Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Characters are my friends

Re: Disney College Program?

Quote Originally Posted by BrittaJJ1026 View Post
    Hello, fellow CP lovers! I am an alumni from the Fall 2010 program in FL. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any summer programs coming up for 2013?
    Most like any info about summer programs won't be released until Jan/Feb or so. However, I'm not holding out hope for one (there was no summer program in 2012).

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Hey britta! You should look into the summer alumni program. I haven't done it, but I bet you can find it on Google. They should be offering it.
    Not necessarily. There was no summer alumni program in 2012
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• WDI Future Show Writer

“Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

This is probably a silly question and maybe was answered earlier, but I'll ask anyway! Can Californians do the Florida College Program?

Absolutely! I worked with someone from Orange County.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Hello All! I currently attend CSUF, but I would really love to do this internship in Orlando (a chance to 'spread my wings' hehe)

Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions when the best time to apply or go for it? I am currently a junior and considering going after it my senior year (not sure if fall or spring). Does doing this program keep you in school a bit longer if you don't get the credit? (which I'm more than HAPPY to do)

I also want to ask if you are allowed the option to take the classes or job positions you want rather than being assigned to them based on your major? I am a Communications major (Entertainment & Tourism Studies) with an Associate's in Screen Acting/Voice Performance. I would love to go for entertainment, and looking at the courses Disney heritage & Entertainment Production. It seems that for the latter class, you need to be a theater major.

And Finally (last question, promise are the only entertainment positions open in the CP character performers? According to videos I've seen, some of the performers are parade performers (which is what I want), but the website only lists character performers.

Sorry these are A lot of questions! I'm really excited to apply in the future and just wanna make sure I understand everything

I can't answer the first part (I got credit for both programs I missed school for). However, if you are taking almost a full load of courses, one semester shouldn't put you that far behind (plus summer classes are always a possibility).

For roles- you select the ones you are interested in, on your application. However...Disney has the final say in which role you are assigned. Also, certain courses are major-only, unfortunately (such as the Entertainment one).

CPs are always going to be character performers in meet and greets (mostly for fur). It is possible to be trained in something, but that isn't common for CPs
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Hey guys, I just applied for the 2013 Spring Advantage Quarter Program and I just wanted to know what alumni Attractions CP's did. Was it fun or was it boring? Also, which CP's have the nighttime shifts? I heard that people had 2am shifts but I wanted to know is that for a specific role or do all CP's help around the park during the night?
    Thank you!
    "Ooooh all right, thats it! Dishonor! Dishonor on your whole family! Make a note of this! Dishonor on you Dishonor on your cow. Dis...." -Mushu

Quote Originally Posted by Mushu View Post
    Hey guys, I just applied for the 2013 Spring Advantage Quarter Program and I just wanted to know what alumni Attractions CP's did. Was it fun or was it boring? Also, which CP's have the nighttime shifts? I heard that people had 2am shifts but I wanted to know is that for a specific role or do all CP's help around the park during the night?
    Thank you!
    I did attractions on 2 CPs, at Toy Story Mania and at Great Movie Ride. While I wasn't a big fan of TSM, I LOVED GMR (and was there overall for 2.5 years). I loved doing shows (especially because each show was different).

As for times, you will find CPs working later hours at MK (where the EMH can go until 3-4 am), where AK has the earliest hours. Epcot and DHS fall in the middle (as does Downtown Disney). And if there is an event, the other parks could be running later (for example- during the ToT marathon at DHS, GMR was open until 4am). And this could be for all roles in certain locations (with the exception of FSFB, BBB, most characters unless they are out for the event, and possibly other roles that I can't remember).

May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

I see, so here would be my top 3 choices in roles:
    1.Attractions (hopefully POTC, BTMR or something in MK)
    2. Full Service Food & Beverage (Be Our Guest Restaraunt!!!)
    3. I cant pick between Merchandising, Hospitality and Characte Attendant!

