• Mr Test Track

Yeti...New or Old?

I read in a book that said since the main Yeti is broken and stuck in B-mode they will put another Yeti somewhere els in the ride. I was wonering what people think of it and where they should put it.
    Trips to WDW / DLR

Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
    Beach Club - 3 times
    Boardwalk - 2 times
    Caribbean Beach - 1 time
    Grand Floridian - 1 time
    Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
    Pop Century - 3 times
    DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th

• WDW will always be home.

Re: Yeti...New or Old?

What book was this? I've never heard anything about this and would be very surprised if it were to happen.

Btw, if you'd like to know the name of the "Narrator" for the monorail quote in your sig, that's actually Jack Wagner, "The Voice of Disneyland" you're quoting. More here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_W...28announcer%29
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Not here to help

Disney already lost me on this one. Its truly tragic to see the neglect of this ride... the best coster Disney ever made.

They can put Stitch in the mountain for what I care.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

As far as I know, he's not even in B-mode anymore? When I was there last month and rode it twice, there were no lights on him either time and you couldn't see him AT ALL. Just pitch black.

• I'm a Lutheran

The thought of zooming through a pitch black tunnel with one of the world's largest animatronics statically looming above your head sends chills down my spine. It's a really a shame hearing that the poor Yeti will probably never be fixed. Be grateful he's not in California. He'd never get fixed due to safety standards prohibiting his refurbishment.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Quote Originally Posted by Santana View Post
    As far as I know, he's not even in B-mode anymore? When I was there last month and rode it twice, there were no lights on him either time and you couldn't see him AT ALL. Just pitch black.
    That was my experience as well. It was my first WDW visit so I didn't know the difference until my brother (a FL resident) explained to me the drastic difference in the ride experience without the yeti.

• Mr Test Track

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    Btw, if you'd like to know the name of the "Narrator" for the monorail quote in your sig, that's actually Jack Wagner, "The Voice of Disneyland" you're quoting. More here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_W...28announcer%29
    Thank you and I read this in the Unnoficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2012 and they are pretty accurate with their things
    Trips to WDW / DLR

Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
    Beach Club - 3 times
    Boardwalk - 2 times
    Caribbean Beach - 1 time
    Grand Floridian - 1 time
    Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
    Pop Century - 3 times
    DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th

• Minion

As long as it's not a projected cartoon Yeti that pretends to rip your head off while he cackles like Woody Woodpecker.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Rode this on Sunday. His arm has been shift so its more in the direct path of the oncoming cars-and the lighting is still disco.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

I think that WDW management should have really fixed the problem years ago. Is there a defendant problem with fixing it, like safety issues? Or is it just the difficulty with shutting down one of Animal Kingdom's only major draws? If anyone has more info I would be happy to hear.

Hopefully, when the Avatar Land is done, EE can go down for a major refurb. Maybe the bird and mist could be fixed as well.

I doubt a new Yeti will be added, mainly because of the cost.
    Last edited by A113PoCfan; 07-18-2012 at 01:09 PM.