Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Insomniac

Re: Possible Resort-Wide Expansion Including Monorails, Epcot, DAK, DTD, & a 5th Gate

Building a fith gate would be as smart as America building new roads right next to the rotting crumbly ones they have now instead of fixing them. You want to doom DHS and Animal Kingdom? Build a fith gate. It's not going to happen. Not even the dunderheads in TDO would be dumb enough to think that they actually need a 5th gate (probably only because they don't actually want to spend any money).

Monorail plans have been "on the drawing board" since WDW was first being developed. It hasn't happened yet, it's not gonna happen ever IMO. Too expensive, unless government regulations make it more financially beneficial to take the buses off the streets.

Do I see the dunderheads at TDO building more Resorts? Yep most definetely because even if attendance is down they still think that hotels are a better investment than the parks. Can someone please tell them the reason that DLP failed?

I've told you what is going to happen, what would I like?

EPCOT
    1) Two new countries in WS (Brazil and Russia anyone?).
    2) 3 new rides in WS (Mt. fugi, Brazil jungle bird ride, and ratatouille ride from WDSP.
    3) WoL replaced by Weather pavilion with 2 new rides (weather water coaster and Our Eyes in Outer Space animatronics show).
    4) Imagination and UoE redone (Trackless ride for imagination, open image works upstairs, replace captain EO with design attraction.
    5) Mission Space expanded into Space Pavilion with moon walk attraction and Space Station X Restaurant.

Animal Kingdom
    6) Beastly Kingdom added to Animal Kingdom.
    7) Dinoland USA demolished and turned into a realistic representation of the world when Dinosaurs roamed the earth (New attractions include autopia style jungle jeep ride, Mammoth log flume ride, and renovated Dinosaur).
    8) WoC style water show added to Animal Kingdom.
    9) African haunted mansion style ride put in Africa.

Hollywood Studios
    10) Hollywood Studios completely revamped.
    11) Divide park into studios: Lucas Studios (Eco lake- New York St), Muppet Studios (Muppetvision and HISTK play area), Pixar Studios (Pixar place- LMA/ backlot tour), Television Studios (Sunset Blvd), Walt Disney Studios (Animation courtyard and backstage area), and MGM Studios (Entrance - GMR).
    12) Move American Idol to the plot of land next to RnRC so that the area now represents Television shows.
    13) Beauty Beast show replaced by Televisions greatest moments show where Mickey and the Fab five recreate scenes from iconic Televsion shows (Twilight Zone, Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, Star Trek, Giligan's Island, Zorro, Mouseketeers, Lost, ect).
    14) Lucas Studios adds Indiana Jones log flume ride (where Eco Lake and Sounds dangerous are), Adventurers Club, Speeder bike roller coaster through endor forest (with ewok village play ground below and in the area surrounding star Tours).
    15) Muppet Studios adds Doctor Teeth and the Electric Maynem restaurant and Muppet Studios playground (where HISTK is).
    16) Retheme LMA to include Cars characters set in Radiator Springs.
    17) Add an UP blimp (house) ride (similar to the ride designed for Discovery Bay at Disneyland but on an adventure with Mr. fredrickson, Doug, and Russel) where the entrance/ queue for the backlot tour is.
    18) Add a toon town area behind voyage of the little mermaid (includes Epic Mickey ride, Donald's navy boat ride, and a bunch of meet and greet areas).
    19) Refurb/ replace facades that are cheap.

20) A resort wide refresh to fix the major broken effects (Yeti I'm looking at you).
    21) Resort wide monorail extensions.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Nic

Re: Possible Resort-Wide Expansion Including Monorails, Epcot, DAK, DTD, & a 5th Gate

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Building a fith gate would be as smart as America building new roads right next to the rotting crumbly ones they have now instead of fixing them. You want to doom DHS and Animal Kingdom? Build a fith gate. It's not going to happen. Not even the dunderheads in TDO would be dumb enough to think that they actually need a 5th gate (probably only because they don't actually want to spend any money).

Monorail plans have been "on the drawing board" since WDW was first being developed. It hasn't happened yet, it's not gonna happen ever IMO. Too expensive, unless government regulations make it more financially beneficial to take the buses off the streets.

Do I see the dunderheads at TDO building more Resorts? Yep most definetely because even if attendance is down they still think that hotels are a better investment than the parks. Can someone please tell them the reason that DLP failed?

EPCOT
    2) 3 new rides in WS (Mt. fugi, Brazil jungle bird ride, and ratatouille ride from WDSP.
    3) WoL replaced by Weather pavilion with 2 new rides (weather water coaster and Our Eyes in Outer Space animatronics show).
    4) Imagination and UoE redone (Trackless ride for imagination, open image works upstairs, replace captain EO with design attraction.
    5) Mission Space expanded into Space Pavilion with moon walk attraction and Space Station X Restaurant.

Animal Kingdom
    7) Dinoland USA demolished and turned into a realistic representation of the world when Dinosaurs roamed the earth (New attractions include autopia style jungle jeep ride, Mammoth log flume ride, and renovated Dinosaur).

Hollywood Studios
    11) Divide park into studios: Lucas Studios (Eco lake- New York St), Muppet Studios (Muppetvision and HISTK play area), Pixar Studios (Pixar place- LMA/ backlot tour), Television Studios (Sunset Blvd), Walt Disney Studios (Animation courtyard and backstage area), and MGM Studios (Entrance - GMR).
    12) Move American Idol to the plot of land next to RnRC so that the area now represents Television shows.
    13) Beauty Beast show replaced by Televisions greatest moments show where Mickey and the Fab five recreate scenes from iconic Televsion shows (Twilight Zone, Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, Star Trek, Giligan's Island, Zorro, Mouseketeers, Lost, ect).
    14) Lucas Studios adds Indiana Jones log flume ride (where Eco Lake and Sounds dangerous are), Adventurers Club, Speeder bike roller coaster through endor forest (with ewok village play ground below and in the area surrounding star Tours).
    15) Muppet Studios adds Doctor Teeth and the Electric Maynem restaurant and Muppet Studios playground (where HISTK is).
    17) Add an UP blimp (house) ride (similar to the ride designed for Discovery Bay at Disneyland but on an adventure with Mr. fredrickson, Doug, and Russel) where the entrance/ queue for the backlot tour is.
    18) Add a toon town area behind voyage of the little mermaid (includes Epic Mickey ride, Donald's navy boat ride, and a bunch of meet and greet areas).

20) A resort wide refresh to fix the major broken effects (Yeti I'm looking at you).
    Yes! First ideas I've seen for DHS that I love!
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Minion

totally agree with you here, a fifth gate should be nowhere near their radar at this point, there is so much they have to do to the other four and DTD first.

EPCOT
    1) if i had to pick two countries it would be Brazil and Spain but its been seen that to fill WS it would take 5 countries. my 5 in this order would be Brazil, Spain, New Zealand (because australia would be repped in AK), Russia, and South Africa (which works because Morocco represents the north, AK Africa represents the middle, and this would represent the south).
    2) this all sounds fine as long as its 1. informative about the country in the epcot style and 2. fully enclosed indoors so the sound and visuals don't detract from the calm of the WS.
    3) I would personally like to see a new body pavilion as it is a great subject but anything there would be nice.
    4) no brainer but i would like another 3-d movie in place of EO not another attraction, every disney park has to have a great 3D movie.
    5) i love this but i don't think a space restaurant is in the cards seeing all of the restaurants already in the park.

Animal Kingdom
    6) in place of avatar definitely.
    7) meh i dont think its of the highest priority but it would be nice.
    8) yes
    9) the one thing i really don't agree with. a classic dark ride doesn't fit here, period.
    *i would add in too the addition of Australia and moving the lion king theater to behind Africa because its a great show and camp minnie mickey would be gone when beastly kingdom comes in.*

Hollywood Studios
    12) this is a bad call, American Idol belongs in the ABC studios area, adding it to sunset blvd would hurt the feel of one of the best themed areas in any park.
    13) i think there should be a new stage show for sure but not this, possibly bringing in a disney broadway project like newsboys, that would fit really well in that area in my opinion.
    14) drew carrey's should be taken over by a ABC related attraction to fill up the rest of that land. there would be room for the log flume if they closed the backlot express and used it as an entrance to an expansion where one half could be indiana jones and the other half star wars additions.
    15) i like mama melrose's change to a muppet restaurant and then turn pizza planet into a muppet show, the backlot theater into the great muppet movie ride, and the area would be complete with part of the pizza planet area saved for a rizzo QS. The playground though should change too bugs life and be a part of pixar place though as it would be an easier transition and pizza planet could go in the studio catering company. high octane refreshments could become the bucket food place from bugs life.
    16) don't do this, it would ruin the show. i would move the backlot tour into a new area and bring in radiator springs racers in its current location along with the monsters inc door coaster in the unused building and a walkthrough UP house in between.
    18) love this idea

no brainers

theres also some work to do at MK and especially at DTD but so far so good.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

All of your guys ideas sound pretty good and tempting...but as Bronco said, we don't know how old some of these plans are, that being said I hope at least 3 of them are true!
    IF I WAS TDO My priorities would be:
    1:Fix/Expand DHS
    2:Make the adjustments to DTD whereas it could almost function as a 5th gate with drawing people in with entertainment day AND NIGHT! this would bring more profit into the area making it a more viable option than adding a whole other park
    3:Add to WS and give EPCOT the refresh it deserves
    4:Add Monorail Transit, with this I could bump up some of the profits by saying that now the nearby hotels could be considered "monorail properties"
    5:With DAK I'd hate to say it, but the expansion that this rumor may be implying is the go ahead for Avatarland

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR A 5th GATE!!! my thoughts are FIX what you got now, then you can START to think about a 5th gate!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Program

Quote Originally Posted by A113PoCfan View Post

Disney's Hollywood Studios is Phase Two. The Hollywood Boulevard will be beatified and the hat will be shipped to the Museum of Disney Theme Park Failures. The Great Movie Ride will get a huge refurb as well. Sunset Boulevard will become a actual 1940's Hollywood street. The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster will close
    I stopped reading just about there.
    You don't remove one of the most popular rides in the whole park. You might not like it, but many more people do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12