extra day at disney!

ok so my girlfriend and are are lucky enough that my mother is a dvc member and a disney nut who cant seem to get enough of the house of mouse. she has offered to purchase our four day park hopper with the water parks and more option at the discounted salute to the military rate. now initially we were going to drive down to wdw (12) hours and meet here there the next day. however, after some clever looking on airfare, we have decided to fly in at an even cheaper rate than driving. thus creates the quandary, initially we were staying for just 5 days but these cheap tickets provide us with a whole other day! now i have no idea what to do with this day, do we go to a park the first day and miss out on another day (i only have four days in the parks) or do we just bum it around the property? (first world problems)

• Quality not quantity

Re: extra day at disney!

I hear the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is well worth a days time.

If that's not in the budget, I think I'd choose to hit the park first thing and have a "bum around" day of rest somewhere in the middle of the vacation. Disney can be exhausting.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

There are lots of cool things to do outside of the parks! There are 4 mini-golf courses that are all lots of fun, including one of the hardest mini-golf courses in the world (Fairways at Fantasia Gardens).

In your post you say you have the water park fun and more option, which means you can do the water parks, which are fantastic, and Disney Quest, which is pretty neat. You can also visit the different resorts, some of them have neat little activities, like smores around a campfire at Fort Wilderness, and the boats on the Seven Seas Lagoon.

You won't be bored!!
    WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

i gotta tell you its going to be hard to be on property and not go into one of the parks for a day...
    There’s a great, big, beautiful tomorrow
    Shining at the end of every day
    There’s a great, big, beautiful tomorrow
    And tomorrow’s just a dream away

i dont need to tell you where this is from...