Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Country Bear Jamboree to be edited down!!!!

If they cut little Buford's song I may never see it again... it was always my favorite song of the show, once I was old enough to understand it. I'm going down next month, and it closes the second day of my trip, so it is my day one priority.
    WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Whenever I'm at the show, everyone laughs at the Little Buford song (which is probably my favorite bit in the show beside "Blood on the Saddle"). People are just to overly sensitive these days. The tiniest thing will offend someone. It's ridiculous. Suck it up and grow a backbone, people! This is why as a whole, I hate the human race.

I find the song quite humorous. I know I was laughing my buttocks off when I first heard that song.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• WDW will always be home.

Completely unnecessary and counterproductive deletion. I'm all for new and innovative quality attractions. Can we please have more of those instead of screwing around with the classic attractions?
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    Except Disney didn't just decide to shorten the Tiki Room. We got a shortened classic Tiki Room because The Tiki Room UNM caught fire and Iago was permanently damaged. Due to the unpopularity of UNM, the decision was made to bring back a modified version of the original rather than pay to rebuild a relatively sophisticated animatronic. The modifications to the original show were made both due to the original's lack of success in Orlando relative to its Anaheim cousin (with the thought that a shorter version would be better received) and to save costs by not rebuilding some of the effects from the original show.

That logic doesn't apply here, as CBJ remains very popular in Orlando. Modifying the show to shorten it would be an added expense as it would require additional labor and would not be a cost-saving measure as it was for Tiki Room. The only logic that could be behind a decision to shorten the show would be a need to increase its hourly capacity, but CBJ isn't crowded enough to warrant that.

Quite frankly, I don't find this rumor very plausible. Absent a compelling reason (and I don't think there is one), it's cheaper, easier, and less likely to upset guests to just leave CBJ as is.
    I fully agree with this post.

I can't see them shortening the show, for all the reasons mentioned above.

Gee lets see. That song has been around since the show premiered and parents are just now concerned about it if thats the case? *rolls eyes at stupid parents*. They probably saw the show as a kid and loved it. I am so sick of all this politically correct garbage. It's just for a laugh and if its been around this long and hasn't bothered or caused any harm to anyone then leave it alone. The end. Sorry for rant I am just tired of all the original disney stuff thats good being taken out or destroyed.

Not to be rude, but do we have a legitimate source that it's being edited down? Or that Little Buford's song is really being removed? And that it's because of overly sensitive parents complaining? Seems like just a bunch of hearsay and assumptions to me...

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

The PC Brigade strikes again. :|

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I wish this wasn't considered "news" if there's no source to follow up on it. It should just be rumor until proven by Disney itself.

Just saying.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Santana View Post
    Not to be rude, but do we have a legitimate source that it's being edited down? Or that Little Buford's song is really being removed? And that it's because of overly sensitive parents complaining? Seems like just a bunch of hearsay and assumptions to me...
    No we don't - the OP seems to love to post something he read as a rumor as 'official' elsewhere.

The rumor seems mostly to be stemming from the same source so far.. with little detail. To prounouce it's 'official' is just misleading.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    No we don't - the OP seems to love to post something he read as a rumor as 'official' elsewhere.

The rumor seems mostly to be stemming from the same source so far.. with little detail. To prounouce it's 'official' is just misleading.
    Not to be rude but I'm no OP I've only been to the parks 3 times in my life and I would never write a rumor and regard it as news, though the last time something like happened was when I first joined. I must have been a little hasty as I read the article in the morning and if it just a crazy rumor I apologize for misleading everyone. Just wanted to clear it up and once again I write this with complete respect to all.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkChaser View Post
    Not to be rude but I'm no OP I've only been to the parks 3 times in my life
    OP just means "Original Poster." For this thread, you are the OP by definition.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    OP just means "Original Poster." For this thread, you are the OP by definition.
    Heh heh, guess I need to brush up on my Micechat glossary huh.

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Characters are my friends

I'll definitely be going on the 21st, just in case
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Work permits were filed this week for commencement at CBJ. Not sure if Buford is gonna get whooped for the final time, but the permit was filed.
    -Bill

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast