Congrats to Tom Bricker (WDWFigment)

Yahoo! referenced Tom Bricker and his blog in the Tom/Suri Cruise and Cinderella Castle Suite story below

Tom Cruise treats Suri like a princess, lands a stay inside Cinderella

Thought it was pretty cool, so I thought I'd share

• formerly very helpful

Re: Congrats to Tom Bricker (WDWFigment)

I'll add my congratulations to Tom (Bricker, that is). I've long been an admirer of his photographic talent, and I'm glad he's getting some ackowledgement.

As for the article, they may want to check their facts a bit closer. The space used as the suite in the castle was never built with Walt in mind, since he passed years before construction began on Walt Disney World. Most likely, they were describing the Dream Suite in New Orleans Square.

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I'll add my congratulations to Tom (Bricker, that is). I've long been an admirer of his photographic talent, and I'm glad he's getting some ackowledgement.

As for the article, they may want to check their facts a bit closer. The space used as the suite in the castle was never built with Walt in mind, since he passed years before construction began on Walt Disney World. Most likely, they were describing the Dream Suite in New Orleans Square.
    Actually yes it was intended to be a suite for Walt/Walt's Family or any other people from the Company. They figured since they had the suite in Disneyland, they needed to also have an equivalent in WDW. It would have been very special being able to stay inside the castle though. Just because construction did not start after Walt passed does not mean that the designs did not develop until after they passed. Walt was very involved in the design of WDW even though he did not get to see his creations come to be.

• Musical Fireman

I know these locations don't have suites, but if they did and I had the cash I would love to spend a night or two maybe three or more inside the Main Street Firehouse or the Main Street RR depot. LOL just saying!!!

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    Actually yes it was intended to be a suite for Walt/Walt's Family or any other people from the Company. They figured since they had the suite in Disneyland, they needed to also have an equivalent in WDW. It would have been very special being able to stay inside the castle though. Just because construction did not start after Walt passed does not mean that the designs did not develop until after they passed. Walt was very involved in the design of WDW even though he did not get to see his creations come to be.
    You're partly right but skb1234 is right. That the suite was intended for Walt is a persistent CM rumor that won't die but it's not at all true. Though what is now the Castle suite was originally intended for Walt's family, no suite/apartment for Walt's use was ever designed/built at WDW.

Walt had next to 0 involvement in MK design and was not formally involved in MK design at any level. During the development of the Florida Project, EPCOT was Walt's primary, obsessive concern, and he grew irritated when Imagineers would even ask him about the theme park. Walt viewed the "theme park" (it didn't even have a name before he died) primarily as a wienie that would draw tourists through EPCOT on their way to the north end of the property. Even EPCOT - where Walt focused nearly all of his time and energy - was not sufficiently developed to an implementable plan at the time of Walt's death.

Detailed design of the MK didn't start until well after Walt's death, and then it was artist/Imagineer Dorothea Redmond (responsible for the beautiful Cinderella mosaics in the Cinderella castle "hallway") that designed a suite for Walt's family; not Walt.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney