• Liberty Sqaure

5 22.73%
  • Frontierland

4 18.18%
  • Adventureland

3 13.64%

• Musical Fireman

Whats your favorite "Land" in MK?

My favorite land is Main Street USA. Sure it lost some nice little stuff like Center Street the Cinema and the Penny Arcade and I'll wish I saw it, but Think of what great stuff is still there and can be enjoyed in this quaint turn of the century New England city.

The Dapper Dan's still harmonize with the silvery tinkle of their Deagen Organ Chimes.

The Marching Band still keeps up the beat from Town Square to the Hub.

The band of musical train engineers still keeps their sweet tunes coming often joined by the fine Citizens of Main Street!!!!!!

The pianist at Casey's Corner still tickles the ivories.

The sweet hum of Main Street's "new fangled auto-cars" and the measured face of a horse-drawn streetcar.

You can still get a trim in the Harmony Barbershop. (I think is better in Town Square because thats was where the center of business was the the old days).

See some of more of the fine Main Street Citizens in the Trolley Show.

Oh how can I forget the ever moving and patriotic Flag Retreat Ceremony!!!!!

Plus the spirit of some old Main Street locals live on:

In Casey's Corner is a little theater that plays old Sport's themed cartoons (So in a sense THE CINEMA LIVES)!!!!

One day I was talking to Mayor Weaver about the Penny Arcade and he said some games are in the train depot (I FINALLY GOT TO USE A KINETO-SCOPE)!!!!!

I know it won't be the same to others but I'm still happy for Main Street and will be my favorite place.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA
    Last edited by SparkChaser; 07-25-2012 at 06:16 PM.

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Insomniac

Re: Whats your favorite "Land" in MK?

Being a Disneylander until I was 18, Magic Kingdom for the most part just makes me wish it had as many rides as Disneyland. Adventureland in Disneyland has a better Jungle Cruise (IMO because the long awkward temple/ cave scene is weird), Tiki Room (can't beat the original although the preshow is pretty fun), Indiana Jones Adventure (still one of the greatest rides Disney has ever made), and a crappier tree house with Tarzan/ gorilla statues. So Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom will always lose to Disneyland for me which makes it less magical. Tomorrowland at both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom is pretty much equally awful (but at least Magic Kingdom still has its people mover) so it is out. Fantasyland at Disneyland has my favorite ride of all time in the Matterhorn so Magic Kingdom's loses by a landslide (not to mention Disneyland has Storybookland, Pinochio, SWSA, Casy Junior Circus Train ride, and better facades). Fantasyland is still up in the air until after new fantasyland is complete, but currently it is out as my favorite. Main Street USA is always great, but there is not enough that is different (appart from the larger buildings) that makes me love it much more than Disneyland's so it's out for me. Frontierland is also out because Disneyland still has the canoes (but CBJ is still as awesome as always). That leaves Liberty Square, it wins for me because it is radically different from anything we have in Disneyland. Hall of the Presidents is classic, and although we have GMWML, it is just so breath takingly extravagant that it blows GMWML out of the water. Magic Kingdom's Mansion is also better than Disneylands.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• formerly very helpful

Another vote here for Liberty Square. Yes, it is different than anything we have at Disneyland. But more than that, it is, IMHO, the best, most immersive land in the park that takes me to another time and place. It is a land with a lived in look that makes me believe I'm in Colonial America. I just love even walking around and looking, without even riding anything. But then, Hall of Presidents and Haunted Mansion are there, and you don't get much better than those.

• Minion

When I was a kid, it was ALL ABOUT Tomorrowland, with Adventureland in second place. Adventureland has edged Tomorrowland out for me since then.

Adventureland MK after growing up in Adventureland DL is a bit of a downer, but I love the theming.

• Suspended

I have to say Frontierland. It has two of my favorite rides in any park (Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain). The train station is cool. As is Tom Sawyer Island.

In my opinion, there is nothing better than walking along the boardwalk, hearing the banjo playing around me in the late afternoon. It gives a very relaxing feeling even though it has most of the parks thrill rides.

I, too, voted for Frontier land, for the same reasons. I like finding a place to rest my feet, munch on M.M. ice cream bar, and do some people watching. Relaxing to me.

• -

It is a toss up between Liberty Square and Tomorrowland for me. Liberty Square has the immersion that is equally on par with New Orleans Square. However Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom makes me nostalgic for the Disneyland Tomorrowland of my youth. The rockets are up high, the Peoplemover is there. It just has an overall sense of motion that we are currently lacking at Disneyland.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Liberty square! Feels the most immersive and I love the HM building and grounds and the hall of presidents are awesome. In DL its adventureland but I am not that fond of MK's version.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Minion

Admittedly, Adventiureland doesn't have the cohesion it used to before they plopped the Aladdin spinner in the middle of the plaza.