I would love to work at MK because its so similar to Disneyland as opposed to the other parks AND because of the new Fantasyland expansion!!! Do you think they would allow CP's to work at the Be My Guest restaraunt? Its the reason that I put FSFB as my second choice because i would LOVE to work there. Just the atmosphere and being able to serve in the real life manifestation of one of my favorite movie moments would be a dream come true!
    "Ooooh all right, thats it! Dishonor! Dishonor on your whole family! Make a note of this! Dishonor on you Dishonor on your cow. Dis...." -Mushu

• AKA - DisneyChris

I was in the college program twice. The first time was in the Fall of 94 - I was a custodian on Main Street USA. I returned the summer of 95 - and I was an attractions host at the studio, and worked on both the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, and Star Tours. I consider these to be some of the best times of my life. I made some wonderful friends and still stay in touch with a couple of them. I recommend this experience to everyone. It was a lot of work, but it was sooooo much more fun than it was work.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• All-American

If work attractions or merchandise in the College Program, you'll be closing. A lot of CPs joke that CP actually stands for "closing people." CPs are the lowest on the totem pole in requesting shifts, and the more veteran CMs always take all the earlier shifts. How late you'll be staying up varies by park; Magic Kingdom people often get off work at midnight or 1, Epcot and DHS between 9:30 and 10:30, and Animal Kingdom people of course close the earliest between 5 and 6 on most nights. Just be aware of that reality going in.

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    I've done the CP 6 times. My roles were merchandise, character attendant, custodial, QSFB, and attractions. If you have questions about those roles, I can try to answer them for you

I'm pretty sure the buses for DL are not private use (the way WDW buses are).

For me, I loved being at WDW on the fall CP (because then you are there for the major holidays). And no, unfortunately you will be working the holidays if you go during Fall
    How did you do it six times? Did you go there for a semester, went back to school, then back to WDW? Was it mostly the summer program or seasonal after the first time?

I did mine in spring '06 at the Boardwalk Hotel in quick service foods & beverage. I would like to go back if I go back to college. Is it possible for me to do a spring or fall semester? I would like to stay at their housing. I believe if you do seasonal you can't stay at the housing and must find your own place. Can I stay at the housing for the summer program since I am an alumni?
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmiero View Post
    I also want to ask if you are allowed the option to take the classes or job positions you want rather than being assigned to them based on your major? I am a Communications major (Entertainment & Tourism Studies) with an Associate's in Screen Acting/Voice Performance. I would love to go for entertainment, and looking at the courses Disney heritage & Entertainment Production. It seems that for the latter class, you need to be a theater major.
    thats right, the Entertainment Production class requires you to be a theatre major before you can even preference it. The Disney Heritage class is super interesting, you pretty much learn about every aspect of the company from the beginnings with Walt and Roy in their uncle's garage to now and the new fantasyland. I'm currently taking this class, and the best part is, no homework!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmiero View Post
    And Finally (last question, promise are the only entertainment positions open in the CP character performers? According to videos I've seen, some of the performers are parade performers (which is what I want), but the website only lists character performers.
    it all depends on your audition scores as to whether or not you're able to be picked for parades, you also have to preference them as well. More often than not, unless they have a hole that needs filling and you're the right height, you'll be doing M&G's, but they're so fun anyway, I don't see why people would want to give up M&G's for being a parade performer and carry the canopy in DEP
    http://camsidsneyadventure.blogspot.com
    ICP - Character Performer August 2012-2013

Quote Originally Posted by Mushu View Post
    I see, so here would be my top 3 choices in roles:
    1.Attractions (hopefully POTC, BTMR or something in MK)
    2. Full Service Food & Beverage (Be Our Guest Restaraunt!!!)
    3. I cant pick between Merchandising, Hospitality and Characte Attendant!

I would love to work at MK because its so similar to Disneyland as opposed to the other parks AND because of the new Fantasyland expansion!!! Do you think they would allow CP's to work at the Be My Guest restaraunt? Its the reason that I put FSFB as my second choice because i would LOVE to work there. Just the atmosphere and being able to serve in the real life manifestation of one of my favorite movie moments would be a dream come true!
    It's possible. I've seen CPs at new places before

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    How did you do it six times? Did you go there for a semester, went back to school, then back to WDW? Was it mostly the summer program or seasonal after the first time?

I did mine in spring '06 at the Boardwalk Hotel in quick service foods & beverage. I would like to go back if I go back to college. Is it possible for me to do a spring or fall semester? I would like to stay at their housing. I believe if you do seasonal you can't stay at the housing and must find your own place. Can I stay at the housing for the summer program since I am an alumni?
    I only missed 2 semesters. Then 2 were summer alumni programs, and 2 were after I graduated (technically...one was the extension of the first. However, as they were both at seperate locations, I count them as 2 programs).

Also, you can stay in housing on a CP after being seasonal (I did). However, no one knows if there will be a summer alumni program in 2013 (there wasn't one last year).

May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123