Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I Wanna Go Back To Disney World - Or Should I?

I haven't been to Disney World since August of 2009. On that trip I visited all 4 of the The Disney World Parks. We also spent one day at Sea World, and other members of my party spent a day at Universal, but that was before Harry Potter was opened. My hotel time was split between Pop Century, and the timeshare hotel Bonnet Creek.

I admit to not keeping up much with what has been going on at Disney World these last three years. I know that they have been doing major construction in the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland Area. Fantasyland was always my favorite Land in the MK. In fact MK was always my favorite of the 4 parks.

I'd love to see all the new Harry Potter stuff at Universal, but that may only be possible, if I can find a traveling companion. I don't drive myself, and I have an idea in the works to travel with someone who does.

So is it time to come back to Disney World, or should I wait a little longer. Time wise, I am looking at an April trip due to the timeshare points.

Convince me to start planning, or convince me to stay away a bit longer.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Re: I Wanna Go Back To Disney World - Or Should I?

If you want to experience the Seven Dwafs mine coaster, you'll have to wait till around 2014.

But fortunately the new TLM ride and the rest of the FL expansion will be open if you do go next April
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is all that you will really miss at Walt Disney World. Have you done The Little Mermaid at Disney's California Adventure? If so, the Magic Kingdom will only feature a different exterior and queue.

How big of a Harry Potter fan are you? Unless you wait a few more years you will miss Diagon Alley which is being built at Universal Studios Florida. It will connect with Hogsmeade over at Islands of Adventure by the Hogwart's Express, which will be an inter-park attraction. Universal is also moving swiftly to build a new ride which is widely rumored to be Transformers and to open by late 2013.

So unless you can put off until 2014 / 2015, I can think of no other reasons to delay a visit.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I loved the Harry Potter Movies. There's a thread right here on MiceChat that contains wonderful photos of Hogsmeade. I'd love to experience the essence of the place that was portrayed in the movies, and it does appear that that is possible with a visit to Universal.

I just feel so out of touch with Walt Disney World. I need to spend more time in this forum and start educating myself as to what has been going on since my absence.

Since I am most likely not staying on property, I will plan my trip much differently than I have in the past. I do need to study up on what I absolutely want to do, so I don't come hope feeling that I missed something.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So I am now planning both a Disneyland Trip at the end of January, and a WDW trip for next April. My hotel will be covered in both locations, by my Wyndham Timeshare points. I am debating with myself whether or not I should purchase the new Annual Pass that includes both Disneyland and Disney World. It is pretty pricey at the new price of $849 dollars. My Disneyland trip will most likely be for 5 nights, although I'd really love to do 7. The Disney World trip will be for 7 nights for sure. I most likely won't spend all those Disney World days at those parks, because I'd really love to see The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter.

Anyone care to comment, and help make this decision easier. Although, I really don't need to make a final decision until my January trip.

• Minion

I say do it. Plenty to see! And look at the costs of the park hopper tickets for both trips vs. Tbe both coasts AP to see if it is worth it.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I don't think that I am going for enough days to warrant that fancy Premiere Pass. I guess in my excitement, I am most likely getting ahead of myself. Between Disney World, and Disneyland I think an average cost per day of about $50 is fair. At that rate, I have to be traveling for about 17 days, and I am only doing about 12. A few of which may be at Universal.

Speaking of, and probably should be asked in another place, what is the best pass to buy for Universal if I am mostly only interested in the Harry Potter attraction. Or should I venture out further? I am not a thrill rider persay?

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Speaking of, and probably should be asked in another place, what is the best pass to buy for Universal if I am mostly only interested in the Harry Potter attraction. Or should I venture out further? I am not a thrill rider persay?
    If all you're interested in is Harry Potter, a one day one park ticket to Universal is all you need. You can look for discounts on this through AAA or Undercover Tourist or similar.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Barbaraann,

I reckon I'll be headed back to Walt Disney World in exactly 75 days...last time I was there was last March...

Now, I opted for the Annual Pass in both Walt Disney World and Universal (Wizarding World)...and, I've saved a bunch. A big thing folks don't usually factor into all this is parking. Last time I was at Walt Disney World that was $14 a day or $98 for 7 days. At Universal it's $15 a day or $105 for 7 days. At both places parking is FREE with an Annual Pass. Annual Pass = Significant savings.

