Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Country Bear Jamboree to be edited down!!!!

And usually, when asked about the CBJ, it's Big Al that most people remember. He's an iconic character in there...to cut him would be weird.

I've heard that most changes will be minor, one will be bigger.

• Banned User

If they get rid of Big Al and the others, they are ripping us off. That would be a neutered version of a classic show -- didn't they learn their lesson with that New Management crap??

• I'm a Lutheran

I don't mind Trixie's removal...but Big Al and the Sun Bonnets? Ooh, that'd be a heavy blow, especially Big Al. Even in California where the Country Bears weren't as popular, Big Al was always the biggest laugh, and always the biggest memory. "Another New Year wouldn't be quite as hard..." "Blood on the saddle and blood all around..." "I got lost on my way to your heart..." Who doesn't remember him? It'd also require a full redo of the finale...it'd be far too expensive to get new vocalists, so they'd have to rid of Big Al's voice from the song. Basically you'd probably have Henry come out and say "Hey, gang, hit it!" Then they'd go right into "Ole Slew Foot Sue" (minus Big Al and the Bonnets) and cutoff right before the blackout and Big Al getting tackled backstage.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Here's a piece of wild speculation with absolutely no reliable source information to base it on. You know, how we generally operate. They've filed permits so they can install the Christmas version of the show because that part of the year is coming up in a couple months.
    Ha ha, if only.
    -Bill

• Minion

TDO's stupid but not stupid enough to take out Big Al. He's the most well known character in the show, the one that gets merchandise and even has the gift shop named after him.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

This may be a dumb question, but I had this debate with a friend of mine. When Big Al is singing, and then laughs at the end of the song, his laugh really sounds like Thurston Ravenscroft, from the "Haunted Mansion". Since he was a Disney voice employee, I thought that maybe they just grabbed his laugh out of the archives someplace and added it to the end of the song. The singing part is not him, for sure about that, but the laugh really sounds like Ravenscroft's laugh.

Anybody know about this one way or the other?

Thanx

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bondfan2000 View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but I had this debate with a friend of mine. When Big Al is singing, and then laughs at the end of the song, his laugh really sounds like Thurston Ravenscroft, from the "Haunted Mansion". Since he was a Disney voice employee, I thought that maybe they just grabbed his laugh out of the archives someplace and added it to the end of the song. The singing part is not him, for sure about that, but the laugh really sounds like Ravenscroft's laugh.

Anybody know about this one way or the other?

Thanx
    Thurl Ravenscroft does the voice of Buff, the bison head on the wall. It's probably him you're hearing.

Oh, I didn't know that, thanx. No, I talking about that last little laugh when Big Al gets done singing, if you listen to it, it really sounds like Thurl Ravenscroft!
    And thanx for correcting his name, I thought it was Thurston! LOL

Check it out, let me know.

Thanx

• film975

It's always fun to find out who did what voice for Disney attractions and/or animated films. I just found out not too long ago that Thurl Ravenscroft did the vocal effects for Monstro in Pinocchio. It's funny because Leonard Maltin on the DVD commentary was wondering how they created the sound of that whale sneezing. Turns out it was Thurl's voice.

• Nic

Trixie is one of the funnest characters of the show, I'd be sad to here her go.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Trixie is one of the funnest characters of the show, I'd be sad to here her go.
    If she goes then we will "shed a tear for her wine".

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234