• keep moving forward...

migitmouses walt disney world trip report:)

Micechatters...
    I guess what made this trip so amazing was the fact that we weren’t able to make it last year, so maybe this trip was even better because of that.
    This is going to be a hard trip report for me to write, mostly because I don’t know where to begin… so at 11:11 last Tuesday night I wished that we would have the best trip to WDW we possibly could, I know that some people make wishes at 11:11 everynight because it is the magic number… I am one of those people, anyway… we got up the next morning and it looked absoulutely horrible outside… it was foggy, cold, and very wet outside… I didn’t see that there was much of a chance we were going to get more then 5 rides done that day because it was peak season and the parks were already filling up… we went anyway because we had my little cousin with us who had never been to the parks. When we finally reached the parks the parking lot was just about filled up to go to the magic kingdom the monorails were jam packed so we took the fairy boat to the park. My sisters and I rushed ahead to make reservations for lunch at the castle only to find out that it is now a character meal and guests are asked to make reservations up to 6 months in advance, needless to say we didn’t get a spot… we headed over to fantasyland and did the few rides we wanted there…
    Philhar Magic- wow… what an amazing show, this is very well put together and is defitently one of the best 3-D shows I have ever seen.

It’s a small world- there was something really different about this ride, I think it might have gotten a refurbishment since I last went on it but I really didn’t recognize the smiley face clock in back of the loading area… is this from Disneyland?

Splash mountain- This ride is still my close favorite, I never get bored of the amazing detail of this ride

Thunder mountain- I was a little shakey about going on one of my old favorites after hearing about what happened in Disneyland, the lines were probably the longest I experienced while I was at the park.

Barnstormer at mickeys toon town- this ride wasn’t my first choice, but my little cousin had wanted to go on it… this was the longest I had ever waited in line for a kids coaster, an hour and 10 miniutes… but at the end there were a pair of 50th ears waiting for us so that made it worth while.

Stitches great… (wait… cross that out) not so great escape- with such a wonderful trip to the parks(probably the best ever) me and the rest of my family thought it was horrible... my grandmother... who might just be the kindest person i have ever known... even said it was very uncreative and rude, i admit the animatronc was amazing, but the story and the way it was thought out wasnt done right... it was just random havoc, no heart, no story... and a very bad smell

Carousel of progress- i was extremely surprised and delighted to see that Carousel of progress was up and running... i went into the ride knowing it just might be my last time...and it was very enjoyable... i hadnt seen the show in atleast 7 years and i actually got most of the jokes... my dad kept eye contact with me for the ride and it was as if he felt that way about his own life... esspecially with the part about "rover... dont interupt when sarah is interupting" but i was truely un impressed with the condition of the ride and it showed many signs of the show being in its last season... if you are wanting to see this show one last time... i suggest you do it as soon as you can. the seats looked absoulutely horrible... the theatre was trashed, and it did not look like it was one of the parks "classic attractions" and for the one ride that walt really saw all the way through and truely treated it like his brainchild... this is not good!

Haunted mansion- this ride had incredibly long lines all day long, we got luckey and only waited for about 45 minuites to ride. The ride was great as usual, and my mom claims that my little cousins face as they entered the ride was truly priceless (he was completely overwhelmed by it and had no idea what was going on, a lot of the ride scared him…then she finally convinced him that it was all an illusion and he was pretty much o.k.)

The flying carpets of Aladdin- this ride was used as another filler in between rides for my little cousin, he very much enjoyed it but I experienced a strange feeling of it being done before (gee… getting on a ride, having it go up and down in the air, this ride is so… so simillir)

Pirates of the carribean- again… like with COP I went on this ride knowing this would be my last time before something happenened to the ride that changed it for good… I strangely had a revelation about the Johnny depp topic during the ride… if its only a couple of animatronics and it doesn’t change the true heart of the ride, then there cant be a problem with it… but for some it is unessesary… as I looked at my cousins reactions to this ride during its progress… he wasn’t bored at all, and this possibly was his favorite ride, he didn’t realize it was dated… and that, to me… is the point of disneyworld… being immersed in a different world… and if a ride needs to have something added to it to bring it back to life a little bit then that is ok… in a way, the refurb coming up in February is saving the ride, and going along with walts original philosophy that the rides and park will never be completed… as long as it isn’t ‘under new management” then I guess that’s ok with me.

The jungle cruise- wow… what a great ride… normally we skip this because its very predictable but im very glad we went on this ride this time… the particular boat we were on got stuck in the caves right next to the snake… at first we thought it was part of the ride… but when the skipper shut off the engine and started improvising with the audience we knew something was up…the skipper began talking over the microphone with my family because we were right there in front of him… at one point he began talking with one of our guests who lives in new york… and you can imagine how that turned out… “where are you from?” new york”… “im sorry…” “new york” “yes… I said I was sorry”… this conversation ended with a rousing rendition of “Yankees suck” she thought it was really very funny and she went along with it very well. In the end another boat came with the “jungle cruise rescue team” and they tugged us out of the cave and back to the dock

The night ended with another ride on thunder and our 11:03 fast passes on space mountain… both rides were amazing and we even got a second showing of spectro magic in… this day was truly amazing and I would do it again in a heartbeat… though the crowds were absoulutely insane, we all handled ourselves very well and got on all of the rides we had wanted to. I consider this to be the best day at any Disney park I have ever experienced and it only got better… as we sat at the tommorrowland terrace eating our icecream and watching the second showing of spectromagic I truly thought that nothing can make this day more complete… at one point during the parade my mom came up to me and asked if my allergies were really bothering me that day (I had gone on every ride teary eyed and sounding very congested) and for the first time that day there were tears coming from my eyes not just because the wind was blowing in my face and it was causing my allergies to go nuts.

As we exited the park that one last thing happenend that truly made the entire night, we started making our way down mainstreet… my little cousin and everybody else completely wiped out… and it started snowing, that extra bit of magic really did complete everything. This may just be my last WDW trip for a couple of years seeing as most of the reason they kept returning every year is now 17, my sister is grown up and in college, the girl that we normally take is in her teenage years of “its not magic… its cheap, and my parents think that the parks have served theyre purpose… but we still had one day at the parks left and that ended just as well, if not better then this did…

• keep moving forward...

Re: migitmouses walt disney world trip report:)

i will probably post my epcot report tommorrow if i have the time

• keep moving forward...

aaaannnnd aparently noone cares.... ok then

• Former Epcot CM

Aww don't say that it was a nice trip report lol.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• The one, the only...

I got to go on the Carousel of Progress this December too. I rode the attraction as a boy, so it brought back many memories. I enjoyed it and it looked like most around me did too.

The seat condition could be fixed if they spend a little money.

The original ride had a light box display that constantly changed color. It was an amazing display for a child. Many people in the seventies copied the idea so it became very much a 70's thing, but Walt was the first.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Senior Minion

Migitmouse, please post the rest of your trip. Not that I need pictures but do you have any to post? I would love to see them, and I believe most people would love to see them as well.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.