Now...an Annual Pass...one full year...at Universal Orlando is only $259.00 last time I looked. $259 divided by 7 is $37 dollars a day plus FREE parking plus 10% discount on stuff. Mighty reasonable...and you already know how much I love Hogsmeade myself... Now, if you take two 7 day vacations during the year, 14 days total, your per day admission cost would be just $18.50 a day plus FREE PARKING plus 10% discount on stuff.

I'd be takin' a serious look at that Disneyland/Disney World pass. A year is a long time...two weeklong or more visits in one year to each park and you could be savin' money.

The thing I like about the Annual Pass is freedom to wander wherever and whenever I want, No Parking Fees, and that 10% Discount can add up to significant savings too.

Should you go? Of course you should. They are always gonna be buildin' somethin' new that you wont get to see until "next time"...but, who knows when "next time" might be? Never put off happiness. Life is way too short to be doin' that...

Go. And be happy.

Along 192 just outside the gates of Disney World you can find some incredible deals on nice, clean, comfortable hotel rooms...don't pay too much. The money you save on your motel room can be used for a special meal or two...or shopping for stuff to take home.

You are gonna love the Wizarding World of Harry Potter...butterbeer...pumpkin juice...and Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans!

Never...ever...delay happiness!

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 07-15-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I think Universal Studios Florida has a good bit of fun, non-thrill attractions. Islands of Adventure is more of a thrill park and the signature Harry Potter attraction, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, is not tame.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I think Universal Studios Florida has a good bit of fun, non-thrill attractions. Islands of Adventure is more of a thrill park and the signature Harry Potter attraction, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, is not tame.
    Could you compare the ride to something that is at Disney. I need a point of reference so that I know if I am brave enough to ride.

I would still love to see all the stuff that is at The World Of Harry Potter that isn't actually a ride.

I have been looking at the Islands of Adventure website, and it looks like there is plenty to keep me busy for on a day's trip there.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have this friend named Annette who wants to return to Disney World. She knows how to drive, and I do not. I have the timeshare points, and she has the, where with all, to get us around once we are there. Now, I just hope that when I tell her just how much all of this is going to cost us, before food, and souvenirs, she doesn't back out. Because if she does, I might just have to travel alone, and figure out transportation on my own. Keeping it simple, It looks like this so far.

Estimated airfare from Chicago to Orlando is usually about $300.

One Day Islands of Adventure Ticket is $88.

Six Day Pass to Disney World, without parkhopping $278.

That puts us at $666, without tax, food, and souvenir.

My friend has only been to Disney World once with her young children, and they didn't handle it well, because they have special needs. She wants to return herself, and she too is a big Harry Potter fan.

So after I give her some dollar amounts, let's see if she's still interested in traveling with me for a week's vacation.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Could you compare the ride to something that is at Disney. I need a point of reference so that I know if I am brave enough to ride.
    There is NOTHING at Disney you can compare Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey to really. It's a totally new/unique ride system (a Kuka arm on a track with the ride vehicle attached - I have photos of the ride with the lights on from 2010 as the first time I ever rode it... it broke down just as it started, so I got to see the whole thing with the lights on). No other park has it. If you want to stretch it though, the closest Disney has is The Sum of All Thrills in Innoventions, which is a Kuka arm simulator.

Forbidden Journey is really something to behold, but that ride really flips you around. You don't go upside down, but there's times you're practically flat on your back. It also take everything you might have know about ride clearances and throws them out the window.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    There is NOTHING at Disney you can compare Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey to really. It's a totally new/unique ride system (a Kuka arm on a track with the ride vehicle attached - I have photos of the ride with the lights on from 2010 as the first time I ever rode it... it broke down just as it started, so I got to see the whole thing with the lights on). No other park has it. If you want to stretch it though, the closest Disney has is The Sum of All Thrills in Innoventions, which is a Kuka arm simulator.

Forbidden Journey is really something to behold, but that ride really flips you around. You don't go upside down, but there's times you're practically flat on your back. It also take everything you might have know about ride clearances and throws them out the window.
    Thanks for the information.

I have a lot of time between now and April to read and learn all about the Harry Potter experience at Universal. Once I do that, I will be certain to maximize my enjoyment when I make the trip there.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The biggest thing that gets most people about Wizarding World is the level of detail. My jaw about literally hit the ground and I actually had tears in my eyes the first time I stepped into Hogsmeade. Yeah it's THAT detailed. The shops are tiny but amazing to look around in. It's like you really stepped into the Harry Potter movies. I'm hoping to go back again next month as I haven't been since it opened in the summer of 2010.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast