Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: I Wanna Go Back To Disney World - Or Should I?

I usually have everything figured out by now. There are just a few more factors to work around this time. However, by the time we leave for our trip, a plan will be in place.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Tomorrow my friend Annette and I will be arranging for the rental car. I should have asked these questions earlier. Is one company better than another. Is a phone call to the company better than using the online form?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Tomorrow my friend Annette and I will be arranging for the rental car. I should have asked these questions earlier. Is one company better than another. Is a phone call to the company better than using the online form?
    It's a lot like airlines. Little differences but they all got here to there.

You may choose on the brand of cars they rent if that makes a difference. Other than that priceline to see if you can get a deal.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The rental car has been reserved, and my friend got a really good deal.

I also now have an idea of what direction we will take on each day of our vacation. We are traveling on a Friday, so we will follow that with 2 days of Disney Parks, 2 days of Universal, 1 day at a Disney Park, and the last day at the beach/Ocean. I really didn't want the last day to be a themepark day. We then travel home on the 2nd Friday.

my tip is don't spend the whole day at a disney park. Best way to go I have found is get to the park around opening. Stay there until around noon when it is the most crowded and then leave. Either go back and rest or go to downtown disney or do anything else. Then come back to the park after 4 pm when the crowds have died down and stay till it closes.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Many people use that tactic, about taking a break in the middle of the day. Not a bad theory. However, when traveling with a group, we will have to see about how the group feels about that.

Annette mentioned seeing Blue Man Group at Universal. However the tickets cost $69. Not worth it to me.

Something tells me that if you saw it, you would think it was money well spent and would probably be the biggest highlight of your trip. I haven't seen it, but everyone who has raves about it.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I won't stop anyone else in my group from spending the $69 dollars. Showtime is 8 p.m. on the days we will be there. I'll pass, on spending that much money on a show.

• New Member Goes Forth

Personally, USO and Sea World has had more new attractions that WDW, so it is your choice if you want to visit.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I personally have never been to Universal, so I am looking forward to the new experience. As far as Disney World, the attraction for me there, will be the new additions to Fantasyland and the special Epcot event.

• Under that tree again!

I won't stop anyone else in my group from spending the $69 dollars. Showtime is 8 p.m. on the days we will be there. I'll pass, on spending that much money on a show.
    IMO, having been to Universal a bunch of times since they first opened the studios and having been to Universal in Hollywood.

2 days there is a lot for me, and if you aren't riding the coasters maybe for your group too. Having the show as a supplement may be a good option to round out those days.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I guess that I should have researched the priced of the tickets for the Blue Man Group, before I posted about it in this thread. Then, I would not have brought the subject up. I never mind a small expense for doing something as part of a group. However, this would be almost a $300 expenditure for the entire group. It reminds me of Cirque Du Soleil. Another show that is expensive, that I have never been interested in seeing.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My grandson wants us to spend one day at Animal Kingdom, rather than at DHS. He wants to be able to ride Everest again. I think that my friend Annette will like Animal Kingdom. I do need to do a bit of research into the new attractions that have come to that park, since last I was there in 2009

• Under that tree again!

My grandson wants us to spend one day at Animal Kingdom, rather than at DHS. He wants to be able to ride Everest again. I think that my friend Annette will like Animal Kingdom. I do need to do a bit of research into the new attractions that have come to that park, since last I was there in 2009

The new Test Track and new Fantasyland. And some small things but nothing major.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My vacation is just 28 days away.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast