the fast pass times as well. Epcot has their standard 9am to 9pm hours during your planned week. (Keeping in mind that World Showcase doesn't open until 11am every day.) And Epcot also has Early Magic Hours on Tuesday 4/16 from 8am to 9pm. So plan accordingly with that.

Lastly, for Hollywood Studios, on Sunday 4/14 and Tuesday 4/16, they are open from 9am to 8:30pm. The rest of the days they're open from 9am to 10pm. Their only day for Early Magic Hours is Saturday the 13th. I would especially plan accordingly for that. Please allow me to explain. I don't know if you plan on doing the Early Magic Hours or not. But when Hollywood Studios does it, no matter what the day, it heavily factors in the fast pass counts for a couple of rides, them being Aerosmith (which you most likely won't do), Tower of Terror, and most importantly - Toy Story Mania. When I went back on Saturday February 16th, DHS opened at 9am to the general public, but they had Early Hours from 8am to 9am. MK opened at 8am, so naturally I went there first. After an hour, I took the monorail to Epcot & got there about 9:30ish. Closer to 10:30, I walked over to World Showcase & took the boat to DHS, getting there at about 11am. When I got there that morning, Aerosmith already had a 90 minute wait, and their Fast Pass return time was 4:30pm to 5:30pm. I used my Disney app to look up Toy Story, and they had a 2 hour wait, with the Fast Pass return time from 8:15pm to 9:15pm. The park had only been opened for 2 hours, 3 if you count the early entry, and already the Fast Pass for TS were almost gone. So if you plan on doing Early Magic Hours, then you're okay. If not, and you plan on going to one of the parks the day they have EMH, plan carefully around it, or just do that park another day. The best advice to you, is to NOT do Hollywood Studios on Saturday the 13th.

Also let me add, "park hours are subject to change without notice."

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Since we are not staying in a Disney Hotel this trip, we need to avoid the parks that have the early entry. I need to do some coordinating with the information that is probably readily available by now on early entry days. I have been to Disney World enough times to remember how it all works. It's just been a while, since I have visited. Last time was 2009.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Since we are not staying in a Disney Hotel this trip, we need to avoid the parks that have the early entry. I need to do some coordinating with the information that is probably readily available by now on early entry days. I have been to Disney World enough times to remember how it all works. It's just been a while, since I have visited. Last time was 2009.

Make it known to your friend that going to parks on day without the EMH will make it much less crowded. Explaining that may help everyone agree on a set schedule.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast