Transportation from Miami to Orlando?

I'll be going on vacation visiting some family in Miami in a couple weeks, and I'll be making my first ever visit to Disney World while I'm in Florida. But I was wondering, BESIDES renting a car, what transportation options I have to get to Orlando from
    Miami (bus, train, etc.) Any help/advice is appreciated!

• Banned User

Re: Transportation from Miami to Orlando?

Quote Originally Posted by RickyTV View Post
    I'll be going on vacation visiting some family in Miami in a couple weeks, and I'll be making my first ever visit to Disney World while I'm in Florida. But I was wondering, BESIDES renting a car, what transportation options I have to get to Orlando from
    Miami (bus, train, etc.) Any help/advice is appreciated!
    You can do a shuttle bus, I think it will cost you around $50 to get from Miami to WDW for the trip down, the trip back would be another $30-50 depending on where and how you got back to the shuttle pickup points in Orlando. The down side of that is that you would be having to leave before 5:00am and would still only arrive at WDW around noon... so if you were planning on doing it as a quick day trip you've lost some prime park time in the process.

There is train service but the hours would be even worse. One train would get you there at about 1:30 in the afternoon the other would be around 7:30 at night... So unless you are planning on getting a hotel there a train isn't a good idea.

I would lean towards a rental car if at all possible, by car its about a 4 hour drive which isn't that bad. Using public transportation will add quite a bit of time and inconvenience to your trip.