Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Dreamer

Re: New video of Luminere and new detailed views of Be our Guest and inside TLM

The Beast's castle looks great from the inside.... When can I move in?

I think projected faces look worse on film than in person.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I think projected faces look worse on film than in person.
    It's the lighting and how the cameras handle it. Buzz also looks horrible on film. This looks REALLY bad on film, but there is no way they'd let it go as we see it here. I have to assume it looks much much better live.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    It's the lighting and how the cameras handle it. Buzz also looks horrible on film. This looks REALLY bad on film, but there is no way they'd let it go as we see it here. I have to assume it looks much much better live.
    The problem with Lumiere is:

1. The project light looks "too blue".
    2. The projection light doesn't fill out the whole candle, and thus you get a "seam" between the face part of the candle and the rest of it.

Sebastian has a small face, I would have guessed that they would have made a candle with a face as big as Sebastian on TLM, maybe use that latex stuff so that there would be no seams.

Buzz Light Year's projection covers his whole face, but not his whole "head" as he's got a mask on, seems like they forgot to run some fiber optic for the rest of the candle.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Wow...I can say at the beginning of this I was like...meh...but after seeing what they are doing....wow

To me as charming as out Fantasyland in disneyland is I am really liking this new additions ALOT the land will feel very much alive when its all done

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    The problem with Lumiere is:

1. The project light looks "too blue".
    2. The projection light doesn't fill out the whole candle, and thus you get a "seam" between the face part of the candle and the rest of it.
    Both problems exaggerated with a CCD camera. The white balance and metering. Look at Leota's floating head and Buzz.. both have the similar cool temperature. That's why I think it's just very exaggerated in what we see right now.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Mostly Harmless.

Am I the only one concerned with having three castles so close together? I mean what if Prince Eric decides that he wants Fantasyland all to himself and lays siege on the other two? The beast's castle does have a tactical advantage by being up on a mountain like that but I think it will fall easy easy dur to the fact that it is guarded by furniture. The real worry is Cinderella's castle a battle there may decimate the entire Fantasyland...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Suspended

What was up with the music? Anyway, everything looks great (aside from Lumierre, but I'm sure they'll show him some love before opening.) Can't wait to see it all in December.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12