Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: What's next for Epcot after Test Track refurb?

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    If they were to add anything new, I think the 30th Anniversary of Epcot happening tomorrow would be the right stage to announce.
    disney has never announced a new attraction at a park celebration. Disney like most companies wants to get the most bang for their buck. They want the media to cover the 30th anniversary, then at a later date and time Disney will drag the media out and announce something like new BENCHES at fantasmic
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    then at a later date and time Disney will drag the media out and announce something like new BENCHES at fantasmic
    Maybe after Test Track we will get the all new Experiment Prototype Cushions of Tomorrow for our enjoyment while watching Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Maybe after Test Track we will get the all new Experiment Prototype Cushions of Tomorrow for our enjoyment while watching Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.
    ROFL ROFL ROFL... indeed!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I'm tired of the senseless negativity. Why do you come to a forum for the park if you obviously despise the company?

Fantasy Land, Test Track, Avatar Land, DHS Expansion (very likely in the works). Yet, I still have to hear this bizarre narrative from anti-fans about how they won't spend a dime on WDW. Obviously, nothing else for Epcot planed right now, but if this is just another forum for anti-fans to muddle in their own bitterness, I think I'll leave you to do that on your own. I don't even think hardcore Star Trek fans are this annoyingly doom and gloom all the time. Sorry, but I don't derive enjoyment from hate and bitterness.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB Dash View Post
    I'm tired of the senseless negativity. Why do you come to a forum for the park if you obviously despise the company?

Fantasy Land, Test Track, Avatar Land, DHS Expansion (very likely in the works). Yet, I still have to hear this bizarre narrative from anti-fans about how they won't spend a dime on WDW. Obviously, nothing else for Epcot planed right now, but if this is just another forum for anti-fans to muddle in their own bitterness, I think I'll leave you to do that on your own. I don't even think hardcore Star Trek fans are this annoyingly doom and gloom all the time. Sorry, but I don't derive enjoyment from hate and bitterness.
    There you go again assuming so much.

This park is a MESS. If they do not get it together, and soon, the public (outside of us fans) will catch on, grow tired of seeing the SAME THING, and then it will really get ugly. It is a complete babble in comparison to the cohesion and sense it once clearly communicated.

It is so sad...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Ok so here is my business savvy realist view of what is next for EPCOT

1. Captain EO replacement - This will be something that is pushed out to WDW, DLR, TDL, DLP. (EST Timeline to replacement: 2 years)
    2. Ellen's Energy Adventure - Something will replace this (EST Timeline to replacement: 6 - 7 yeras)
    3. New Soarin' Film - Something that will be pushed out to WDW, DLR, and Shangha. (EST Timeline to replacement: 4- 5 years)
    4. Rattouille Clone from DLP - this will replace Impresssion De France (EST Timeline to replacement: 5 - 7 years)

Those are the only things I can see really on the radar for this park in the foreseeable future.

• Closed Account

Impressions De France is fine. Good grief, we don't need to hawk random Pixar films in World Showcase. This is why I'm glad we have Imagineers. The hardcore fans' ideas are absolutely horrendous.

And again I don't get the logic of spending money to gut existing attractions when there are spaces at the park that are unused!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Impressions De France is fine. Good grief, we don't need to hawk random Pixar films in World Showcase. This is why I'm glad we have Imagineers. The hardcore fans' ideas are absolutely horrendous.

And again I don't get the logic of spending money to gut existing attractions when there are spaces at the park that are unused!
    This isn't a hardcore fan idea, but simpy what is probably going to happen.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Those spaces remain unused for a reason, they spread crowds too far and reduce revenue per square foot. It is a symptom of the same shift in business model that would likely shove something like the Ratatouille attraction into the France Pavilion, more riders and more merchandise than is generated by Impressions de France. It really has nothing to do with being creative or the Imagineers, these types of decisions are not made by them. They are made by the people who operate the park, who are required to operate it under a different business model than that which established Disney as a premier brand in themed entertainment.

After watching Nemo 3D yesterday, I was thinking a lot on epcot and how they horrible glued the movie's characters to the living seas, that was butchered just to add this.

The adds of the outside of the building is beautiful I enjoy the seagulls, but inside is very nasty and cheap.

I remember that before the changes it was always full, but when Nemo came (at least the times I was there) it was nearly empty and the people looked bored, and the only thing they do is to take pics of the fish, and toddlers saying "look at Dori" but you can watch something similar at a restaurant like rainforest cafe witch ironically have more animatronics than some Disney rides.

I remember kindly the small kid of museum about submarine evolution they had, it was very interesting and many people were reading the banners, is so sad that it was replaced by a proyector image that just scream "Nemmoooooooo" all the time.
    Last edited by Sapphire-Light; 10-01-2012 at 06:45 PM.

• WDW will always be home.

So I want to respond to some of the other things that were said recently, but real quick - one thing to come out of today's D23 presentation that is quite pertinent to this discussion... Marty Sklar suggested not so subtly that we will see a lot of activity and re-conceptualization in Future World in the near future. I don't think this was Marty telling the crowd what we wanted to hear, because he was pretty blunt in telling us that Horizons & Imagination 1.0 are gone forever, and that there will never again be anything upstairs in Imagination where Image Works used to be.

Also, for the record, the three things that Marty hates:
    1. The new Epcot logo
    2. Kodak
    3. Iran

(I'll just leave that out of context because it's more fun that way
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    So I want to respond to some of the other things that were said recently, but real quick - one thing to come out of today's D23 presentation that is quite pertinent to this discussion... Marty Sklar suggested not so subtly that we will see a lot of activity and re-conceptualization in Future World in the near future. I don't think this was Marty telling the crowd what we wanted to hear, because he was pretty blunt in telling us that Horizons & Imagination 1.0 are gone forever, and that there will never again be anything upstairs in Imagination where Image Works used to be.

Also, for the record, the three things that Marty hates:
    1. The new Epcot logo
    2. Kodak
    3. Iran

(I'll just leave that out of context because it's more fun that way
    Sadly for us "pragmatic" folks we have accepted that Imagination will NEVER return, along with the Adventurer's club.

I have often said we just need to move forward, and hopefully there is some vision and direction that they are going to take.

I do think that the refurbed Test Track will give us an idea on the direction that they are going to be going.

• Metro-Retro Historian

I'm not an Orlando person, so how is that Test Track thing coming? I know the upgrades are mostly internal and any changes to the facade will likely be the last thing to happen, but new Fantasyland seems to be completely stealing all the coverage. That is if there is any news. ...the scaffolding is still there isn't it. <sigh>
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I'm not an Orlando person, so how is that Test Track thing coming? I know the upgrades are mostly internal and any changes to the facade will likely be the last thing to happen, but new Fantasyland seems to be completely stealing all the coverage. That is if there is any news. ...the scaffolding is still there isn't it. <sigh>
    I was at Epcot this past weekend, and the walls are still up around the exterior, no work was going on, on the weekend.

But I assume it is all on track.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast