Thread: Best time to go

Best time to go

I'm just wondering when is the best time to go. We are moving to fl this summer and won't really have the money so we plan on going in 07. We are buying the ap passes but my mom and nephew plan on flying over from mt and i just just wondering when would be a good time. My mom can't take no time off in Nov and Dec.

• Banned User

Re: Best time to go

IMHO... Oct has been the best time to go to WDW... pleasant weather and thinner crowds. Also...the first 2 weeks in Nov are ok, then.. the first 2 weeks in Dec so you can catch all of the Xmas decor and stuff before the maddening crowds of Xmas arrive.

• Banned User

Also, buy your annual passes before the last day of the year, as the prices go up on Jan 1st.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Go Super Bowl Sunday. I did once and the crowds were light... because everyone was home watching the game!

Best time to go?

Anytime you feel like it.

• Screenwriter for NLF

I have to agree. Going around the Fall season seems to be the best. It's not too hot and definitly not cold. It's just right to hit the water rides and not be freezing when you get off. And if you have to stand in lines you won't be dying from the heat. And Christmas season is also a great time to go since the Christmas decorations are everywhere and help make the park look even more magical.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Movie news, review, and free indpendent short films at: http://www.newlineagefilms.com

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Since you mentioned the holidays really weren't an option, another time of year is January/Febuary. The weather isn't humid yet, you will probably need a light jacket but the crowds are very light at that time.

Hope you have a great time though and welcome to Florida!

• Banned User

we went once on new years day and the park was rather quiet because everyone was watching bowl games. however lots of people have figured out the superbowl sunday bit and I heard from a friend of mine that last year's superbowl sunday was busy. I myself didn't go , but he said that there were 50 minute and up waits for e-ticket rides. The last time I was at the MK with my family was in may the week before memorial day and we didn't have to wait for much of anything at MK. the only thing they really had to wait for was test track in epcot and they did wait for about 50 minutes.

• Former CM

Personally I like early Dec right between the holidays due to light crowds. My second choice though is early Jan for the same reasons, but that doesn't work with my wife's schedule.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

How about if you HAVE to go during peak season? ie when kids are out of school?

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    IMHO... Oct has been the best time to go to WDW... pleasant weather and thinner crowds. Also...the first 2 weeks in Nov are ok, then.. the first 2 weeks in Dec so you can catch all of the Xmas decor and stuff before the maddening crowds of Xmas arrive.
    October used to be the best time to go, but the word got out!! The Mickey's NOt so Scary Halloween Party and the International Food and Wine Festival bring a lot of people to WDW. Not summer busy, but busier than you'd think.

Avoid Veterans Day week. It happens to coincide with the infamous "Jersey Week" when most of the state takes advantage of the State's teacher convention school break. The food festival is still in force, Super Soap weekend and the Festival of the Masters bring in a lot of people.

Early Decoember is supposed to be a great time to visit, although I have no personal experience to share.

I've always liked late April/early May which happens to correspond with the International flower show at Epcot. Epcot is simply STUNNING then. There might be a few grad nights to contend with, but overall crowd levels are good and the weather is good for swimming.