Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Metro-Retro Historian

Re: Country Bear Jamboree to be edited down!!!!

It's getting so a Pirate can't even chase wenches anymore.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    It's getting so a Pirate can't even chase wenches anymore.
    ...or a skipper can't shoot at charging hippos. Or they can't cut off your hand in Agrabah. (...OK, that last one's a little harsh.)
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Work permits were filed this week for commencement at CBJ. Not sure if Buford is gonna get whooped for the final time, but the permit was filed.
    Here's a piece of wild speculation with absolutely no reliable source information to base it on. You know, how we generally operate. They've filed permits so they can install the Christmas version of the show because that part of the year is coming up in a couple months.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Here's a piece of wild speculation with absolutely no reliable source information to base it on. You know, how we generally operate. They've filed permits so they can install the Christmas version of the show because that part of the year is coming up in a couple months.
    It generally takes two weeks to overlay the show change audio tracks, costumes ect. Its understandable that the Haunted Mansion goes down for the Holdiday overlay since it also fits Halloween. Why schedule a closure during October? When it only takes two weeks to swap shows.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

I know we all hate unsubstantiated rumors, but I wouldn't want to get my friend in trouble, he works there. They were told nothing was definite yet, but the general plan is to cut it to 12 minutes by removing Trixie, Bunny Bubbles and Beula, and Big Al. Since those are three of my favorite acts, I hope that this is just a nasty rumor. I trust my source, but would LOVE to be proven wrong here.

Seriously, if they change it, I don't think I can handle going in ever again.
    WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by DancinBelle View Post
    I know we all hate unsubstantiated rumors, but I wouldn't want to get my friend in trouble, he works there. They were told nothing was definite yet, but the general plan is to cut it to 12 minutes by removing Trixie, Bunny Bubbles and Beula, and Big Al. Since those are three of my favorite acts, I hope that this is just a nasty rumor. I trust my source, but would LOVE to be proven wrong here.

Don't say that I might wind up getting into the Haunted Mansion early!!!! Cutting that much out of the show will leave no show at all.

Anyway lesson lived, lesson learned If I read something on the Disney news sights if it is only mentioned I shall list it as a rumor. I'm very sorry for stirring this thread up with nonsense we don't even know whats really going on in Grizzly Hall.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Minion

Gosh, those are strange places to cut if it's true. Both are iconic audience favorites. You could cut the Fractured Folk Song, How Long will my Baby be Gone, and some of the instrumental breaks, and most people probably wouldn't even notice. You've got to wonder about people's judgment sometimes.

My only guess is that there is something wrong with those specific animatronic figures that would cost too much to fix. Trixie's eyes have been out of whack for a long time now. If they cut Big Al, they would have to change the finale... which seems really drastic.

We won't know for sure until it reopens, but i hope they get lazy and only switch the lighting to LEDs and clean up the audio. Tiki was closed a lot longer when they changed their show.
    WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

• Minion

My only guess is that there is something wrong with those specific animatronic figures that would cost too much to fix.
    Ah, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe we should call that The Iago Principle.

Oh, well, we'll always have this: Bunny Bubbles and Beulah Halloween costumes | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

• Dave

Blog Entries

At Least you got to keep yours!
    Dave

• (Not a) New User

I would think that cutting it down would serve no purpose. If the show's running continuously all day anyway, they're not saving much money. And if the show's longer, it'll give them more time to "collect" an audience per se. I mean, wouldn't they get less people in the show at once if they fill up the theater more frequently?

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    I would think that cutting it down would serve no purpose. If the show's running continuously all day anyway, they're not saving much money. And if the show's longer, it'll give them more time to "collect" an audience per se. I mean, wouldn't they get less people in the show at once if they fill up the theater more frequently?
    Shortening it is an attempt to make the show more likable to people.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• (Not a) New User

They wouldn't make it more likeable by ruining a classic. Are there any petitions against this yet? lol Wouldn't there would usually be one by now?
    Last edited by DisneyKid1994; 08-22-2012 at 08:39 PM.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• Minion

I've never seen anyone get up and leave. And the theater has been full any time I've been there. I've met people for whom it wasn't on their must-do list, but never anyone who found it unpleasant.

• Shubisha

I still don't understand this =P It's not like they're trying to push through a greater capacity they're just trying to fill it up more.. But not once have I heard someone ask how long it was and leave it's usually how long til the next show and then if it's more than 2 minutes they act like they just don't have the time to spare and will go stand in thunder mountain's line for an hour. :P

What I DO hear people still asking is if they're playing the Christmas version of the show during the season.

I'm sad they're getting rid of the 3 bears, I always got such a kick out of the bear's 'dirty look' face on the slideshow. "How DARE you look in my direction! I am SO offended!"

And getting rid of Big Al? I can't believe that until I see it. He's a staple. He owns the merchandise cart across the way. He's in every hoedown they have out front. Whoopie Goldberg raved about him on her visit to the Disney archive!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast