Lightbulb New Stitch Attraction Replacing SGE and BLSRS

Its no secret that people dont like SGE. I personally dont have a vendetta with it, but i can admit that it doesnt do Stitch justice. Buzz Lightyear is fun and engaging however, Buzz - in "toy" form - doesnt fit in tomorrowland and the ride needs an upgrade anyway. With these two things in mind i figured you can replace Buzz with a Stitch attraction that uses something more along the lines of Monsters Inc Ride and Go Seek where the object of the ride is to board the omnimover and find Stitch on the ship using flashlights.

I have 2 variations of the attraction's story
    • You're working with Gantu as it follows the plot of the movie right after stitch escapes on the ship and you have to find him with the flash light as he appears all over the ship. At the end you see Stitch Steal the cruiser (the red one) and blast off to Flo-ri-da
    • You are again working with Gantu or Jumba (depending on which you will be either cadets or the help), however, the plot is changed from the movie where instead of just finding Stitch, you have to find him and his multitude of cousins as there palying hide and seek to either annoy gantu or game with Jumba all over the ship.

The animatronic Buzz can be replaced with Gantu or Jumba. The ride would feature animatronics of corse however, some of the backgrounds may be screens simply to give more depth as space is limitted in the show building. I think it would be cool if you could bring most of the effects from SGE to the omnimover such as the the lasers, 3D sound, smells, and maybe give the vehicles a vibration to imply Stitch or one of his cousins jumping on your car.

thoughts? Is it actually possible withought having to completely rip out the show building?

• Tokyo Disney Sea Cast

Re: New Stitch Attraction Replacing SGE and BLSRS

So is this a rip-off of monsters inc. ride and go seek?
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

• Musical Fireman

Not to be rude but Stitch has nothing to do with the future, he is not even on tv anymore. I say redo the infastructure of the place and do a entirely new ride atleast based on TRON now that would be cool.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SparkChaser View Post
    Not to be rude but Stitch has nothing to do with the future, he is not even on tv anymore. I say redo the infastructure of the place and do a entirely new ride atleast based on TRON now that would be cool.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA
    I was trying to go with the Sci-fi version of tomorrowland. Kind of like the one that was proposed for Tokyo in which aliens would fit in quite well. Technically, if you wanted to be specific to "the future" Tron doesnt fit because it took place in the present. However Tron does fit sci-fi. As for Stitch not being on TV anymore, I'd like to assume that he's a pretty popular character reguardless. I dont necessarily remember new episodes of the Little Mermaid animated series airing in the past few years. Tron would be an E-ticket and while i totally agree that a ride should be made, my concept is a totally different ride class. To clarify, this isnt me arguing i was just stating my view, of course I'm only 15 so im sure i'm tunnel visioned. And I cant help but to think that even if Stitch were'nt popular, this would at least be a little better than SGE. and i think for your Tron, you may want to repurpose and expand upon CoP's building

---------- Post added 07-20-2012 at 04:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    So is this a rip-off of monsters inc. ride and go seek?
    In short yes. But it's no more of a rip off than RSR to TT. I wanted something that wouldnt be out of the way to build as it would fit pretty snug in the Buzz building, and though it uses a similar ride system it has a different theme, and a different cast etc. And you make it sound like a carbon copy, i consider generation 2 of the system as it would be spliced with some SGE mechanics to it. Sorry if you didnt like it.

I think this a cool concept, but I don't see how it will fit Tomorrowland well. One of the biggest complaints of the current Tomorrowland in MK is the ride being themed to Pixar and aliens. Think about it, in a realistic future are we going to help action figures fight plywood aliens? Are monsters going to sit around telling us jokes? Are people going to work as extra security in an alien organization?

Your fighting fire with fire. You want to re-theme an out of themed ride to something that's also out of theme. I don't think your concept is bad at all, it just does not fit the idea of Tomorrowland very well.

Your idea is realistic though and maybe could be realized elsewhere.

I see, but i tend to believe that Tomorrowland doesnt have to fit the "realistic future" mold because that is something that EPCOT's Future World should do. Reguardless, where else would this attration really fit?

I don't really know. Maybe DHS? Seems like this should be a DisneyQuest thing if you ask me.

Well that rises the question of where it would fit in DHS.Im assuming you're kidding about DisneyQuest

Nope, sounds like more of an interactive game you would find at DisneyQuest, not a ride that's out of theme no matter where you put it. Not that it would not be fun at all, just not an actual Disney theme park ride.

• Tokyo Disney Sea Cast

Quote Originally Posted by Omegadiz View Post
    I was trying to go with the Sci-fi version of tomorrowland. Kind of like the one that was proposed for Tokyo in which aliens would fit in quite well. Technically, if you wanted to be specific to "the future" Tron doesnt fit because it took place in the present. However Tron does fit sci-fi. As for Stitch not being on TV anymore, I'd like to assume that he's a pretty popular character reguardless. I dont necessarily remember new episodes of the Little Mermaid animated series airing in the past few years. Tron would be an E-ticket and while i totally agree that a ride should be made, my concept is a totally different ride class. To clarify, this isnt me arguing i was just stating my view, of course I'm only 15 so im sure i'm tunnel visioned. And I cant help but to think that even if Stitch were'nt popular, this would at least be a little better than SGE. and i think for your Tron, you may want to repurpose and expand upon CoP's building

---------- Post added 07-20-2012 at 04:29 AM ----------

In short yes. But it's no more of a rip off than RSR to TT. I wanted something that wouldnt be out of the way to build as it would fit pretty snug in the Buzz building, and though it uses a similar ride system it has a different theme, and a different cast etc. And you make it sound like a carbon copy, i consider generation 2 of the system as it would be spliced with some SGE mechanics to it. Sorry if you didnt like it.

I like the idea but wasn't buzz and monsters inc connected??? I believe stitch was placed in the opposite part of the ride
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    I like the idea but wasn't buzz and monsters inc connected??? I believe stitch was placed in the opposite part of the ride
    Well, yes they're connected in the sense that their in the same building. Stitch's great escape would be removed.