Thumbs up New Fantasyland Grand Opening Set For December 6th!

New Fantasyland Grand Opening Set For December 6 at Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort « Disney Parks Blog

For more than a year now, we’ve shared updates on the New Fantasyland expansion at Magic Kingdom Parkand we’re just as excited as you are to experience these magical new attractions for ourselves.

Gallery

All in the Details: A Peek at New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park

Today we’re thrilled to announce that the grand opening of New Fantasyland will take place on December 6, 2012. Attractions included in this opening are Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid, Be Our Guest Restaurant, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Ariel’s Grotto, Gaston’s Tavern and Bonjour! Village Gifts.
    Previews of these attractions will begin November 19.
    As previously planned, the New Fantasyland expansion will continue with the opening of Princess Fairytale Hall in 2013 and the debut of a new Disney “mountain” in the form of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in 2014.
    The Storybook Circus section of the New Fantasyland expansion, which includes Barnstormer – Starring the Great Goofini, the Casey Jr. Splash & Soak Station, and Dumbo the Flying Elephant, opened to guests in July.
    How soon will you visit? And which New Fantasyland attraction are you most excited to experience?
    All in the Details: Meet the Gang at Pete’s Silly Sideshow in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park « Disney Parks Blog

Come one, come all to Pete’s Silly Sideshow in Storybook Circus at Magic Kingdom Park!
    Many of you have been asking for details on what’s happening in the big-top tents in the Storybook Circus area ofNew Fantasyland. I’m happy to share that one tent will house Pete’s Silly Sideshow character greetings, a place where guests can meet some of their favorite Disney circus stars who wait to show off their special talents.
    Gallery

All in the Details: Meet the Gang at Pete’s Silly Sideshow in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park

Once inside the tent, guests have two options: Join a line that leads to Minnie Magnifique (Minnie Mouse as a circus star) and Madame Daisy Fortuna (Daisy Duck as a fortuneteller), or head to see The Great Goofini (Goofy as a daredevil stunt pilot) and The Astounding Donaldo (Donald Duck as a snake charmer).
    In case you were wondering, Mickey Mouse will continue to greet guests in his current location at Town Square Theater on Main Street, U.S.A. And as usual, all entertainment is subject to change.
    Which character are you most excited to meet? Tell us in the comments section below!

• Insomniac

Re: New Fantasyland Grand Opening Set For December 6th!

Exciting... well the rides are exciting the use of a giant tent just to house character meet and greets is stupid IMO. Why not have a actual Disney circus show? Even if it was just small it would be better than a M&G. Honestly though I've ridden TLM in DCA, I don't ever eat at table service restaurants, I hate M&G's, Great Goofini is exactly the same as Barnstormer, Dumbo is still just a spinner even if there is two of them, and, although its better than nothing, the Casey Junior play area is meh. The only part of this expansion that really has me excited doesn't open until 2014 and thats just another junior coaster.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Nerd.

I'm excited. I will be there just a few days after the official opening. I think the theme'ing looks fabulous and look forward to seeing it all with my own eyes. I'm also hoping to get an ADR at Be Our Guest.

• Minion

I REALLY hope I can catch some soft openings when I'm there 11/27-12/3.

Tightrope Minnie should have a parasol like the girl in the Haunted Mansion portrait.

• formerly very helpful

I'm actually excited about this, even though it will be years before I have a chance to see it.