Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Suspended

Re: How long will Disney's Electrical Parade be at Walt Disney World?

Well, THAT is incredibly disappointing. Almost as much so as the music change. But as long as I get to see the parade this year, I'll be alright haha Now, if I only knew if the MVMCP was worth the money...

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    Blue Fairy float was destroyed - paid for by Disney to dispose of by a third party.

It honestly shocks me how little regard Disney shows for their own history sometimes. Though I disagree, I understand removing the Blue Fairy for purpose of "synergy" to promote an ill-conceived "franchise." But why in the world would they pay someone to destroy the quintessential float from the original Electrical Parade?? Especially as often as Disney is known to reuse parade floats?? At the very least, wouldn't the Archives want it?
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post

It honestly shocks me how little regard Disney shows for their own history sometimes. Though I disagree, I understand removing the Blue Fairy for purpose of "synergy" to promote an ill-conceived "franchise." But why in the world would they pay someone to destroy the quintessential float from the original Electrical Parade?? Especially as often as Disney is known to reuse parade floats?? At the very least, wouldn't the Archives want it?
    What they choose to send to the Archives never makes much sense. When the Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management closed, they knew they wanted something from it. So they saved Uh-Oa's head. Not the whole figure, just the head. One of the maintenance guys from the Jungle Cruise was talking about sawing it off and sending it to California. He said it was a very weird experience.
    WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

• Suspended

That really is strange. I don't think anybody knows what they're doing in the parks anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12